Mass Flow Meters
GAOTek offers high quality, affordable, and accurate Mass Flow Meters. GAOTek Mass Flow Meters measures gas flow over a wide dynamic range in sixty different types of gas and allows you to set parameters such as ranges, real- time curve outputs, also collects data into excel document, and much more. In general, a flow meter is a device or instrument that is used to measure a rate of gas flow or liquid flow in pipes. It measures mass though unit time.
When measuring the mass flow, what is basically being measured is the density, with a few exceptions. For example, when you are measuring the mass of gas, in which the density depends closely on the pressure present and the temperature and gas composition, whereas for liquid mass it is independent on the present conditions. Basically, if the density is constant, the relationship is simple, but if the density varies, then the relationship is not simple. There are two types of Mass Flow Meters. Coriolis Flow Meter and Thermal Mass Flow Meters.
· Coriolis Flow Meter measures both the mass flow and the density directly and provides accuracy for fluids ranging from gasses to sludge. This can improve the measurement and control performance in a wide range of application. What happens is that the material to be measured passes through one or more oscillating tubes at which the rate of the mass flows affects the oscillation of the tube, in which the mass flow and the density can be determined. A dual- tube Coriolis meter, another kind of Coriolis meter contains two curved tubes at which the flow passes, and an electromagnetic drive system causes the tubes to vibrate towards or against each other at their resonant frequency, which can be compared or described as the tines of a tuning fork. Basically, what is happening is that the frequency is determined by the stiffness of the tubes and their mass. The pair of electromagnetic sensors or also called pickoff sensors detects the vibration at points on each side of the drive unit. If there is no fluid flowing through the tubes, they vibrate towards and away from each other in parallel motion, and the outputs of the upstream and downstream motion sensors are in phase. What is happening in the tubes is that the Coriolis effect causes the downstream side of the loop to slightly lead the upstream side, which created the slight twist in the loops of the tubing, the amount of twist created varies.
· Thermal Mass Flow Meters measures the mass flow rate of gasses and liquids directly, the volumetric measurements are affected by different conditions that influence unit volume or indirectly affect the drop in pressure, while the flow of the mass measurement is unaffected by the changes in its viscosity, density, temperature, and pressure. This is often used in monitoring or controlling mass-related processes. Such as detecting the mass flow of compressible vapors and gasses, the measurement is unaffected by the change in pressure and the temperature. One of its capabilities is to accurately measure low gas flow rates or low gas which is under 25 feet per minute, also velocity, lower that can be detected with any other device. It also provides high rangeability of 10:1 to 100:1 if they are operated in constant temperature difference mode. However, if heat input is constant, it also has the ability to detect temperature differences which are limited range-ability drop off. At normal flows, measurement errors are usually in the 1-2 percent in a full-scale range.
GAOTek Mass Flow Meter (Gas) has the following features:
• Temperature drift: low or zero drift in temperature
• Variety of Gas: it can measure over 60 types of gas
• Parameters: can be set: medium parameters could be set, can customize flow range, low-pressure difference, also real-time curve output
• Data collection: all collected data are in Excel form
The gas flow meter is lightweight, easy to use, with a maximum pressure of 10MPA that supports 41 to 149f to 5 to 64 Celsius.
Mass Flow Meters are used in various industries; it is not just limited to structural engineering. Mass flow meter could be used in:
• Oil and gas industries
• Power plants
• Chemical and petrochemical industries
• Paints, sealants and coating making
• Food and beverage
Showing the single result