The active RS485 / RS232 RFID reader detects and decodes RF transmitted signals from compatible Wavetrend tags. The data from detected tags is sent by the reader via RS485/RS232 or USB to authorized corporate computing systems.It can be used in two modes: hardware auto-polling mode for continuous feed of tag data to the system in the fastest possible manner and software polling mode for dynamic communication with each reader by software applications, instant notification of reader offline and customization of reader polling order and frequency.
This active reader is ideally suited for use in systems that track tagged assets such as containers, machinery or other high value assets or for monitoring personnel in health and safety or security applications. It can be used to create RFID networks within buildings. For more robust and rigorous uses, they can be deployed externally across large complexes, such as container ports, warehouses or external yards.
- Up to 255 unique Receiver Addresses possible
- Remote readers are powered via standard CAT5 cable, centralized or distributed PSU topology may be used.
- Reader status indication by LED’s at RJ45 connectors
- RS232, RS485 and USB connection
- Compatible with both L Series and L Series+ tags
- Singular use or as part of multiple reader daisy chain network
- Easy remote configuration via the reader network
- Supports wide variety of antennas to achieve custom coverage areas
|Receive Frequency||433.92 MHz|
|RF Input||50 Ohm BNC|
|Standard Data Rate||9600-115200 (baud rate)|
|Supply Voltage||7 V-16 Vdc|
|Max. Current Consumption||20 mA|
|Size||105 mm * 58 mm * 28 mm|
|Weight (unit)||118 grams|
|Connections||2 RJ45 sockets
1 Mini USB type socket
2.5 mm power socket
|Operating Temperature||-40 °C to 85 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C|
|Humidity||5% to 90% (non-condensing)|
Typical read ranges of tags with various antennas
(Distances may vary depending on the ambient RF environment and site configurations and may not match those stated in this sheet. Read ranges will generally be greater outdoors than indoors. With specialist antennas, ranges in excess of 500m can be achieved.)
|Antenna Type||Read Range|
|AN100||¼ Whip up to 50m|
|AN200||⅛ Stub- up to 20m|
|AN350||Circular patch up to 150m|
|AN400||Outdoor Whip up to 150m|
There are no reviews yet.