Mass Flow Meters
GAOTek offers a high quality, affordable, and accurate Mass Flow Meter. GAO Tek Mass Flow Meter can measure gas flow in sixty different types of gases. It allows you to set parameters such as ranges, real-time curve outputs, and also extract collected data in excel document. A flow meter is used to measure the rate of gas flow or liquid flow in pipes by measuring mass though unit time.
A mass flow meter basically measures the density of a fluid, with a few exceptions. When you measure the mass of a gas, the density depends heavily on the pressure present, the temperature and gas composition, whereas for liquid mass it does not depend on any of these conditions. So essentially, the complexity of the relationship depends on the density. If the density is constant, it is a simple relationship, but if it varies, the relationship is not simple. There are two types of Mass Flow Meters - Coriolis Flow Meter and Thermal Mass Flow Meters.
- Coriolis Flow Meter measures both, the mass flow and the density, for fluids ranging from gases to sludge. It is used for measurement and control performance in a wide range of applications. The material to be measured passes through one or more oscillating tubes. The rate of mass flows affects the oscillation of the tube, and thus mass flow and density can be determined. Another kind of Coriolis meter is a dual tube Coriolis flow meter. It contains two curved tubes in which the flow passes. An electromagnetic drive system causes the tubes to vibrate towards or against each other at their resonant frequency, which can be compared at the tines of a tuning fork. The frequency is determined by the stiffness of the tubes and their mass. A pair of electromagnetic sensors, also called pickoff sensors detects vibration at the points on each side of the drive unit. The sensors vibrate towards and away from each other in parallel motion if no liquid flows through the tube, and the outputs from the upstream and downstream motion sensors are said to be in phase. The Coriolis effect causes the downstream side of the loop to slightly lead the upstream side, creating a slight twist in the loops of the tubes. The amount of twist induced varies.
- Thermal Mass Flow Meters measure the mass flow rate of gasses and liquids directly. The basic principle of these meters is that volumetric measurements depend on the different conditions that influence unit volume or indirectly affect the drop in pressure, while the flow of mass measurement is not affected by changes in viscosity, density, temperature, or pressure. They are often used in monitoring or controlling mass-related processes, such as mass flow detection of compressible vapors and gasses. Change in pressure or temperature does not affect the measurement. One of the capabilities of thermal mass flow meters is accurate measurement of low gas flow rates or low gas under 25 feet per minute of flow velocity, lower than can be detected by any other device. They can measure flow over a wide range - 10:1 to 100:1 if operated in constant temperature difference mode. If the heat input is constant, it can also detect temperature differences with limited drop off. At normal flows, measurement errors are limited to 1-2 percent, in a full-scale range.
GAOTek Mass Flow Meter (Gas) has the following features:
- Temperature drift: Minimal or zero drift in temperature.
- Variety of Gases: It can measure over 60 types of gas.
- Parameters:It allows setting parameters for measurement, allowing for setting medium parameters, and customization of flow range, low-pressure difference, and real-time curve output.
- Data collection:All collected data can be extracted in Excel format.
Our gas flow meter is lightweight, easy to use, with a maximum pressure of 10MPA that supports 41 to 149F and 5 to 64 Celsius.
Mass Flow Meters are used in a variety of industries. Their applications are not just limited to structural engineering. They are used in:
- Oil and gas industry
- Power plants
- Chemical industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Manufacturing of paints, sealants and coatings
- Food and beverage industry
Showing the single result