GAOTek Colorimeter with 3 Switchable Calibers (Photodiode Array) 0.15 in (4 mm)/0.31 in (8 mm)/1.57 in (40 mm) to meet different surface measurement demands. Aperture 0.15 in (4 mm) is suitable for measuring small parts, gadget, small device etc. Aperture 0.31 in (8 mm) version is a general-purpose color difference meter, mostly used on flat surface materials. Aperture 1.57 in (40 mm) can be used for huge textured, uneven and pitting surface, also wet samples, like fish and meat. Photodiode array sensor, TFT true color 2.8 in display, CIE 10° Standard Observer, AC adapter / 3000 mAH Li-ion battery and large data capacity storage space are some of the important features of this instrument. It can be applicable in clothing, textile, footwear, printing and dyeing, plastics, leather, film, chemicals, pigments, and paints.
- 3 Switchable Calibers – 15 in (4 mm), 0.31 in (8 mm) and 1.57 in (40 mm)
- Sensor: Photodiode array
- Language: English
- Optional Accessories: Flour measuring device/Micro printer
- CIE 10° Standard observer
- RS-232 interface
- TFT true color 2.8 in display
- Li-ion battery
|Color Space||CIELAB CIELCH CIEXYZ sRGB|
|Measurement Caliber||ɸ40 mm/ɸ8 mm/ɸ4 mm Alternative|
|Illumination Condition||CIE Recommendation: 8/d|
|Color Difference Formula||ΔE *a ΔE *LCH|
|Light Source||D65 A F (CWF)|
|Observer||CIE 10° Standard Observer|
|Measurement Range||L:0 to 100|
|Measurement Interval||0.5 sec|
|Storage Capacity||Type sample data: 100 groups with testing sample data 200 groups|
|Lifetime of Bulb||5 years more than 1.6 million measurements|
|Interface of External||USB 2.0 (USB-B) RS-232 (115200 bps)|
|Display Screen||TFT true color 2.8 in@(16:9)|
|Battery||Li-ion battery, 5000 times Measurement|
|Battery Charging Time||8 hrs|
|Size||7.83 in×2.68 in×3.54 in (199 mm x 68 mm x 90 mm)|
|Weight||1.54 lbs (700 g)|
|Humidity Range||Relative humidity less than 85% without condensation|
|Working Temperature Range||32 °F~104 °F (0 °C~40 °C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4 °F~122 °F (-20 °C~50 °C)|
- AC adapter / 3000 mAH Li-ion battery
- Flour measuring device/Micro printer
Up – move the position of the cursor on the screen; adjust the value of the activated items.
Down – move the position of the cursor on the screen; adjust the value of the activated items.
Paging – Switching between tabs.
Function – Different function can be performed in different interface.
Confirm – Confirm or activate selected items on the screen (a blue background of the item will be changed to a green background after activation); fast switching between “standard measurement” and “sample measurement”.
Show screen – show measurement result etc.
Measurement – Measuring
Measurement port – Optical channel for measuring.
Switch – In (I) or Out (O) of the instrument.
Printing interface – connect to the printer to print the measuring data.
Battery cover – cover for the special lithium battery compartment
DC connector – dedicated power adapter connector.
The colorimeter is powered by dedicated power adapter or special lithium batteries, the use of other facilities for power supply may damage the colorimeter.
Ensure that the Switch is on Out (O) before connecting to the power adapter or mounting the battery.
- First, check and confirm if the Switch is on Out (O), then follow the arrow direction as shown in Figure 2, take out the battery cover by pressing down.
- Mount the battery into the compartment as shown in Figure 3, pay attention to the front and back of the battery.1
- Follow the directions in Figure 4, press up to mount the battery into the compartment.
- First, check and confirm if the Switch is on Out (O).
- Plug the input cable of the power adapter as shown in Figure 5 into the DC connector.
Before turning on the instrument, check if the external power has been connected or the battery has been mounted, ensuring a power supply to the instrument, then start the instrument, the screen will show starting Logo.
After the completion of boot interface, instrument into the self-test program, ensure the normal working of the instrument.
This instrument has 3 switchable calibers to measure different objects. The calibers include 0.15 in (4 mm) (standard)/0.31 in (8 mm) (standard) and 1.57 in (40 mm) (optional). The steps to exchange the calibers as below (for example 0.31 in (8 mm) diameter replacing 0.15 in (4 mm) diameter)：
- Remove the 31 in (8 mm) diameter, as shown in figure 6 left, counterclockwise to remove measuring diameter. Install 0.15 in (4 mm) diameter, as shown in figure 6 on the right, clockwise on measuring the diameter.
- Screen to switch to the “prototype” interface, press the “function key”, showing “black and white calibration/mode selection” interface, as shown in figure 7, it can change between “black and white correction “and” mode selection” through skipping key. In the mode selection interface, set the measuring diameter as 15 in (4 mm), and for black and white correction according to the instrument tips.
Color Difference Measurement
There are two steps for the color difference measurement which are “Type Sample Measurement” and “Sample Measurement”.
- The Type Sample measurement gets the standard color parameters of a Type Sample.
- The Sample measurement gets the parameters of the sample needed to be measured while calculating the color difference data between the Sample and the Type Sample.
Type Sample Measurement
As shown in Figure 8, the Type Sample measurement can be performed to get the color parameters of a Type Sample. The color parameters measured will be shown on the measurement page.In the upper right corner of the page, the test current conditions, including light sources, lighting and light mode, are displayed.
After completing the Type Sample measurement, if it is required to measure the color difference between the Type Sample and the Sample, press “Paging” to switch the screen to “SAM. ” page as shown in Figure 9, the color difference parameter measured will be shown on the measurement page.
Meanwhile, the color bias will be shown on the right of the page to provide an intuitive color difference analysis.
Check out Information
Type Sample Record
Press “Paging” to jump to “Check out Information” page as shown in Figure 10 to check the saved data by “Up” and “Down” keys if required.
In the current page, press “save” button. In Figure 11 dialog box, choose “sample into” or “standard delete” operation.
After selecting the Type Sample to be checked, select “Sample Record” option to switch the screen to the Sample record page of the Type Sample as shown in Figure 12, then select Sample record by “Up” and “Down” keys to check out the color difference records of each Sample.
Press “Paging” to switch the screen to “System Setting” page as shown in Figure 13 to set the data saving ways as well as light mode, Light source (D50, D65, F11), tolerance, backlight time, the system date and time during the measurement.
As shown in Figure 13, there are two ways for saving which are “Auto Save” and “Manual Save”.
When setting to Auto Save, the system will auto save each time measurement data of the Type Sample or the Sample. If the saving records of the Type Sample or the Sample are full, the measurement data will not be saved and will pop up a window as shown in Figure 14 to prompt if the storage should be cleared.
When setting to Manual Save, the system will not auto save data, it is required, after finishing measuring, to press “Save” for manually saving the data and will pop up a prompt box as shown in Figure 15.