The medical and healthcare industry is a vast and critical sector dedicated to the maintenance and improvement of human health. It encompasses a wide range of services, professionals, facilities, technologies, and organizations with the primary goal of diagnosing, treating, preventing, and managing illnesses and health conditions.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s Infrared Thermometers & Cameras are sometimes referred to as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
GAO Tek’s Infrared thermometers & cameras have the following applications in medical and healthcare industry:
- Fever Screening: GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers are used for quick and non-contact fever screening in hospitals, clinics, airports, and other public places. They can help identify individuals with elevated body temperatures, which may be an early sign of illness.
- Patient Monitoring: Our infrared thermometers are used to monitor the body temperature of patients, especially in situations where continuous monitoring is required, such as in intensive care units (ICUs) or during surgery.
- Pediatrics: GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers are particularly useful for taking the temperature of infants and young children who may not tolerate traditional oral or ear thermometers.
- Infection Control: In healthcare settings, our infrared thermometers can help in infection control by minimizing physical contact between healthcare workers and patients, reducing the risk of disease transmission.
- Research: Our infrared thermometers are used in medical research for various purposes, including studying the thermoregulation of the human body and investigating the effects of temperature on different physiological processes.
- Thermographic Imaging: GAO Tek’s infrared cameras capture thermal images of the human body. These images can reveal temperature variations on the skin’s surface, which can be indicative of underlying health conditions, such as inflammation or circulatory issues.
- Breast Health Screening: Our infrared cameras can assist in breast health screening by detecting changes in breast temperature that may indicate the presence of abnormal tissue or tumors. This is often used as an adjunct to mammography.
- Wound Assessment: GAO Tek’s infrared cameras can help healthcare professionals assess wounds by visualizing temperature differences around the wound site. Elevated temperatures may indicate infection or poor healing.
- Burn Assessment: Our infrared cameras are used to assess the extent and severity of burns by measuring the temperature of burn wounds and surrounding tissues.
- Dental Applications: GAO Tek’s infrared cameras can be used in dentistry to detect oral health issues, such as periodontal disease and infections, by assessing temperature variations in the oral cavity.
- Podiatry: GAO Tek’s infrared cameras are used in podiatry to identify issues related to blood circulation, such as diabetic foot complications, by examining the thermal patterns of the feet.
More information on Infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries can be found on this page.
This category page lists related products.
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Medical and Healthcare Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s medical and healthcare industry comply or help our customers comply with the medical and healthcare industry standards such as:
- ISO 19650.
- ASTM E1965.
- ISO 80601-2-56:2017.
- IEC 62471.
- IEC 60950.
- FDA Regulations.
- ISO 14155.
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as:
- FDA Regulations for Medical Devices.
- FCC Regulations.
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) Regulations.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Regulations.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Guidelines.
- State Regulations.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as:
- Health Canada Regulations for Medical Devices.
- Health Canada Guidance Documents.
- CSA Group (Canadian Standards Association).
- Radiocommunication Act and Industry Canada Regulations.
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act).
- Provincial and Territorial Regulations.
- PHAC (Public Health Agency of Canada) Guidelines.
- Provincial Health Authorities.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as:
- COFEPRIS (Comisión Federal para la Protección contra Riesgos Sanitarios) Regulations.
- NOM (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas) Standards:
- ISO 13485 Certification.
- Federal Consumer Protection Agency (Profeco) Regulations.
- Privacy Laws.
- State and Local Regulations.
- Ministry of Health (Secretaría de Salud) Guidelines.
- National Center for Health Technology Excellence (CENETEC).
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as:
- MDR (Medical Devices Regulation).
- IVDR (In Vitro Diagnostic Devices Regulation).
- CE Marking (Conformité Européenne).
- Notified Bodies.
- National Competent Authorities.
- ISO Standards.
- Eudamed (European Database on Medical Devices).
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- European Medicines Agency (EMA):
- National Regulations.
Case Studies of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras in Medical and Healthcare Industry
Infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes called as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
Here are some practical examples of using infrared thermometers & cameras in medical and healthcare industry:
Infrared thermometers and cameras are used in hospitals in the Northeast Region and elsewhere to screen patients and visitors for elevated body temperatures, which can be an early sign of illness, including infectious diseases like COVID-19. Case studies may highlight how these devices help with infection control and early detection.
Infrared thermometers are used in nursing homes and long-term care facilities in the Northeast to monitor the body temperature of residents and quickly identify potential signs of illness or infection.
Infrared cameras are employed in medical centers to conduct thermographic breast examinations, which can help identify abnormal temperature patterns that may be indicative of breast health issues.
Infrared cameras are used to assess the temperature of wounds and surrounding tissues in healthcare settings. Case studies might focus on how this technology aids in wound healing and infection control.
Infrared cameras can be used in dentistry for detecting oral health issues, including periodontal disease and infections, by assessing temperature variations in the oral cavity.
Infrared thermometers and cameras are valuable tools in medical research and education. Case studies may showcase their use in research studies or medical training programs in the Midwest Region.
Infrared cameras can be used to visualize blood flow patterns and detect vascular abnormalities, such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT), in patients in the South’s healthcare facilities.
Infrared cameras assist in assessing the extent and severity of burns by measuring the temperature of burn wounds and surrounding tissues. Case studies could highlight their use in burn units.
Infrared cameras may be used in dentistry to detect oral health issues, including periodontal disease, by assessing temperature variations in the oral cavity.
Infrared thermography may be used in orthopedic and sports medicine for assessing musculoskeletal injuries and monitoring rehabilitation progress.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in medical and healthcare industry.
Use of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Medical and Healthcare Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s infrared thermometers & cameras with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include
- FLIR Research Studio.
- HPE GreenLake.
- Therm-App SDK.
- Philips HealthSuite.
- Epic Systems’ EpicCare.
- Cerner PowerChart
- McKesson InterQual.
- Zynx Health.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Microsoft Azure.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Watson IoT.
- GE Healthcare Edison.
- TIBCO Cloud.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page.
Meeting Customer’s Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in medical and healthcare industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- Cerner Corporation.
- Epic Systems.
- McKesson Corporation.
- PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers).
- IBM Global Business Services.
- Bain & Company.
- BCG (Boston Consulting Group).
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- HCL Technologies.
- DXC Technology.
- Siemens Healthineers Canada.
- Mitel Canada.
- Philips (Netherlands).
GAO Has Many Customers in Medical and Healthcare Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in medical and healthcare industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s infrared thermometers & cameras in medical and healthcare industry.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in medical and healthcare industry:
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
- Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Yale New Haven Health System.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Mayo Clinic.
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Eli Lilly and Company.
- Emory Healthcare.
- Teladoc Health.
- Apotex Inc.
- AstraZeneca Canada.
- Bayshore HealthCare.
- Abbott Laboratories (Canada).
- Saint Elizabeth Health Care.