The oil and gas industry is a global sector encompassing the exploration, extraction, refining, transportation, and distribution of petroleum products, which include crude oil and natural gas. These resources are essential to modern economies and are used as fuels for various applications, as well as feedstocks for the petrochemical industry, which produces a wide range of products including plastics, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s gas analyzers are sometimes referred to as gas detectors, gas monitoring systems, gas composition analyzers, emission analyzers, gas chromatographs, gas spectrometers, gas sensing devices, gas concentration analyzers, gas inspection equipment, gas measurement instruments, gas quality analyzers, gas detection and analysis systems, gas content analyzers.
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers have the following applications in oil and gas industry:
- Emissions Monitoring: GAO’s gas analyzers are used to measure and monitor emissions of pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon dioxide (CO2), volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and particulate matter. This helps companies adhere to environmental regulations and minimize their impact on air quality.
- Process Control and Optimization: Our gas analyzers are integrated into different stages of oil and gas processes to monitor gas compositions. This data helps operators adjust process parameters in real-time, ensuring efficient operations, product quality, and energy savings.
- Flare Gas Monitoring: GAO Tek’s gas analyzers are used to monitor the composition of gases being flared from industrial processes. Accurate monitoring ensures efficient combustion, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and prevents the release of harmful pollutants.
- Safety Monitoring: In hazardous environments like refineries and drilling sites, gas analyzers detect the presence of potentially dangerous gases, such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and methane (CH4). This early detection helps safeguard workers’ health and prevent accidents.
- Pipeline Monitoring: Our gas analyzers are employed along pipelines to monitor the composition of transported gases. Changes in gas composition can indicate leaks, allowing for swift responses to prevent environmental damage and ensure safety.
- Quality Control of Natural Gas: GAO Tek’s gas analyzers assess the composition of natural gas, ensuring it meets specifications for commercial and industrial use. They detect impurities and contaminants that could affect combustion efficiency and product quality.
- Refinery Processes: GAO’s gas analyzers assist in controlling and optimizing various refinery processes, such as catalytic cracking and reforming. Accurate gas analysis ensures the desired reaction outcomes and product quality.
More information on gas analyzers and their applications in other industries can be found on this page.
This category page lists related products.
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying With Oil And Gas Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the oil and gas industry standards such as:
- ISO 10723
- ASTM D6522
- EN 14181
- API 14.1
- EPA Methods
- IEC 60079 Series
Complying With Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as:
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Administration (PHMSA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as:
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA)
- National Energy Board (NEB) Regulations
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA 2012)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as:
- General Law of Ecological Equilibrium and Environmental Protection (LGEEPA)
- Hydrocarbons Law
- National Emission Inventory (Inventario Nacional de Emisiones, INE):
- Mexican Official Standards (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas, NOMs):
- Mexican Petroleum Law and Regulations
- Mexican Environmental Authorities
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as:
- European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)
- Industrial Emissions Directive (IED)
- ATEX Directives
- SEVESO III Directive
- EMAS Regulation
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
Case Studies of Gas Analyzers in Oil And Gas Industry
Gas analyzers are sometimes called as gas detectors, gas monitoring systems, gas composition analyzers, emission analyzers, gas chromatographs, gas spectrometers, gas sensing devices, gas concentration analyzers, gas inspection equipment, gas measurement instruments, gas quality analyzers, gas detection and analysis systems, gas content analyzers.
Here are some practical examples of using gas analyzers in oil and gas industry:
Yokogawa’s TDLS8000 Tunable Diode Laser Spectrometer Reduces Flaring And Emissions at Gas Processing Plant: This case study describes how Yokogawa’s TDLS8000 Tunable Diode Laser Spectrometer was installed at a gas processing plant in North Dakota to measure the hydrogen sulphide concentration in the acid gas stream. The analyzers helped the plant reduce its flaring and emissions, increase its recovery of natural gas liquids, and comply with the state regulations.
Siemens’ SITRANS SL In-situ Laser Gas Analyzer Optimizes Combustion Efficiency And Emissions Control at Refinery: This case study explains how Siemens’ SITRANS SL In-situ Laser Gas Analyzer was installed at a refinery in Illinois to measure the oxygen concentration in the flue gas from a fluid catalytic cracking unit. The analyzers helped the refinery optimize its combustion efficiency and emissions control, reduce its fuel consumption and operating costs, and extend its catalyst life.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Antaris II FT-NIR Analyzer Improves Quality And Safety of Ethanol Production: This case study illustrates how Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Antaris II FT-NIR Analyzer was installed at an ethanol plant in Iowa to measure the moisture, ethanol, methanol, and acetic acid content in the distillation process. The analyzers helped the plant improve its quality and safety of ethanol production, reduce its laboratory testing time and costs, and increase its profitability.
AMETEK’s Western Research Model 900 Air Demand Analyzer Increases Reliability And Safety of Sulphur Recovery Unit]: This case study describes how AMETEK’s Western Research Model 900 Air Demand Analyzer was installed at a sulphur recovery unit in Texas to measure the sulphur dioxide concentration in the tail gas. The analyzers helped the unit increase its reliability and safety, reduce its maintenance costs and downtime, and comply with environmental regulations.
GE’s Aurora Biogas Analyzer Enhances Performance And Profitability of Biogas Plant: This case study illustrates how GE’s Aurora Biogas Analyzer was installed at a biogas plant in Florida to measure the methane, carbon dioxide, oxygen, and hydrogen sulphide concentrations in the biogas produced from anaerobic digestion of organic waste. The analyzers helped the plant enhance its performance and profitability, increase its biogas yield and quality, and prevent corrosion and fouling.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in oil and gas industry
Use of Gas Analyzers With Leading Software And Cloud Services in Oil And Gas Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s gas analyzers with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- SCADA Software
- Data Acquisition Software
- Emissions Monitoring Software
- ABB Ability™ Symphony® Plus
- Emerson DeltaV™ Analyze
- Siemens SIMATIC PCS 7
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- IBM Watson IoT Platform
- Siemens MindSphere
GAO Tek’s gas analyzers and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in the U.S. and Canada. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in oil and gas industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- SAP Canada
- BDO Canada
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
GAO Has Many Customers in Oil And Gas Industry
The gas analyzers from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in oil and gas industry
by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s gas analyzers in oil and gas industry.
Here are some GAO’s customers in oil and gas industry:
- Phillips 66
- PBF Energy
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- UGI Corporation
- UGI Energy Services
- UGI Utilities
- Occidental Petroleum (Oxy)
- Devon Energy
- EQT Corporation
- Suncor Energy
- Imperial Oil
- Pemex (Petroleos Mexicanos)
- Pemex Exploración y Producción (PEP)
- Royal Dutch Shell
- BP (British Petroleum)