GAOTek 6-Port 10/100 Base-Tx and 2-Port 100 Base-Fx Fiber Ethernet Switch has six 10/100M UTP ports and two 100M SFP sockets. It converts 10/100 BASE-TX Fast Ethernet twisted-pair signals to 100 BASE-FX Fast Ethernet fiber signals. This converter has the ability to transmit up to 1.2 mi (2 km) for multi-mode fiber and up to 74.5 mi (120 km) for long-haul single mode fiber between a LAN switch, file server and another networking device. Added flexibility is available with ST, SC, FC and WDM Simplex SC connectors.
This GAOTek Fiber switch product is helpful in expanding the existing Fast Ethernet networks. The easy implementation and expansion of 100 Base-TX/FX networks is further assured with this. This product is used in the installation of fiber cabling anywhere within a Fast Ethernet network topology by directly connecting to existing devices. Some of the key features are listed below.
- 6 port 10/100 MRJ-45 and 2 port 100M fiber
- Two SFP sockets, used in single and multi-mode
- Auto MDI/MDI-X support on RJ-45 port
- Converts optical/electrical Ethernet signals between 10/100M UTP ports and 100M optical fiber ports
- 10/100M Auto-negotiation in TP port, maximum speed to 20/200M (full-duplex)
- Supports IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow control and back pressure half-duplex flow control
- Store and forward mode
- LED link status indicator for activity, full/half duplex, and Power On diagnostic function
- Support Max packet length 1552/ 1536 bytes
- Support 1k MAC address and comes with MAC self-learning
|Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x|
|Number of Ports||Ethernet Port: 6 X 10/100 Base-Tx
Optical Port: 2 X 100 Base-Fx
|Ethernet Port Available Speed:||Force 10 Mbps, force 100 Mbps and auto-detective 10/100 Mbps full-duplex and half-duplex, auto-negotiation|
|Flow Control Mode||IEEE 802.3 x full-duplex flow control and back pressure flow control|
|Connectors: RJ-45||Connector MDI/MDI-X connection with auto-sensing|
|LED Status Indicator||LED status of link, activity, full/half duplex, speed, and power on diagnostic function|
|Cable Support||10 Base-T: 3, 4 or Cat 5 shielded / unshielded twisted pair, max 3937 in (100 m)
100 Base-TX: Cat 5 shielded / unshielded twisted pair, max 3937 in (100 m)
100 Base-Fx: 8.3 μm, 8.7 μm, 9 μm and10 μm on single mode fiber and 50, 62.5 and 100 μm on multi-mode fiber
|Power Supply||AC: 110 V to 240 V or DC: 48 V|
|Operating Temperature||-4 °F to 158 °F (-20 °C to 70 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 167 °F (-40 °C to 75 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 % to 90 %|
|Storage Humidity||5 % to 95 % RH|
The following illustrates typical applications for the C0330003tek Fiber Switch.
The actual distances will depend on several factors including the quality of cables used and the terminal equipment employed.