Sound Level Meters
A sound level meter, also referred to as a sound pressure level (SPL), decibel (DB) meter, noise meter or noise dosimeter is used for measuring sounds travelling through air. It is used to assess noise or sound levels by measuring sound pressure. It uses a microphone to capture sound and the sound is then evaluated in the device. It is mainly used to prevent loud noises in order to create a better work environment.
GAOTek has developed advanced, high quality, affordable and accurate sound level meters. They are versatile instruments for sound pressure measurements. We have a variety of simple sound level meters that you can choose from, to assess noise or sound level. With our precise measurements, we ensure that you have a good experience using our products. GAOTek sound level meters are the best when it comes to quality and accuracy. The process can be carried out in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek’s wide collection of sound level meters.
A sound level meter is composed of different types of technology. There is a preamplifier, a weighting network or filters, an amplifier, a microphone and a rectifier.
Microphone – It is the transducer or sensor of the device that converts the picked-up sound into an electrical signal.
Preamplifier – An electronic device that amplifies a very weak signal, from a microphone and transmits it to the main amplifier.
Weighting network or filters – It is used to distinguish among the different frequencies designated as A, B, C, D.
An A-weighting filter is commonly used to emphasize frequencies around 3-6 kHz where human ear is the most sensitive, while attenuating very high and very low frequencies to which the ear is sensitive. It is only valid for relatively quiet sounds and for pure tones.
A B-weighting filter is used for predicting the performance of loudspeakers and stereos, but not industrial noise.
A C-weighting filter scale is quite flat and therefore includes much more of the low-frequency range of sound than A and B.
Lastly, a D-weighting filter is used to assess loud noise such as aircraft noise.
- Amplifier – It is an electronic device that can increase the power of a signal. Its function is to take power from a power supply and to control the output to match the input signal shape, but with a larger amplitude.
- Rectifier – A device that converts alternating current into direct current by allowing a current to flow through it in one direction.
The technologies used in GAOTek’s sound level meters are constantly improved and advanced, making significant progress on increasing reliability, simplified operation procedure, improved measurement resolution and upgraded application function for software.
GAOTek sound level meters offer a lot of key features helpful in operating the device easily, for an accurate reading. A few key features of our products are listed below:
- Latest digital technology with a high-resolution color TFT display
- The on-off control is a toggle function. Pressing the on/off key turns the device on or off. If the hygrometer is left on with no activity for a period of time, the unit turns itself off to conserve battery.
- Ideal for environmental or occupational monitoring
- Single measurement range up to 130dB, no range adjustment required
- Simultaneous measurement of all parameters with frequency and time weights
- A low battery indicator is also included. A weak battery can cause imprecise measurements or improper operation. A low battery indicator is provided on the display to show that the battery needs to be recharged. It is required to charge the battery to make sure you get the best results with the device.
- Voice notes to annotate measurements
- Audio (WAV) recording
- Data markers, back erase function and audio recording
- A variable response time and a large memory to store data
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Offers 4 measurement parameters: Lp (sound level); Leq (Equivalent Continuous A Sound Level ); Lmax ( Maximum Sound Level) and LN (Percent of all readings over alarm value set )
In addition to all these features, our affordable products have a high precision, high resolution and quick sampling speed. With all kinds of torque testers manufactured by our company, you have a host of different options to choose from.
Sound level meters have a lot of applications in different industries. They help control noise exposure in a certain place to avoid loud noises that can destroy human hearing. Below are a few applications:
- Environmental Noise
- Industrial Noise
- Occupational Noise
- Construction Noise
- Airport Noise
- Rail Noise
- Motorsport Noise
- Mining Noise
- Traffic Noise
- Community Noise
- Wind Farm Noise
- Noise Ordinance Enforcement
Sound level meters are well suited for acoustic development in automotive, appliance, motorcycle, turbine, and speaker industries. They help to develop quieter products for a noise free and better work environment.
Showing all 18 results
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (4S Self-Calib)ID: GT00XR00ZU Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Accurate)ID: GT00XR00ZV Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Accurate, Type 2)ID: GT00XR00ZT Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wide Frequency Range (Light Weight)ID: GT00XR00ZS Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Bar Graph)ID: GT00XR00ZI Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Max/Min)ID: GT00XR00ZJ Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Single Range)ID: GT00XR00ZK Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Class 2, Auto Power Off)ID: GT00XR00ZL Call for Quote
Sound Level Calibrator with Large Storage (Autorange Selection)ID: GT00XR00ZY Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Std ANSI S1.4 TYPE2 (S/W Analysis)ID: GT00XR00ZN Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Noise Meter (High level Detector)ID: GT00XR00ZM Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with AC and DC Function (Auto Ranging)ID: GT00XR00ZO Call for Quote
Portable Digital Sound Level Meter (Max Hold,Blister Card)ID: GT00XR00ZX Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Datalogger (Real Time Clock Reader)ID: GT00XR00ZG Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Pressure Level (Exposure Level)ID: GT00XR00ZR Call for Quote
Sound Level Meter with Wild Measurement Range (Portable)ID: GT00XR00ZQ Call for Quote
Digital Multi-Function Sound Level Meter (Max Hold Value)ID: GT00XR00ZP Call for Quote
Digital Sound Level Meter ( Relative Humidity Meter)ID: GT00XR00ZZ Call for Quote