Surface Roughness Gauges
Surface roughness gauges are used for measuring the surface roughness of a material. GAOTek’s surface roughness gauges are reliable, high quality, and affordable instruments that provide an accurate measurement. They are an efficient and quick means for inspection or testing. They are compact, easy to carry and portable, allowing the user to work in complex conditions.
It is important to measure surface roughness in many industries, especially in industrial product manufacturing. There are a variety of ways to measure surface roughness. Companies follow different international industry standards such as ISO, DIN, ANSI and JIS. Surface texture finishing is done based on specifications depending on the roughness filter.
Our surface roughness gauges are used to precisely determine the surface texture and roughness of a material. Surface roughness gauges offer measurements of roughness depth (Rz) and mean roughness value (Ra) in micrometer or microns.
Roughness means the repeated, closely spaced irregularities and deviations that may be cutting tool marks or may be produced by the grit of a grinding tool. The characteristic structure or roughness of a surface can be attributed to the cause of the deviation and irregularities. Waviness consists of more widely spaced irregularities, which can produce vibrations. Measuring surface texture includes measuring roughness, waviness, lay, and flaws.
While selecting an instrument for measurement, the static characteristics of the measurement system must be considered. These are:
- Accuracy – Defined as the ability to respond to a true value of a measured variable under reference condition. It can also be explained as the closeness with which an instrument reading approaches the true value of the quantity being measured.
- Precision – Precision is measured by the reproducibility of measurements, for a given fixed value of a quantity or degree of exactness.
- Repeatability – When an instrument is subjected to a certain fixed, known input, and instrument readings noted consecutively by approaching the measurement from the same direction under the same operating conditions, it is called a repeatable process of measurement.
- Reproducibility – The degree of closeness which an instrument can repeatedly measure given the value of quantity or in the same operating conditions.
There are two ways to measure surface roughness - contact and non-contact.
- Contact – This is a very simple method and is very efficient for a 2D profile that offers the basic roughness and form measurement. The stylus ignores any film covering the metal components. The optical properties do not apply to the material being measured.
- Non-contact – This method does not require physical contact with the surface being measured. This allows for faster measurement speed. Instead of trace data, this method provides a 3D surface topography. It is possible to measure transparent materials such as glass or film. It is the ideal method for measurement in applications where the component being measured is either extremely hard or extremely soft.
GAOTek’s surface roughness gauges are reliable, accurate, and easy to use instruments. Their features include:
- Portability – They are suitable for working in complex conditions.
- Electromechanical integration design, small volume, light weight, easy to use
- Low battery indication
- Simplicity and ease of operation
- Backlight LCD – For reading in dim light conditions
- Auto calibration
- Optional Bluetooth function
- Optional different sensor, measuring platform.
- Measurement information display, menu prompt information, and switch machine.
- They can be connected to a computer and printer
- Automatic dormancy, automatic shutdown and power saving function
- Real-time clock settings and display, convenient data recording and storage.
- Continuous working time of more than 20 hours.
- Residual quantity icon, to prompt for charging the device.
- Compatible with ISO, DIN, ANSI, JIS national standards.
- Intuitive and rich display information can display all the parameters and graphics.
- DSP chip for high speed data processing and control
- Low power consumption
- Automatic shutdown function, low power design of software and hardware of the instrument that can support long working hours making it suitable for field use.
- Charging and communication using the common USB interface with a dedicated charger or computer USB port for convenient and quick charging.
- Liquid crystal display using OLED color display with high brightness
- Shape enhanced durability with anti-electromagnetic interference ability.
- Metric /Imperial Conversion.
- Memory to store seven groups of measurement results and measuring conditions for later use or for download to PC.
- Conforms to the essential health and safety requirements by the European Directives and also complied with ISO-4287, DIN4768, JIS B and ANS146.1 standards
It is important to measure surface roughness in applications such as, aerospace, automotive, medical devices, dental, electronics, energy, forensic, harsh environment measurements, metallurgy, metals, microelectronics, military, nuclear, optical, production process, manufacturing, packaging, plastics, and welding.
Showing all 13 results
Surface Roughness Gauge with Metric and Imperial ConversionID: GT00Y300ZW Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Gauge with Highly Inductance SensorID: GT00Y300ZV Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Gauge with Multiple Parameter MeasurementID: GT00Y300ZU Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Gauge with 4 Parameters (Inductance Sensor)ID: GT00Y300ZT Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Tester with data memory (National Std)ID: GT00Y300ZK Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Tester with Sampling Len (2 Way Charging)ID: GT00Y300ZN Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Tester with H Speed (Large Capacity)ID: GT00Y300ZI Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Tester with Wide Measuring RangeID: GT00Y300ZH Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Gauge with Four Standard (Auto Shutdown)ID: GT00Y300ZQ Call for Quote
High Speed Surface Roughness Tester (Data Storage)ID: GT00Y300ZF Call for Quote
Four Standard Surface Roughness Gauge (Inductance Sensor)ID: GT00Y300ZR Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Tester with Anti-Electromagnetic (Memory)ID: GT00Y300ZG Call for Quote
Surface Roughness Gauge With Data Record (Auto Shutdown)ID: GT00Y300ZX Call for Quote