GAOTek Digital Anemometer with Data Hold (Auto Shut Down) is designed to measure wind speed and temperature which has multi-function display in 5 units with high sensitive and accurate measurements. The 5 units measure of air velocity are nautical miles per hour (knots), feet per minute (ft/min), miles per hour (MPH), meters per second (m/sec) and kilometers per hour (km/hr.). An internal Type K sensor is used to measure air temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius units. Data hold and max hold function, low battery indication, automatic shut down and auto power off are some of its important features.
- Wind speed and temperature measurement multi-function display
- Data hold and max hold function
- Automatic shut down
- Low battery indication
- High sensitive and accurate
- Measurement units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph, CFM, Temperature: °C or °F
- Auto Power off: After 15 minutes with disable feature
|Air Velocity Range||Range||Resolution||Accuracy|
|196 ft/min to 4900 ft/min||1 ft/min||± (3%+40 ft/min)|
|1.00 m/s to 25.00 m/s||0.01 m/s||± (3%+0.20 m/s)|
|3.6 km/h to 90.0 km/h||0.1 km/s||± (3%+0.8 km/h)|
|2.24 mph to 56.0 mph||0.1 mph||± (3%+0.4 mph)|
|1.94 knots to 48.5 knots||0.1 knots||± (3%+0.4 knots)|
|Temperature Range||32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C||0.1 °F (0.1°C)||± 4.0 °F (2 °C)|
|Circuit Description||Custom LSI microprocessor design|
|Data Hold||Freezes reading on the display|
|Display||Dual function 8888 count LCD display|
|Auto Power Off||After 15 minutes with disable feature|
|Memory Recall||Record and Recall Maximum/Minimum (MAX/MIN) readings|
|Power Supply||9 V battery|
|Sensor Structure||Air velocity sensor: Conventional twisted vane arm with low-friction ball-bearing|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 8.3 mA DC|
|Operating Humidity||Max. 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)|
- LCD display
- Vane sensor
- Units/°F/°C key
- Max/Min key
- On/Off key
- MAX MIN Record mode
- Temperature display
- Temperature units
- Velocity units
- MAX or MIN mode
- Velocity display
- Low battery indicator
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter on. If the display does not switch on, check that a fresh 9 V battery is
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter
- The meter is equipped with an AUTO POWER OFF feature. The meter automatically shuts off after 15 minutes to conserve battery
Measuring Air Velocity and Temperature
- Place the sensor in the air stream under
- Read the Air Velocity and Temperature measurements directly on the
- Calculate Air Volume in CFM (cubic feet per minute) or CMM (cubic meters per minute)
Selecting the Temperature Unit of Measure (oC/oF)
Press and hold the UNITS key for 3 seconds to select the temperature unit of measure. The meter will beep twice and the display will indicate the currently selected unit of measure.
Selecting the Air Velocity Unit of Measure
Press the UNITS key to change the unit of measure for Air Velocity measurements. The display will reflect the current selection.
Record and Recall MAX/Min Function
- To begin capturing the Maximum (MAX) and Minimum (MIN) air velocity and temperature readings, press the MAX/MIN key and the ‘RECORD’ icon will appear in the
- Now, use the MAX/MIN key to toggle the view from MIN to MAX to RECORD. The ‘MAX’ or ‘MIN’ will appear along with the recalled reading for convenience. In RECORD mode, the meter will display the current reading but will continue to capture MAX and MIN
- To return to normal operation, press and hold the MAX/MIN key for 3 seconds to clear and stop MAX/MIN recording. The meter will beep twice and the ‘MAX’/‘MIN’ and ‘RECORD’ icons will switch
Area Set for CFM
- Turn off the meter.
- Press the HOLD key and hold.
- While holding the HOLD key, turn on the meter. It will now be in area set mode “set area” will display. The area range can be set from 0 to 999.9 ft2.
- Press the MAX/MIN key to shift the radix point (decimal point).
- Press the HOLD key to shift between flashing digits.
- Press the UNITS key to change the value of the flashing digit.
- After setting the area for CFM, the operator must turn the meter off, then turn the meter on again. At this point, the meter will be set to read CFM for the desired area.
When the battery power falls low, the low battery icon will appear on the LCD. Replace the 9 V battery by removing the Phillips screw on the battery compartment door and accessing the battery compartment. Ensure that the compartment cover is securely fastened when finished.
Cleaning and Storage
Wipe the meter and vane with a damp cloth as needed. Do not apply abrasive, solvents, or other cleaners to the surface of the meter or vane. Store with the battery removed and avoid extreme temperature and humidity.
Useful Equations and Conversions
To determine CFM (cubic feet per minute) or CMM (cubic meters per minute) in a duct, the area of the duct must first be measured (use the equations below). Then multiply an air velocity measurement by the area measurement to obtain CFM or CMM.
Unit of Measure Conversion Table