A clamp meter is an electrical test tool that combines a basic digital multimeter with a current sensor. Clamps measure current. Probes measure voltage. Having a hinged jaw joined into an electrical meter allows technicians to clamp the jaws around a wire, cable or other conductor at any point in an electrical system, then measure current in that circuit without detaching/deenergizing it. Beneath their plastic moldings, hard jaws are made up of ferrite iron and are engineered to detect, concentrate and measure the magnetic field being generated by current as it flows through a conductor.
GAOTek has developed advanced clamp meters that are high quality, affordable, and accurate. They are very versatile instruments for the measurement of the vector sum of the currents. We have a wide variety of clamp meters with the simplest operation. With precise measurements, we ensure that you will be satisfied when using our products.
GAOTek clamp meters are the best when it comes to quality and high accuracy readings. The process can be done in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek’s various types of clamp meters.
In today’s technology, there are various types of clamp meters. Generally, a clamp meter is composed of five different components: Clamp, Clamp Button, Dial, Screen, and Cable sockets. The clamp is a fastening device used to hold or secure objects tightly together to prevent movement or separation through the application of inward pressure that is used to measure the current in a Clamp meter. The clamp button is used to control the clamp. The dial is where the user should select what kind of measurement the clamp meter would use. The screen is where the measurement of the measured object is shown. Lastly, the cable sockets are desired for common input jack and volts/ohm input jack.
GAOTek’s clamp meters offer a lot of key features that are helpful in operating the device easily and for an accurate reading.
· Includes large backlit display, frequency, ac and dc voltage, resistance, continuity, and min/max
· Data logging: Identify intermittent faults by logging any power quality parameter for minutes, or over a month
· User defined alarm limits for rapid pass/fail type measurements
· Rugged and easy to use
· Accurately measure frequency of current and voltage up to 1 kHz
· Compact form factor to make measurements easily in tight cable compartments
· Measure true-rms voltage, capacitance, resistance, and continuity
· Broad range of measurement, from 1 µA up to 60 A, for all installation needs
· Advanced shielding to ensure accurate results when measuring near other conductors
In addition to all this features, our products have high precision of measurements, high resolution and quick sampling speed. More importantly, our products are also affordable when it comes to your budget. You can have different options to choose from with all the various kinds of clamp meters manufactured by our company.
There are a lot of application for the clamp meter to be used especially with electrical and maintenance. Below is the list of examples where clamp meters are desired to be useful for contractors, electrician and building maintenance.
Working on panels and branch circuits
· Measure loads on a branch circuit at a panel (including branch circuits, feeder cables, and neutrals) and the continuity of fuses, switches, and contacts
· Measure load side voltage of a breaker or fuse
· Check if a circuit is live before beginning work
Verify circuit integrity and operation
· Measures ac voltage, load current, and continuity of contacts, switches and fuses
· Check balance and loading of feeder cables
Working with drives and motors
· Measure motor start-up and run current
· Measure the output of variable speed drives and motors
In and around the service panel
· Clamp around bus bar or conductors to measure loads and line frequency in feeders and circuits
Measure ac or dc current
· Measure ac or dc for use in battery-operated systems like UPS or other dc systems
Service entrance, service panel, and low voltage vaults
· In the service panel, clamp around each distinct phase. (Excellent for large single or parallel conductors)
· In the service entrance, clamp around bus bars, up to 2.5 in, to verify expected current usage
· Measures current in conductors of low-voltage vaults (1000 V or less)
Working with large loads
· Verify operation of large current DC systems, large load service panels, switchgears, and motors
Checking furnaces and boilers
· Capture flue gas temperatures and perform flame rod testing
HVAC Motors and drives
· Measure run and start motor capacitors
· Troubleshoot compressor electrical motor faults
· Measure performance of variable frequency drives
Testing electrical performance
· Measure supply-side and load-side current and voltage
· Measure current and voltage phase balance on 3 phase systems
Showing all 11 results
AC and DC Clamp Meter with High Accuracy (Integral Mode)ID: GT00Z600ZX Call for Quote
AC and DC Clamp Meter with High Accuracy (Non contact Measurement)ID: GT00Z600ZW Call for Quote
AC Clamp Meter with Wide Measuring Range (Data Memory)ID: GT00Z600ZT Call for Quote
AC Clamp Meter with Wide Measuring Range (High Accuracy)ID: GT00Z600ZU Call for Quote
Clamp Meter with AC and DC Current (On-Line Monitoring)ID: GT00XC00ZZ Call for Quote
Light-Weight DC Clamp Meter (High Accuracy and Resolution)ID: GT00Z600ZV Call for Quote
Portable H/L Voltage Clamp Current Leaker (Data Preserve)ID: GT00YA00ZX Call for Quote
Three-Channel Leakage Current Tester (Large Memory)ID: GT00YB00ZV Call for Quote
H/L Voltage Clamp Meter with Data MemoryID: GT00YA00ZW Call for Quote
H/L Voltage Clamp Meter (Voltage detector)ID: GT00YA00ZY Call for Quote
H/L Voltage Clamp Current Meter (Data Hold)ID: GT00YA00ZZ Call for Quote