Moisture meters are used to measure the amount or percentage of water in a material. The information gathered from these devices can be used to determine if the material is ready for use or in need of further inspection. Building materials such as roofing, siding, drywall, insulation, wood, plaster, tile and fiberglass are examples of moisture meter can measure.
GAOTek developed advanced moisture meters that are high quality, affordable, and accurate. We have a wide variety of selection of moisture meters that will help you measure the percentage of water or to locate moisture in a material. With precise measurements, we ensure that these products satisfy your needs when using it.
GAOTek moisture meters are the best when it comes to quality and high accuracy readings. The process can be done in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek wide selection of moisture meters.
Moisture meters are available in two different versions: pin-type and pin less.
· Pin-type - Pin-type moisture meters are capable of measuring the resistance between test pins inserted into a piece of wood or a building material and use that reading it is to be painted, sanded, covered or finished.
· Pinless - the ability of moisture to inductively distort an electric field created by turning on the meter is what the pinless moisture meters rely on the ability.
· There are two main components of a moisture meter: Resistance Meters (Pin meters), Electromagnetic Wave Technology (EMV Meters). There is also an optional item that can be connected to the moisture meter and they are called external probes.
· Resistance Meters (Pin Meters) – They have two or more pins that are pushed into the wood. One pin carries out the direct current travels into the moist wood and the other pin picks it up. These meters get the measurement of the resistance to a current. Dry wood allows little current to pass, damper wood permits more. The meter reads how much resistance there is to the current and correlates the resistance to wood moisture content.
· Electromagnetic Wave Technology (EMV Meters) – They are sometimes called pinless meters. They measure the moisture content of wood without piercing into it with pins. The waves create an electromagnetic field (EMF) the size of the sensor to a depth up to either .75″ to 1.0″ depending on which model is specified.
· External probes (Optional) – These are available to give your meter an extended reach. Also, if you are trying to get a reading on a piece of wood, this gives you a more accurate and more of a core reading.
· Portability and Accessibility: The inductive moisture meter was made with portability and accessibility on mind as this device is portable, compact, easy to use.
· Fast Sampling Rate: GAOTek has mad sure that the moisture measurement readings are instant.
· Display: The Digital display of the moisture meter consists of 4 LCD screens with backlight. This gives exact and clear visible readings.
· Automatic and Manual power down: Preferences are a big this for GAOTek. Therefore, we incorporated the double option power down. You can manual turn off the device at any time or the Auto power off feature will take over if after 5 minutes from there has been no recorded activity.
· Memory Function: The inductive moisture meter has the Data hold function. This is put in place so an individual can go ahead and retrieve logged data. The function is basically used to remember a certain log within the data logger. This internal memory system can hold previous records.
· Battery Low Alert: The battery levels are monitored by the device's systems and when it reaches low levels you are alerted to recharge the device.
· Surface detection variety: GAOTek has designed its Inductive moisture meters to be able to Detect Moisture on many surfaces but was created specifically for 4 different materials (drywall, masonry, softwood, hardwood)
· Out of range Alert: This device has been given an out of range alert for when you the object you are trying read is out of range. There is an Audio Alarm if reading is out of range.
· Auto Calibration: The auto calibration feature seems like a must to meet industrial standards. GAOTeks implementation of this into the device was crucial and from a consumer point-of-view, this is practical.
Moisture meters are used in a multitude of different occupations and fields. Although this is the case, the most common occupation that uses a moisture meter is the building and home inspectors as they rely heavily on this product for the detection of water damage and/or plumbing problems. Usually, Moisture meters are useful in the scientific, industrial, woodworking industries who make furniture. Another very common occupation where moisture meter is used is flooring contractors. They use these devices to determine the ideal time for the contractor to install the concrete slabs or subfloors.
Showing all 6 results
Moisture Meter with Concrete (High Precision, Light Weight)ID: GT00XW00ZS Call for Quote
Inductive Moisture Meter for Paper & Carton (Wide Range)ID: GT00XW00ZY Call for Quote
Moisture Meter for Wood & Concrete (Data Hold)ID: GT00XW00ZM Call for Quote
Moisture Meter for Paper (High Precision Measurement)ID: GT00XW00ZO Call for Quote
Moisture Meter for Cotton (Fast Speed/Data Hold)ID: GT00XW00ZP Call for Quote
Moisture Meter for Paper (High Precision/JIS P8127)ID: GT00XW00ZN Call for Quote