Sound Level Meters
A sound level meter also referred to as sound pressure level (SPL), decibel (DB) meter, noise meter or noise dosimeter is used to for measuring sounds that travel through the air. It is used to assess noise or sound levels by measuring sound pressure. It uses a microphone to capture the sound and the sound is then evaluated within the device. They are mainly used to protect hearing from loud noises to create a better environment in every industry.
GAOTek developed advanced sound level meters that are high quality, affordable, and accurate. They are very versatile instruments for the measurement of sound pressure. We have a wide variety of selection of sound level meter that will help you assess noise or sound level with the simplest operation. With precise measurements, we ensure that you will be satisfied when using our products.
GAOTek sound level meter are the best when it comes to quality and high accuracy readings. The process can be done in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek’s various types of sound level meter.
A sound level meter is composed of different types of technology. There is the preamplifier, weighting network or filters, amplifier, and rectifier.
· Microphone – It is the transducer or sensor of the device that converts the picked-up sound into an electrical signal.
· Preamplifier – An electronic device that amplifies a very weak signal, from a microphone or picks up, then it transmits it to the main amplifier.
• Weighting network or filters – It is used to distinguish against different frequencies designated as A, B, C, D.
o An A-weighting filter is commonly used to emphasize frequencies around 3-6 kHz where the human ear is most sensitive while attenuating very high and very low frequencies to which the ear is sensitive. It is only valid for relatively quiet sounds and for pure tones.
o A B-weighting filter is used for predicting the performance of loudspeakers and stereos, but not industrial noise.
o A C-weighting filter scale is quite flat and therefore includes much more of the low-frequency range of sounds than A and B.
o Lastly, a D-weighting filter is used to assess loud noise such as aircraft.
• Amplifier – It is an electronic device that can increase the power off signal. It functions is to take power from a power supply and controlling the output to match the input signal shape but with a larger amplitude.
• Rectifier – A device that converts an alternating current into a direct one by allowing a current to flow through it in one direction only.
o The technologies that were used in GAOTek’s sound level meter have been made much progress on reliability, simplified operation procedure, improved measurement resolution and upgraded application function for software.
GAOTek sound level meter offer a lot of key features that are helpful in operating the device easily and for an accurate reading.
• Latest digital technology with a high-resolution color TFT display
• The on-off control is a toggle function. Pressing the on/off key will turn the device on or off. If the hygrometer is left on with no activity for a period of time, the unit will turn itself off to conserve the battery.
• Ideal for environmental or occupational monitoring
• Single measurement range up to 130dB, no range adjustment required
• Simultaneous measurement of all parameters with all frequency and time weightings
• A low battery indicator is also included. A weak battery can cause imprecise measurements or improper operation. A low battery indicator is provided on the display to show that the battery needs to be recharged. It is required to charge the battery to make sure that you get the best results in the device.
• Voice notes to annotate measurements
• Audio (WAV) recording
• Data markers, back erase function and audio recording
• A variable response time and a large memory to store the data
• Up to 15 hours of battery life
• Offers 4 measurement parameters: Lp (sound level); Leq (Equivalent Continuous A Sound Level ); Lmax ( Maximum Sound Level) and LN (Percent of all readings over alarm value set )
In addition to all these features, our products have a high precision of measurements, high resolution, and quick sampling speed. More importantly, our products are also affordable when it comes to your budget. With all the various kinds of torque testers manufactured by our company, you can have different options to choose from.
Sound level meter are used in different industries. They help to control the noise exposure in a certain place to avoid loud noises that can destroy human hearing. Below are the following applications where sound level meters are used.
• Environmental Noise
• Industrial Noise
• Occupational Noise
• Construction Noise
• Airport Noise
• Rail Noise
• Motorsport Noise
• Mining Noise
• Traffic Noise
• Community Noise
• Wind Farm Noise
• Noise Ordinance Enforcement
The sound level meters are also well suited for acoustic development in the automotive, appliance, motorcycle, turbine, and speaker industries. It helps to develop quieter products to create a better environment.
Showing all 18 results
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (4S Self-Calib)ID: GT00XR00ZU Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Accurate)ID: GT00XR00ZV Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Accurate, Type 2)ID: GT00XR00ZT Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Light Weight)ID: GT00XR00ZS Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Bar Graph)ID: GT00XR00ZI Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Max/Min)ID: GT00XR00ZJ Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Single Range)ID: GT00XR00ZK Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Auto Power Off)ID: GT00XR00ZL Call for Quote
Sound Level Calibrator with Large Storage (Autorange Selection)ID: GT00XR00ZY Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Std ANSI S1.4 TYPE2 (S/W Analysis)ID: GT00XR00ZN Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Noise Meter (High level Detector)ID: GT00XR00ZM Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with AC and DC Function (Auto Ranging)ID: GT00XR00ZO Call for Quote
Portable Digital Sound Level Meter (Max Hold,Blister Card)ID: GT00XR00ZX Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Real Time Clock Reader)ID: GT00XR00ZG Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Pressure Level (Exposure Level)ID: GT00XR00ZR Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wild Measurement Range (Portable)ID: GT00XR00ZQ Call for Quote
Digital Multi-Function Sound Level Meter (Max Hold Value)ID: GT00XR00ZP Call for Quote
Digital Sound Level Meter ( Relative Humidity Meter)ID: GT00XR00ZZ Call for Quote