The Oil and Gas Extraction industry encompasses the processes of locating, drilling, extracting, and processing crude oil and natural gas reserves from the Earth’s subsurface. Vital for energy and diverse applications, the sector includes exploration, production, refining, and transportation of these resources. Identified through geological surveys, extracted oil and gas are refined into products like gasoline and petrochemicals after transportation, impacting economies, geopolitics, and the environment. Despite its economic significance, the industry faces challenges tied to sustainability and climate change, prompting a shift toward cleaner energy alternatives.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s anemometers are sometimes referred to as anemometers, wind gauges, wind speed meters, wind velocity sensors, air flow indicators, wind measuring instruments, aerometers, wind anemoscopes, breeze detectors, zephyrometers, gale gauges.
GAO Tek’s anemometers have the following applications in oil and gas extraction industry:
- Safety Monitoring: Anemometers are used to monitor wind speeds in real-time during drilling, production, and construction activities, ensuring safe working conditions and preventing accidents caused by high winds.
- Ventilation Optimization: Anemometers help determine the effectiveness of ventilation systems in refineries, offshore platforms, and other facilities, ensuring adequate air exchange to maintain air quality and minimize potential health risks.
- Equipment Stability Assessment: By measuring wind forces, anemometers assist in assessing the impact of wind on equipment stability, enabling proactive measures to prevent damage or failure.
- Work Suspension Decision-Making: Anemometers provide data that aid in deciding whether to halt operations due to excessive wind speeds, preventing potential hazards to personnel and equipment.
- Environmental Monitoring: Anemometers are used to gather wind data for environmental impact assessments and compliance with regulations related to emissions and pollution control.
- Combustion Efficiency: In combustion processes for energy generation, anemometers help measure air flow rates, contributing to the optimization of fuel consumption efficiency and reducing emissions.
- Pipeline Integrity: Anemometers play a role in assessing wind-induced stresses on pipelines and other infrastructure, aiding in the maintenance of pipeline integrity.
- Weather Forecasting: Wind data collected by anemometers contribute to local weather forecasting, enhancing operational planning and risk management.
- Offshore Operations: Anemometers are crucial for offshore oil and gas operations, where wind conditions can impact vessel and platform stability, as well as the safety of transfer operations.
- Fire Prevention: Anemometers assist in assessing wind conditions that could affect the spread of fires in oil and gas facilities, aiding in fire prevention and emergency response planning.
- Environmental Impact Studies: Wind data collected from anemometers are used in environmental impact assessments to evaluate potential effects of oil and gas operations on local ecosystems and air quality.
- Regulatory Compliance: Anemometers help oil and gas companies comply with safety and environmental regulations by providing accurate wind speed measurements for risk assessment and reporting.
- Aircraft Operations: In regions with helipads on offshore platforms, anemometers provide critical wind data for safe helicopter takeoffs and landings.
- Rigging and Lifting Operations: Anemometers assist in assessing wind conditions during rigging and lifting operations, ensuring safe and controlled movements of heavy equipment.
- Data for Research and Analysis: Anemometer-collected wind data is valuable for research, analysis, and optimizing various aspects of oil and gas operations, leading to improved efficiency and safety.
More information on anemometers and their applications in other industries can be found on this page
This category page lists related products
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying With Oil And Gas Extraction Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s anemometers comply or help our customers comply with the oil and gas extraction industry standards such as
- ISO 7726:2001
- API RP 14E
- API RP 500
- API RP 505
- API RP 520
- IEC 60947-3
- IEC 60079-0
- IEC 60079-11
- ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU)
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.272
- NFPA 30
Complying With Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s anemometers comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.272
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.38
- EPA Regulations
- BSEE Regulations
- FERC Regulations
GAO Tek’s anemometers comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR)
- Canada Oil and Gas Drilling and Production Regulations
- Canada Labour Code – Part II
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA)
- National Energy Board (NEB) Regulations
- Transport Canada Regulations
- Provincial Regulations
GAO Tek’s anemometers comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- Ministry of Energy (Secretaría de Energía, SENER)
- National Hydrocarbons Commission (Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos, CNH)
- Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social, STPS)
- Federal Environmental Protection Agency (Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Ambiente, PROFEPA)
- Mexican Institute of Petroleum (Instituto Mexicano del Petróleo, IMP)
- National Agency for Industrial Safety and Environmental Protection in the Hydrocarbon Sector (Agencia Nacional de Seguridad Industrial y de Protección al Medio Ambiente del Sector Hidrocarburos, ASEA)
GAO Tek’s anemometers comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- European Environment Agency (EEA)
- European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
- European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- European Commission’s Directorate-General for Energy (DG Energy)
- European Union Agency for Railways (ERA)
- National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs)
Case Studies of Anemometers in Oil And Gas Extraction Industry
Anemometers are sometimes called as anemometers, wind gauges, wind speed meters, wind velocity sensors, air flow indicators, wind measuring instruments, aerometers, wind anemoscopes, breeze detectors, zephyrometers, gale gauges.
Here are some practical examples of using anemometers in oil and gas extraction industry:
Anemometers are strategically placed on offshore drilling platforms along the Atlantic coastline to continuously monitor wind speeds and directions. This data helps ensure safe drilling and production operations by providing real-time information for decision-making during adverse weather conditions, preventing potential risks to personnel and equipment.
Anemometers are used to assess wind conditions for helicopter takeoffs and landings on remote offshore platforms in the Gulf of Maine. Accurate wind speed measurements aid in determining safe operating windows, minimizing risks during essential transportation and personnel transfer operations.
Anemometers are deployed at drilling sites within the Marcellus Shale Gas Field to monitor wind speeds. This data is crucial for evaluating potential equipment stability issues caused by high winds, ensuring safe drilling operations and reducing the risk of accidents or equipment damage.
Anemometers are employed in the Bakken Formation to assess wind effects on equipment stability during drilling activities. By continuously measuring wind speeds, operators can take precautionary measures to secure equipment, prevent accidents, and maintain operational efficiency.
Anemometers are used in refineries located around the Great Lakes to optimize ventilation systems. Monitoring wind patterns helps regulate airflow, enhance indoor air quality, and ensure the safety of workers by preventing the buildup of hazardous gases.
Anemometers are installed on offshore platforms along the California coast to monitor wind conditions. Continuous wind speed data informs safety measures, ensuring stable equipment operation and preventing potential hazards caused by high winds.
Anemometers play a crucial role in assessing wind speeds for rigging and lifting operations in the Rocky Mountains. Accurate wind data allows operators to make informed decisions, preventing accidents during heavy equipment movements.
Anemometers are utilized in natural gas processing plants in the western U.S. to measure wind speed for combustion processes. Optimizing air intake based on wind conditions enhances combustion efficiency, reducing energy waste and emissions.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware|RFID Systems, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in oil and gas extraction industry.
Use of Anemometers With Leading Software And Cloud Services in Oil And Gas Extraction Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s anemometers with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- SafetyWind Pro
- EquipStable Monitor
- EmergenWind Planner
- WindVis Pro
- AssetWind Manager
- WindLoad Analyzer
- WindImpact Master
- CombustEffi Analyst
- EquipStress Pro
- EvacuWind Simulator
- WeatherRisk Mitigate
- EnviroImpact Analyst
- AssetLife Analyzer
- StatWind Insights
- CloudWind DataHub
- RealMonitor Cloud
- EnviroComply Cloud
- SafetyCloud Manager
- RemoteControl Cloud
- EmergResponse Cloud
- ReguReport Cloud
- WindShare Cloud
- AssetManage Cloud
- WeatherFore Cloud
GAO Tek’s anemometers and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in oil and gas extraction industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- IBM Global Services
- CGI Group Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- DXC Technology
- Wipro Limited
- Tech Mahindra
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- Grant Thornton
- Slalom Consulting
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Hitachi Consulting
- BDO USA LLP
- KIO Networks
- Grupo Tecno
- GENTERA S.A.B. de C.V.
- NTT DATA
- Sopra Steria
- HCL Technologies
GAO Has Many Customers in Oil And Gas Extraction Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in oil and gas extraction industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in oil and gas extraction industry.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in anemometers:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Chevron Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- EQT Corporation
- Range Resources Corporation
- National Fuel Gas Company
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- BP America
- Enbridge Inc.
- Husky Energy Inc.
- Kinder Morgan, Inc.
- Enerplus Corporation
- MEG Energy Corp.
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Cenovus Energy Inc.