The Building and Construction Industry encompasses the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of structures, including residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure projects. It involves architectural and engineering design, material utilization, construction methods, project management, sustainability practices, and real estate development. The industry builds essential infrastructure, manages urbanization challenges, and contributes to economic growth by creating jobs and impacting related sectors. With a focus on safety, technology, and environmental considerations, this dynamic industry shapes the built environment, reflecting societal needs and advancements.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes referred to as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras locators have the following applications in building and construction industry
- Temperature Monitoring: Infrared thermometers are used to measure surface temperatures quickly and accurately. In construction, this is essential for detecting hotspots in electrical systems, identifying heat leaks, and assessing the performance of HVAC systems.
- Moisture Detection: Infrared cameras can identify areas with moisture or water infiltration in buildings. This is crucial for preventing mold growth, rot, and structural damage caused by water penetration.
- Energy Efficiency: Infrared imaging can be used to identify thermal leaks in building envelopes (walls, windows, roofs), allowing construction professionals to improve insulation and reduce energy consumption. This is especially important for sustainability and energy-efficient building design.
- Electrical Inspections: Infrared cameras can detect overheating electrical components such as circuit breakers, fuses, and wires. This helps prevent electrical fires and ensures the safe operation of electrical systems in buildings.
- Concrete and Building Material Testing: Infrared thermometers can assess the curing process of concrete, ensuring it reaches the required strength and durability. They can also identify voids or delamination’s in concrete structures.
- Roof Inspections: Infrared cameras are used for roof inspections to locate areas of trapped moisture, which can be indicative of roof leaks or poor insulation. This can extend the lifespan of roofing systems.
- HVAC Systems Inspection: Infrared thermography is valuable for assessing the efficiency of HVAC systems by identifying temperature irregularities in ductwork, vents, and radiators. It helps optimize heating and cooling systems for comfort and energy savings.
- Fire Safety: Infrared thermometers and cameras can be used to monitor fire-resistant materials and detect hotspots in fire protection systems, ensuring buildings meet safety standards.
- Structural Inspections: Infrared cameras can identify irregularities in the structure of buildings, including areas with hidden defects, such as voids, cracks, or weak points in concrete, steel, or wood.
- Security and Surveillance: Infrared cameras are also employed for security purposes in construction sites, helping monitor activities at night and in low-light conditions.
- Preventive Maintenance: Regular infrared inspections can be part of a proactive maintenance strategy, helping identify issues before they become critical and costly to fix.
- Quality Control: Infrared technology can be used to check the quality of insulation installations, ensuring that they meet the desired thermal performance standards.
As-Built Documentation: Infrared imaging can be used to create as-built documentation, providing a record of the building’s thermal characteristics for future reference
More information on infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries can be found on this page
This category page lists related products
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Building and Construction Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our customers comply with the building and construction industry standards such as
- IEC 61557-9
- ASTM E1934-99
- ASTM E1862
- ASTM E1952
- ASTM C1153
- ASTM C1060
- ASHRAE 131-2017
- NFPA 70E
- NFPA 70B
- ISO 6781-1
- ISO 6781-2
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- OSHA Guidelines
- NFPA 70E
- ASHRAE Standards
- ASTM Standards
- Energy Codes (e.g., IECC, ASHRAE 90.1)
- Manufacturer Guidelines
- Local Building Codes
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations for drones
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standards
- Provincial Building Codes
- Workplace Safety Regulations
- Environmental Regulations
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) Regulations (in applicable provinces)
- Energy Efficiency Programs (in applicable provinces)
- Transport Canada Regulations for UAS (for drones)
- Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Standards
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- Norma Oficial Mexicana (NOM) Standards
- Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) Regulations
- Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes (SCT) Regulations
- Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) Regulations
- Instituto Nacional de Ecología y Cambio Climático (INECC) Regulations
- Municipal Building Codes (varies by municipality)
- Mexican Association of Infrared Thermographers (AMITI) Guidelines
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- EU Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
- EN Standards (European Norms)
- CE Marking
- European Safety Agency (EASA) Regulations
- National Building Codes (varies by country)
- Occupational Safety and Health Regulations
- Environmental Regulations
- European Standardization Organizations (e.g., CEN and CENELEC) Standards
Case Studies of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras in Building and Construction Industry
Infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes called as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.Here are some practical examples of using infrared thermometers & cameras in building and construction industry: This case study examines how infrared thermography was used to assess the thermal performance of historic buildings in Philadelphia, with a focus on identifying heat leaks and recommending energy-efficient upgrades. This study compares the effectiveness of different infrared cameras in detecting moisture infiltration in the roofs of commercial high-rise buildings in New York City.This case study evaluates the cost-effectiveness of using infrared thermometers to optimize HVAC systems in university buildings across the Northeast, considering energy savings and maintenance costs.This case study explores how infrared thermography is employed in Midwest manufacturing facilities to predict equipment failures, reduce downtime, and optimize maintenance schedules.This study investigates how infrared cameras were used to assess the building envelope of warehouses in the Midwest, leading to energy-efficient upgrades and reduced heating costs.This case study focuses on the use of infrared cameras to identify moisture issues in grain silos in the Midwest, preventing spoilage and ensuring grain quality.This study investigates how infrared thermography is used as part of hurricane preparedness efforts to assess the integrity of roofs in South Florida residential communities.This case study explores how infrared cameras were used to diagnose HVAC system performance issues in office buildings across the Southern U.S., leading to energy-efficient upgrades.This study examines how infrared cameras are employed to detect moisture intrusion in construction projects along the coastal areas of Texas, helping prevent mold growth and structural deterioration.This case study focuses on the use of thermal imaging and infrared cameras to assess wildfire vulnerability in residential areas in California, helping residents and authorities prepare for wildfires.This study evaluates the use of infrared cameras to assess the performance and efficiency of solar panels in solar farms across the Western United States.This case study investigates how thermal imaging and infrared technology are utilized to detect and address building envelope issues in high-rise structures in Seattle, Washington.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in building and construction industry.
Use of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Building and Construction Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s infrared thermometers & cameras with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- Electrical System Management Software
- Safety Compliance Software
- Asset Management Software
- Fault Analysis Software
- Predictive Maintenance Software
- Safety Audit Software
- Cloud-Based Monitoring Platform
- Remote Configuration Service
- Collaboration and Reporting Platform
- Data Analytics Platform
- Fault Detection Cloud Service
- Predictive Analytics Cloud Service
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries are listed on this page
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consultin g firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in building and construction industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- IBM Global Services
- CGI Group Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- DXC Technology
- Wipro Limited
- Tech Mahindra
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- Grant Thornton
- Slalom Consulting
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Hitachi Consulting
- BDO USA LLP
- KIO Networks
- Grupo Tecno
- GENTERA S.A.B. de C.V.
- NTT DATA
- Sopra Steria
- HCL Technologies
GAO Has Many Customers in Building and Construction Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used building and construction industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in building in building and construction industry.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in building and construction industry:
- Turner Construction Company
- Skanska USA
- Gilbane Building Company
- The Walsh Group
- Barton Malow Company
- JE Dunn Construction
- Brasfield & Gorrie
- Webcor Builders
- PCL Constructors
- Vinci SA
- Bouygues Construction
- Skanska AB
- Ferrovial SA
- Hochtief AG