GAOTek conductivity meters report the conductivity of a substance as an inverse of a resistivity measurement. The resistivity is measured in ohms/cm, while the conductivity is measured in mhos/cm. Our instruments are also ideal for various applications such as water conditioning, medical, beverage, laboratory, and many other industrial applications. GAOTek high-performance conductivity meters are reliable, high quality, and inexpensive pieces of equipment that provide an accurate measuring for easier inspection or testing. It is compact, easy to carry and portable to allow the user to work in complex conditions and on-site.
Measurement of conductivity is widespread and a very useful method especially for quality control applications such as water purity, water quality, and estimation of the total number of ions in a solution or direct measurement of components in process solutions; these processes can all be performed using the conductivity meter.
Its reliability, sensitivity, and inexpensiveness as a conductivity instrumentation allows itself to be a potential primary parameter of a monitoring program. Some applications are measured in units of resistivity, which is the inverse of conductivity. Other applications require the measurement of total dissolved solids, but our device is related to the conductivity by a factor dependent upon the level and types of ions present.
A conductivity meter applies an alternating current (I) at an optimal frequency to two active electrodes and measures the potential (V).Then the conductance (I/V) is calculated from the current and the potential, The conductivity meter then uses the conductance and cell constant to display the conductivity.
There are many factors that influences the conductivity measurement such as polarization, cable resistance, geometry, frequency change and temperature. Polarization occurs when applying an electrical current to electrodes in the solution which may cause an accumulation of ionic species near the electrode surfaces and chemical reactions at the surfaces. Which then the resistance of the polarization that rises may lead to erogenous results as it is a parasitic component to the solution’s resistance.
When measuring outside the pole, errors can happen due to the measuring field being outside the geometry space and it can affect the field lines if something intercepts those field lines. However, when the polarization is negligible compared to the resistance of the solution, the low frequencies are applied, especially at low conductivities. It also contributes to reducing the cable capacitance effect, which is greater when the conductivity is low. All cable have a given length therefore it has a given resistance and errors can occur. Also, all cables have a given capacity especially a shielded cable and when the conductance is low, the cable capacitance is not negligible.
It is recommended that to get an accurate measurement, the conductivity meter must be calibrated frequently so that the cell constant value must be ascertained while it is hard to provide a given calibration interval as the interval for the conductivity cells will depend on the application it is set on, samples, and the operating conditions currently in use. It is also recommended that the thermostat, the surroundings, and the calibration must be as close as possible, and then it is made sure that all the poles in the conductivity cell are covered.
GAOTek conductivity meters are reliable, accurate, and easy to use to help prevent failure in operations. They also have a variety of possible features:
· Large LCD display
· Linear or pure water compensation improves measurement accuracy of meter
· Automatic Temperature Compensation provides accurate readings over the entire range
· Calibration Due Reminder prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly
· Offers a stability indicator that automatically displays the current measurement status
· Auto-Hold function freezes stable measured values for easy viewing and recording
· Operational guide is included to help user start using the meter
· Stored data can be transferred into computer by USB communication interface
· Multi-mode power scheme (battery, power adapter, computer’s USB port)
· Built-in temperature sensors allow the meter to adjust the conductivity readings according to the changes in solution temperature
· Microprocessor-based chip and parts apparatus are jointed with SMT technology offers high performance and stability
· Selectable cell constant (0.1/1/10), temperature coefficient and TDS conversion factor
The conductivity meter is used various application such as:
· Conductivity applications that requires measuring the conductivity where it only require the presence of the ions in the solution such as monitoring water purity, drinking water and process water quality.
· Applications that requires resistivity measurements such as water contamination in organic solvents like agriculture
· Paper industry that measures accurately the total organic and inorganic dissolved solids in water
· Leak detection whether single point or differential such as monitoring determining the quality of high purity water
· Applications where acids and bases are used
· Salinity measurement which is proportional to conductivity especially in food
· Applications where cleaning water is used to clean electronics components in which a tiny amount of impurity remaining in the water can cause a serious impact on the product quality
Showing all 21 results
Conductivity Meter with DO (Salinity and Resistivity)ID: GT00YZ00ZL Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Economy Portability (Data Storage)ID: GT00YZ00ZP Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with High Accuracy (3 Points Calib)ID: GT00ZA00ZV Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with mV and TDS Measuring (Auto-Hold)ID: GT00YZ00ZE Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Resistivity Meter (TDS and Salinity)ID: GT00YZ00ZM Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity and Resistivity Modes (Reset)ID: GT00YZ00ZG Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity Meter (Reset Function)ID: GT00YZ00ZN Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS (10 Optional Parameters)ID: GT00YZ00ZO Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS Measuring Mode (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00ZH Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Temperature Compensation (Basic)ID: GT00YZ00ZJ Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Test and Controls (High Performance)ID: GT00YZ00ZI Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS and Temperature (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00ZA Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Various Range Types (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YZ00Z9 Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with TDS/Salinity Measuring (Storage)ID: GT00YZ00ZD Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Salinity/DO Meter (Resolution)ID: GT00YZ00ZC Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter With TDS and Salinity (Self-diagnostic)ID: GT00ZK00ZY Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter With Power-Off Protect (Salinity, TDS)ID: GT00YZ00Z5 Call for Quote
Auto-Calibration Conductivity Meter (Salinity, Resistivity)ID: GT00YZ00Z4 Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter With TDS (Temperature, Salinity)ID: GT00YZ00Z6 Call for Quote
Conductivity Meter with Temperature (High purity water)ID: GT00YZ00Z7 Call for Quote
Portable Conductivity Meter With DJS-1C (High Purity Water)ID: GT00YZ00YY Call for Quote