GAOTek Optical Light Source with Power Meter (Two Wavelengths) provides a modulated output which is used in determining the amount of loss in an optical fiber cable. This device provides a two wavelength option consisting of 1310/1550 nm wavelength.
- Provides two wavelength output: 1310, 1550nm
- CW: 0HZ modulation output at 650nm, and CW: 270Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz modulation output at other wavelengths
- High stability output
- FC/SC/ST general-purpose interface
- Battery serving time is 60hours
- Large LCD
- LCD backlight
- Auto-off function (15min)
|Modulation Frequencies||CW / 2Hz(650)/ 270Hz,1KHz,2KHz|
|Fiber Type||SM, MM|
|Operating Temperature||14°F to 140°F (-10℃ to 60℃)|
|Storage Temperature||-13°F to 158°F (-25℃ to 70℃)|
|Automatic Shutdown Time(min)||15|
|Battery Serving Time(h)||60|
|Overall Dimension||7.28 in x 4.13 in x 1.96 in (185 mm × 105 mm × 50 mm)|
|Power supply||9V Battery, AC Adapter|
- Press power button to start-up and shutdown
- Auto-off function: The unit will turn off after 15mins if non-operation
- The backlight turns on when any key is pressed, it times out after 30 seconds of inactivity.
- Wave key is used for selecting the wavelength
- Mode key is used for modulation control output
Handling instruction optical light source
After press power key to start the meter, the following information will be shown on LCD:
1)If the meter is supplied by battery, the icon at the left bottom will be ON. The reduction of the electric amount of the battery will decrease the battery consumption.
(2)When connect with AC adapter, an icon will be lightened at the middle of screen, at the same time, the electric amount icon is ON as well.
(3)At the left lower position, it is an icon. After start, the Auto-off function is activated simultaneously and the icon is lightened as well, but if there is no operation, the meter will be shut down 15mins later.
(4)At the middle display-area of screen, the value of wavelength will be displayed, the unit is nm.
(5)At right upper display-area of screen, shows reference frequency value, the unit is Hz
- Connect the tested bridle wire to light source and power meter as shown in the following fig:
- Turn on the light source to enter working mode and press the wave key select wavelength to be tested.
- Press the mode key , choose the 0Hz,270Hz,1KHz or 2KHz light output.
4. Turn on the fiber power meter and select specified wavelength. 5. Press the power key to turn the tester off.