Fiber Fusion Splicer with PAS Technology is a cost-effective high-precision FTTH fiber splicer, with a smart shape, reliable quality and is a specially designed for installation, operation and maintenance of fiber-optic network. This is a precise, durable and convenient optical fiber construction instrument that can be used in optical fiber line construction, testing, maintenance and other areas of optical communications.
- Meant for FTTH environment and also for ordinary fiber engineering.
- PAS (Profile Alignment Systems) precise core alignment to ensure low loss.
- 8 seconds welding, 30 seconds heat shrink.
- The X / Y axis is displayed separately or the X / Y axis is displayed at a magnification of 300/200 times.
- 5-inch digital high-definition LCD display, while observing the X-axis, Y-axis fiber.
- Triple clip, can be welded single core, leather line, pigtail.
- Built-in high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery.
- Small and light weight. weighing only 2.1kg with battery.
|Splicing Type||SM, MM, DS, NZDS|
|Splicing Mode||Manual, Half Auto, Auto|
|Fiber Alignment||Core to Core Alignment by PAS technology|
|Applicable Fiber||Cable indoor and 0.25mm,0.9mm fiber, SC connector(option)|
|Fiber Image/ Magnification||300/200 times|
|View Display||5 inch digital high-quality LCD screen|
|Tension Test||Standard 2N (option)|
|Heat Shrinkable Sleeve||60mm, 40mm and serials heat Shrinkable Sleeve|
|Battery Capacity||Built in lithium battery 5200mAh 11.1V.200 cycles splicing and heating, 3 hours charging time
( splicing and charging at same time)
|Battery Life||Cycling charge 300-500 times, easy to replace battery|
|Electrodes Life||3000, easy to replace electrodes|
|Interface||USB Convenient data download and software update|
|Construction Lighting||Built in high brightness, wide range of lights, easy to
operate at night
|Power supply||Built in lithium battery 5200mAh 11.1V. external adapter, input: AC100-240V, output: DC13.5V/4.5A|
|Operating Condition||0-5000m above sea level, Temperature: -10-60℃, Humidity: 0～95%RH (No dew).|
|Weight (including battery)||2.10 KG (including battery)|
How to Use
- How to Use
Fusion splicer is designed to splice many types of fiber by using core diameter aiming rationale. Operation is simple, fusion speed is high and fusion loss is small.
Fusion Splicer uses 2 in 1 power module design. The Fusion Splicer can either work independently on the polymer lithium ion battery or use an AC adapter for power supply.When working on AC supply, the polymer lithium ion battery is charged simultaneously. The lithium battery used must be the model specified by the Company.
- Verify that the machine is plugged in or have enough charge left on battery. Then press and hold the key until the machine is booted.
- In the standby mode, press to enter “Splice Menu” menu. Move the cursor to [Operation Options]. Press to enter. Set [Auto Start], [pause 1], [pause 2] respectively as “ON”, “OFF”, “OFF”.
- Discharge Calibration – Discharge calibration is needed because changing atmospheric conditions such as temperature and pressure, and lack of machine service for long periods creates variability in the arc temperature and position.
Step of Discharge Calibration: In the [Ready] mode, press to enter “Splice Menu” menu. Then prepare and place fiber according to the method described in fiber preparation. Close the wind protector. Press to enter [Arc Calibration]. Discharge calibration starts automatically. The user is recommended to repeatedly prepare and place fiber in discharge calibration interface, until the “Step II of discharge calibration is completed” message is displayed for three times.
Note: Discharge calibration is needed only when arc power fluctuates strongly. It is not necessary upon boot up every time. After discharge calibration is completed, the machine will adjust the arc discharge current according to the Calibration results to ensure fusion quality.
2. Fiber preparation
- Put the tube over one end of the fiber.
- Use fiber stripping pliers to strip fiber coating layer, the length of which is 30-40 mm. Use gauze dipping with alcohol or wadding to wrap the fiber, and then clean the bare part.
- Use a fiber cleaver to cut the fiber. Bare fiber length is 16 mm around.
- Put the finished fiber in the Fusion Splicer. Cross-section of fiber should not touch other things.
3. Cover the wind protector, then the fiber fusion automatically starts and the splicing loss is displayed.
4. Reinforce the fusion point.
- Transfer fiber with protection sleeve from V-grooves to tube heater.
- Make sure the splice point is located at the center of the protection sleeve. Put the tube at the center of the heater.
- Press to start tube heating. The buzzer beeps and the HEAT LED turn off when tube heating is completed.
- Remove the tube from the heater when the heater is cool. The whole process of Fusion Operation is completed.
5. Repeat Step 2, 3 and 4 to continue splicing.