GAOTek conductivity meters report the conductivity of a substance as an inverse function of resistivity. Resistivity is measured in ohms/cm, while conductivity is measured in mhos/cm. Our instruments are ideal for water conditioning, medical, beverage, laboratory, and other industrial applications. GAOTek’s high-performance conductivity meters are reliable, high quality, accurate and affordable pieces of equipment that facilitate easy inspection and testing. They are compact, easy to carry, portable instruments that allow a user to conveniently work in complex conditions on-site.
Measurement of conductivity is a widespread and useful technique for quality control in applications such as testing water purity, checking water quality, estimating the total number of ions in a solution and measuring components in process solutions. Conductivity instrumentation is a primary parameter of a monitoring program. In some applications conductivity is measured in units of resistivity, which is the inverse of conductivity. Some applications require measurement of total dissolved solids. In our devices conductivity is measured as a factor of the level and types of ions present. These meters are reliable, sensitive, and affordable devices.
A conductivity meter applies an alternating current (I) at an optimal frequency, to two active electrodes, and measures the potential (V). Then conductance (I/V) is calculated using the current and potential measurements. Conductivity meter uses conductance and cell constant to display the value for conductivity.
There are many factors that influence measurement of conductivity, such as polarization, cable resistance, geometry, frequency change and temperature.
Polarization occurs when an electric current is passed through electrodes in a solution. This may cause an accumulation of ions near electrode surfaces, causing chemical reactions at the surfaces. The resistance of polarization may lead to erroneous results.
When measuring outside the pole, errors may occur if the measuring field falls outside the geometry space. This can affect the field lines if an object intercepts these field lines.
When polarization is negligible compared to the resistance of the solution, low frequencies are applied, especially at low conductivities. This reduces the cable capacitance effect, which is greater when conductivity is low. However, all cables have a definite length and resistance, which can add to errors. A shielded cable also has some capacitance, and cable capacitance of such cables is not negligible when conductance is low.
Thus, it is recommended that a conductivity meter must be calibrated frequently for accurate measurements. It is difficult to provide a calibration interval, as the interval for conductivity cells depends on the application it is set on, samples, and the operating conditions in use. However, a cell constant value must be ascertained. It is also recommended that the thermostat, the surroundings, and the calibration must be as close as possible, to make sure that all the poles in a conductivity cell are covered.
GAOTek conductivity meters are reliable, accurate, and easy to use devices. Their features include:
- Large LCD display
- Linear or pure water compensation for measurement accuracy
- Automatic temperature compensation for accurate readings over the entire range of conductivity meter
- Calibration due reminder
- A stability indicator to automatically display the current measurement status
- Auto-hold function to freeze stable measured values for easy viewing and recording
- Operations guide
- USB communication interface for data transfer
- Multi-mode power scheme (battery, power adapter, computer’s USB port)
- Built-in temperature sensors that allow the meter to adjust conductivity readings according to the changes in solution temperature
- Microprocessor-based chip and parts apparatus joined with SMT technology for high performance and stability
- Selectable cell constant (0.1/1/10), temperature coefficient and TDS conversion factor
A conductivity meter is used in various applications such as:
- In applications where conductivity primarily depends on the presence of ions in the solution, such as monitoring water purity, checking drinking water quality and processing water quality.
- In applications where conductivity depends on resistivity measurements, such as water contamination in organic solvents.
- In the paper industry where total organic and inorganic dissolved solids in water are accurately measured.
- For monitoring and determining the quality of high purity water in single point and differential leak detection.
- In applications where acids and bases are used.
- For salinity measurement which is proportional to conductivity especially in food.
- For checking quality of the water used to clean electronic components, where even a tiny amount of impurity in water can cause serious impact on product quality.
Showing all 21 results
Conductivity Meter with DO (Salinity and Resistivity)ID: GT00YZ00ZL Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Economy Portability (Data Storage)ID: GT00YZ00ZP Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with High Accuracy (3 Points Calib)ID: GT00ZA00ZV Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with mV and TDS Measuring (Auto-Hold)ID: GT00YZ00ZE Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Resistivity Meter (TDS and Salinity)ID: GT00YZ00ZM Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity and Resistivity Modes (Reset)ID: GT00YZ00ZG Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity Meter (Reset Function)ID: GT00YZ00ZN Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS (10 Optional Parameters)ID: GT00YZ00ZO Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS Measuring Mode (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00ZH Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Temperature Compensation (Basic)ID: GT00YZ00ZJ Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Test and Controls (High Performance)ID: GT00YZ00ZI Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS and Temperature (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00ZA Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Various Range Types (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00Z9 Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS/Salinity Measuring (Storage)ID: GT00YZ00ZD Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity/DO Meter (Resolution)ID: GT00YZ00ZC Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter With TDS and Salinity (Self-diagnostic)ID: GT00ZK00ZY Call for Quote
GAOTek Conductivity Meter with TDS/Salinity is an excellent choice to detect conductivity, TDS, and salinity effectively. .
Conductivity Meter With Power-Off Protect (Salinity, TDS)ID: GT00YZ00Z5 Call for Quote
GAO Tek Conductivity Meter with Power-off protection is a cost-efficient device for field professionals to measure Salinity and TDS amounts reliably.
Auto-Calibration Conductivity Meter (Salinity, Resistivity)ID: GT00YZ00Z4 Call for Quote
GAO Tek Conductivity Meter with Auto-Calibration feature enables technicians to measure salinity, conductivity and resistivity levels accurately.
Conductivity Meter With TDS (Temperature, Salinity)ID: GT00YZ00Z6 Call for Quote
GAO Tek Conductivity Meter is designed to measure the Temperature, Salinity and TDS and Conductivity levels accurately and effectively.
Conductivity Meter with Temperature (High purity water)ID: GT00YZ00Z7 Call for Quote
GAO Tek Conductivity Meter with Temperature and Conductance sensor is designed for technicians to test purity of water effectively.
Portable Conductivity Meter With DJS-1C (High Purity Water)ID: GT00YZ00YY Call for Quote
GAO Tek Portable Conductivity Meter with DJS-1C conductance sensor is used by technicians to test purity water level effectively.