Hygrometers are the devices that are useful in detecting moisture content of the atmosphere. These are important tools that allows users to make sure that the atmosphere of certain places does not have high or very low humidity. Both high and low humidity has adverse effect on human health. High humidity at certain places allows moulds to grow and damage the place while low humidity can cause wooden furniture to be wrapped and even ruined. Moulds can trigger different health problems, including allergic reactions and respiratory disorder.
GAOTek’s advanced hygrometers are high-quality, feature rich and precise devices in terms of measuring humidity. We have a large collection of hygrometers that can help you to measure the moisture content of the atmosphere with the simplest operation. As these devices are accurate and reliable you will be completely satisfied by using our product. These devices are perfect in terms of quality and accurate reading. The processes can be done in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek’s various types of manometers.
There are two types of hygrometers: wet and dry bulb psychrometer and a mechanical hygrometer. Moreover, there are other hygrometers available that are: electronic and chilled-mirror dew point hygrometer.
- Wet and Dry Bulb Psychrometer – It is one of the easiest way to measure humidity. These devices consist of two mercury thermometers, where one has wet bulb and other has dry bulb. The temperature will drop and will read a lower temperature than what is displayed on the dry bulb when the water on the wet bulb evaporates. The amount of relative humidity in the atmosphere is calculated by the difference in two temperature readings.
- Mechanical Hygrometer – This type of devices involves a little more effort for determining the humidity level. It uses an organic material (usually a human hair) that can expand and contracts because of the surrounding humidity. The organic material is attached with a slight tension by a spring, that is connected to a needle gauge which can indicate the level of humidity based on how the hair has moved.
- Electronic Hygrometer – Electronic Hygrometer can identify the difference in electrostatic resistance of a sensor by absorbing moisture. The electrical capacitive hygrometer uses a dielectric material which is made up of a high polymer membrane, as a sensor.
- Chilled-Mirror Dew Point Hygrometer – Chilled-mirror dew point hygrometers comprises of a sensor unit with a mirror that is used as an indicator to output the measurement results, and a pump to draw sample air into the sensor unit. The sample flow can be adjusted using the pump, and a filter should be installed in a case where the sample air has a high contaminant content.
- On-Off Operation:The on-off control is a toggle function. Pressing the on/off key will turn the device on or off. If the hygrometer is left on with no activity for a certain period, the device will turn itself off to conserve the battery.
- Display Backlight:This feature is useful in the dark or poor lighting conditions. Units must be switched off before activating this feature.
- Low Battery Indicator: A weak battery can cause improper functioning or inaccurate results so a low battery indicator is provided on the display to show that the battery needs to be recharged. It is recommended to charge the battery for high accuracy results.
- Data Log: The data log in the hygrometer can store a large amount of records. It allows the user to store up to 16000 records which can be reviewed later or recorded. The readings are stored in non-volatile memory so that data can be retained if unit is shut off.
- Humidity Range: Humidity range can go up to 0-100% RH
- Accuracy: The humidity accuracy reading of the device can measure ±2%RH (at 25°c,20%~80RH) and ±2.5%RH (at other ranges).
- 3 Parameter measurements– There are three available measurements, dew point, temperature, and pressure.
- Record Interval – Record shortest sample interval to 2 seconds, you can set the sampling interval by seconds, minutes, or hours freely.
High humidity allows moulds to grow, which can lead to various health problems while low humidity can have adverse effects on human skin and body. Humidity affects many properties of air, and the materials that is exposed to air. Water vapor is an important atmospheric greenhouse gas and it is a key agent in both weather and climate. A wide range of manufacturing, storage and testing process are humidity-critical. Humidity measurements are taken to prevent condensation, corrosion, mould, warping or other spoilage of products. This is highly applicable for woods, in the pharmaceutical sectors, fuels, chemicals, foods, paper, and many other products. Moreover, wooden instruments can also be damaged and causes malfunction if proper precautions are not taken to stop mold.
Showing all 8 results
Humidity Temperature Meter with Real Time (Read-Out Value)ID: GT00X100ZW Call for Quote
Hygrometer with Temperature (Data Logger, Fast Response)ID: GT00X100ZT Call for Quote
Hygrometer with Temperature (Data Logger, Dual Input)ID: GT00X100ZU Call for Quote
Hygrometer with Temperature (Data Logger, Auto Power Off)ID: GT00X100ZV Call for Quote
Mini Temperature and Humidity Hygrometer (Wet Bulb Temp)ID: GT00X100ZY Call for Quote
Temperature, Humidity Hygrometer (Dew point, Wet bulb Temp)ID: GT00X100ZZ Call for Quote
Hygrometer with Temperature (Data Logging and High Temp)ID: GT00ZB00ZZ Call for Quote
Humidity & Temperature Meter with Data Logging (High Temp)ID: GTzxtzz Call for Quote