GAOTek pH Meters are electrical devices for determining the acidity and alkalinity of a sample solution. A pH meter measures the electric potential between a reference electrode and a pH electrode. GAOTek’s high-performance conductivity meters are reliable, affordable, and high quality devices that provide an accurate measurement for easy inspection and testing. They are extremely user-friendly, easy to carry and portable, allowing the user to work in complex conditions. Their easy operation makes them ideal for use by new users.
- pH is an abbreviation for “pondus hydrogenii”, proposed by a Danish scientist S.P.L. Sorensen in 1909, to determine the concentration of hydrogen ions.pH is based on the negative base 10 logarithm of hydrogen ion concentration. It is measured using a setup with two electrodes and a value range of 0 to 14. The two electrodes used are - indicator electrode and reference electrode. These are often combined into a single electrode. A small galvanic cell is developed when the two electrodes are inserted in a solution. The electrode is filled with an electrolyte solution that detects the presence of positively charged Hydrogen ions. The electrolyte does this either by accepting or releasing electrons, in an effort to keep the environment charge-neutral, with equal positively and negatively charged particles. An ideal measuring condition is when only the potential of the indicator electrode changes in response to varying pH, and that of the reference electrode remains constant.
- A pH meter consists of a voltmeter attached to a pH-responsive electrode, and a variable reference electrode. The pH-responsive electrode is usually a glass electrode, and the reference electrode is usually a mercury chloride electrode. When the two electrodes are connected in a solution, they act as a battery and the glass electrode develops a charge. This charge is directly related to the hydrogen-ion activity in the solution. A voltmeter then measures the potential difference between the glass and reference electrodes.
- It is important to consider the following factors while using our pH meters, for a precise result:
- Accuracy is the most important factor in measuring pH. When using a pH meter, it is recommended to use an accuracy of at least ±0.02 units.
- Electrode is the part of a pH meter that is immersed in the sample. You should choose an electrode that is suitable for the sample it has to test.
- The ability to store, cancel, view and print test results is available in our devices. They allow you to store multiple sets of data.
- 5 kinds of pH buffer solutions can make 1-3 points automatic calibration.
- Use a proper pH meter suitable for the application or environment it is to be used , such as a bench top model for laboratory use or handheld model in plant applications.
- Temperature can affect a pH reading. Normally. A pH meter is calibrated at room temperature, but it is important to calibrate a pH meter as per the temperature of the environment in which the samples are to be tested.
- When calibrating a pH meter, it is recommended to calibrate it against a known standard to ascertain the accuracy each time it is used.
- Selecting a pH meter with at least a two-point calibration offers the most accurate results.
GAOTek pH meters are reliable, accurate, and easy to use devices designed to prevent failure in operations. Some of their features include:
- Selectable pH buffer. Our devices follow standard (USA/NIST/DIN) and can offer custom calibration solutions.
- Auto hold function freezes or locks the stable measured value for easier viewing and recording of data.
- Network function - RS232 bidirectional communication with a printer or TLab8.0 communication and data processing software.
- USB connection for networking, printing, weigh scale measurements and data transfer capabilities.
- System menu allows setting 9 parameters, including pH buffer standard, number of calibration points, resolution, stability condition and temperature unit.
- Automatic electrode slope display indicates when the users should consider replacing the sensor.
- Standard liquid temperature auto conversion to store the temperature curve of the standard liquid in advance. It can convert pH value of the standard liquid automatically at the set temperature during calibration.
- Our devices are Computer based and designed for high-performance CPU chip, high precision AD conversion technology and SMT technology, to complete multi-parameter measurement, instrument self-checking, and temperature compensation, for high precision results and repeatability.
- Multi-mode power scheme (battery, power adapter, computer’s USB port).
pH meters are employed in chemical industry applications such as hexavalent chromium destruction, water purification processes which use reverse osmosis, electroplating, cyanide destruction and neutralization of effluents in steel, pulp or paper. Other industries where pH meters find application are petrochemical, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and biotechnology. A pH meter helps assess the pH value of chemical substances and food products, for safety and quality.
Showing all 21 results
PH Meter with Conductivity and TDS (Multimodes Power)ID: GT00YY00ZT Call for Quote
PH Meter with Conductivity/TDS/Salinity (Storage Data)ID: GT00YY00ZS Call for Quote
PH Meter with High Precision (3000 Data Store and Single Board)ID: GT00Y400ZY Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV (3 Points Calibration and Self-Diagnostic)ID: GT00ZA00ZU Call for Quote
PH Meter with ORP (0.2% Accuracy and 0-14 PH Range)ID: GT00ZJ00ZW Call for Quote
PH Meter with ORP and Temperature (Low Error Rate)ID: GT00ZJ00ZX Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV and Conductivity and Temp (Wide Measuring Range)ID: GT00Y400ZA Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV and Temperature (Two Point Auto Calibration)ID: GT00Y400ZB Call for Quote
PH Meter with ORP/Ion (High Accuracy, 5 Point Calibration)ID: GT00Y400ZH Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV and Temperature (Accurate, Auto Calibration)ID: GT00Y400ZC Call for Quote
PH Meter with ORP and Conductivity Range (Data Storage, Accurate)ID: GT00Y400ZD Call for Quote
PH Meter with ORP/Temp (High Precision, 5 Point Calib)ID: GT00Y400ZI Call for Quote
PH Meter with 2 Points Calibration (Electrode Slope)ID: GT00Y400ZF Call for Quote
PH Meter with 5 Points Calibration (High Accuracy)ID: GT00Y400ZE Call for Quote
PH Meter with Conductivity/TDS/Salinity (High Accuracy)ID: GT00YY00ZR Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV/Temp ( Temp. Compensation, 3 Point Calib)ID: GT00Y400ZJ Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV (2 Point Calibration, High Accuracy)ID: GT00Y400ZM Call for Quote
PH Meter with mV/Temp (Quality Controls, 2 Point Calibration)ID: GT00Y400ZK Call for Quote
PH Meter with Temperature (High Resolution, Accuracy)ID: GT00Y400ZP Call for Quote
Multifunctional PH Meter (mV, CF, TDS, Temp, Conductivity)ID: GT00Y400ZQ Call for Quote
PH Meter with ION (500 Data Store and Self-diagnostic)ID: GT00ZK00ZX Call for Quote
GAOTek PH Meter with ION detects PH and ION with high accuracy and stores 500 history data.