GAOTek Optical Power Meter is designed for use with an Optical Laser Source for performing optical loss measurements on fiber optic cables. This series is mainly designed for low budget. It has a unique feature of compact shape, automatic shut-down, general interface design, wide range of optical power measurement, and user self-calibration function. It is customized to provide 1 to 4 wavelength stability of the output, not only can provide 650 nm visible red light, single-mode fiber can be measured to provide dual-wavelength 1310 nm and 1550 nm laser output, or provide 850 nm/1300 nm/1310 nm/1550 nm-four wavelength laser output.
- Integrated with high performance optical detector
- Medium size, light weight and great portability
- Lower power consumption
- Easy to use
- Integrated with auto-power-off, low power indication and measurement interchanging functions
- Internal charging circuit, back light
- Low cost budget
- Different light sources and power meter can be build into the instrument
- The multi meter can be turn off from the menu
- Data can be uploaded to PC
- High stability multi-wavelength single-(multi)mode laser output, CW mode or modulated mode color LCD display
- User self calibration
- Linear (mW) and nonlinear index (dBm) display on the same screen
|Working Wavelength||650 nm,1310 nm/1550 nm + 650 nm,1310 nm/1550 nm/1625 nm|
|Type of probe||InGaAs|
|Range of wave length||800 nm ~1700 nm|
|Standard wave length||850 nm,980 nm,1300 nm,1310 nm,1490 nm,1550 nm|
|Connector||Interchangeable FC/PC, SC/PC|
|Accuracy||±0.35db ± 10 nW|
|Auto Power-off time||10 min|
|Measurement Range||-70~+10/-50 dBm ~+26 dBm|
|Tone Detection||270, 1 k, 2 kHz (≥-40 dBm)||270,1 k, 2 kHz(≥-20 dBm)|
|Working Temperature||-14 ◦F to 140 ◦F (-16 ◦C to 60◦C)|
|Storage Temperature||-14 ◦F to 140 ◦F(-25◦C to 70◦C)|
|Power supply||Li-on battery,5 V AC/DC adapter|
|Dimensions||7.5 in x 3.94 in x 1.89 in(190 mm x 100 mm x 48 mm)|
|Uncertainty||±0.2 dB (5 %)|
|Precision||±10 nW (5 %)|
|Weight||9.880 z (280 g)|
- Power on/off or auto-shutdown set
- Menu and function selection
- Enter the menu or select the current operation
- Exit the current operation without save
- Function selection, data decrease
- Function selection, data decrease
Press power button to on and then will display the following interface：
Source: 270 Hz (1310 nm)
Power: 00.00 dBm (1310 nm) 01.00 mW
When the power is on, press the power button again for 2 sec to power off.
(1) Enter the setup interface select meter setup, press enter and display the following interface:
Wavelength: 1310 nm Switch: On Mode: 270Hz
Wavelength: 1310 nm
(2) Press menu to select function, for example: select wavelength as 1490 nm. Press enter to save setup and return to setup interface press cancel to cancel, and return to setup interface.
(1) Enter the setup interface, select language and enter into the interface and press enter.
(2) Press upper or lower buttons to select function item. Press cancel to cancel, and return to setup interface the language will not change.
(1) Enter the setup interface, select time, press enter and display the time set interface
(2) Press menu to select item. Press to increase or decrease value. Press enter to apply and return to setup interface. Press cancel to cancel and return to setup interface. When press enter, if the time is incorrect, cursor will focus on the error. Only correct time set will apply.
(1) Press menu at main interface, press to move cursor, select file item, and press enter to enter file interface.
(2) Press to move cursor, menu to move command item cursor. When command cursor is on “lookup”，press enter to view current file results. When command cursor is on “previous” or “next”，press enter to page up or down. There are “delete”, “empty” commands and so on.
Calibration settings used to set the Offset size. Displayed value is the overall power to add a value.
Enter the setup interface, select Calibration item, press enter to enter Calibration interface.
Press menu to select items. Press to increase or decrease value by 0.01. When selected item is “saved”，press enter to apply.
When selected item is “default”，press enter to restore to default。
Measurement results can be stored in the instrument, or stored in the instrument through the host computer after the software uploaded to the PC. As long as the data line of a termination on the local PC Link interfaces, the other side access to PC-USB port, open the PC software, PC software by default settings, and then upload directly to the PC point, the data can be reached the PC.
- Main Body
- Rechargeable lithium battery (in the battery cartridge)
- Warranty card
- User Manual
- Pass Certificate
- Soft carrying bag
- Cleaning rod
- Don’t watch the output port with eyes while it is running, the laser will hurt your eyes
- If you are not going to use the tester for long time, cover the dust-proof cap immediately to keep the end clean, don’t expose it in air for long time, otherwise dust may gather polluting the output end.
- After the stabilized light source works for a time, dirt or dust may gather at output end reducing output optical power, if so, user can gently wipe the surface using cotton swab dipped with alcohol, then remove the contaminants with dry cotton swab. If end still look dirty after doing so, please contact us
- For any other fault, please immediately contact our technician, don’t open the cabinet of the device to repair it by you, otherwise more serious problems may occur. We will not repair any product that have been disassembled by user himself
|1||Output light is found unsteady||Please recharge the battery|
|2||The terminal of adapter is dirty||Clean it gently with alcohol|
|3||The output optical power is unsteady after start-up||Pre-warm the device for 15 minutes before using it.|
- No parts of the product can be repaired by user himself
- Warranty period: 12 months since the date of shipment. If any products defect within the above said period, we will repair or replace the defective product; however, in no events we will bear responsibilities in excess of the product’s sales price.
- If any fault occurs during usage, user can first solve them according to above trouble-shooting instructions, however, if such efforts fail, the user shall not open the cabinet of the product by him, he should contact our market department or local dealers.
- For any quality problem arising of production defect, the manufacturer will repair or replace the defective product free of charge, however, any damage caused by improper-operation or good product will not be covered by the above warranty.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing terms, any problem/fault caused for the following reasons are not included warranty.
- The product has been repaired or modified without the authorization of the manufacturer