GAOTek 100 MHz USB PC Based Oscilloscope is an easy to use and high performance product which does not require any external power source. It combines the functions of an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, waveform recorder, signal generator, voltmeter and cymometer. It operates up to 250 MS/s real time sampling rate at a bandwidth of 100 MHz. It is suitable for notebook computer, maintenance of electronic equipment and laboratory work in fields such as science, medicine, engineering and telecommunications.
- USB that supports plug n play, with 12 Mbp communication speed
- No external power required
- 23 measurement functions
- Waveforms can be saved in the following formats:text file, jpg/bmp graphic file, MS excel/word file
- Port/Line, waveform average, persistence and intensity waveform display
- Adjustable Trigger Levels
- Auto, normal and single trigger modes available
- Supports FFT, displays waveform average, persistence, intensity, invert, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and X-Y plot
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, VISTA Operating systems
- Labview/VB/VC/ Delphi/ C++ Builder Second Design instance
- High performance, 250 MS/s real-time sampling rate, 100 MHz bandwidth
|Sampling rate||250 MS/s|
|Data samples||10 K-512 K/Channel|
|PC interface||USB 2.0 interface|
|Impedance||1 MΩ 25 pF|
|Vertical resolution||8 bit|
|Gain range||10 mV-5V, 9 Steps|
|DC accuracy||±3 %|
|Time base range||4 ns-1h, 38 steps|
|Input protection||diode clamping|
|Auto set||yes (10 Hz to 100 MHz)|
|Trigger type||rising Edge, falling Edge|
|Trigger source||CH1, CH2,EXT|
|Buffer size||10 K-512 KB/ Channel|
|Shot Bandwidth||DC to 100 MHz|
|Vertical mode||CH1, CH2, dual, add|
|Dimensions||7.4 in x 3.9 in x 1.3 in [190 mm (L) x100 mm (W) x35 mm (H )] mm|
S/W CD, Probes, USB cord
Precautions for Safety
The following instructions are provided for safe and correct use of the product and to prevent a potentially dangerous situation or damage in advance. Be sure to read through them before you use the product.
Recommended Usage Environment
The ambient temperature and relative humidity should be 32 °F to -104 °F (0 ℃- to 40 ℃) and 10 %-80 % respective for the normal operation of the product.
The USB terminal and GAOTek device USB are connected via a USB cable for DC +5 V power from the PC. The product does not require an outside power source.
- While in Windows, insert the installation CD into the CD-ROM drive
- The installation should start up automatically. Otherwise in Windows Explorer
- Switch to the CD-ROM drive and run ’ Setup.exe’
- The GAOTek device USB Installation is started. Click ‘Next’ to continue
- Choose a destination directory. Click ‘Next’ to continue
- Check the setup information. Click Next to start copying of files. A status dialog box is displayed
- Updating your System Configuration
- The installation is complete.
1.Connect the A-Type Plug of USB cable to your PC’S USB port.
2.Connect the B-Type Plug of USB cable to A0120009tek USB’s USB port.
3.New Hardware is found.
4.New hardware search wizard starts
5.New hardware search wizard starts to search
6.New hardware wizard installs the software
7.Click on ‘Finish’ in the new hardware search wizard
8.New hardware is found
9.Set the driver search location to CD-Rom or the driver path
10.New hardware search wizard starts to search
11.New hardware wizard installs software and click on ‘Finish’ in the new hardware search wizard.
Setup GAOTek USB.inf under windows 2000
When the USB.inf file is not detected automatically, you see a dialog box
- In this case you must install the USB.inf file manually
- Choose ‘Search for a suitable driver for my device’ button. Click Next to continue
- Specify a location. Click Next to continue
- The USB.inf file is located USB CD-ROM root directory. Specify the location by either entering or browsing
- Then the USB.inf file is detected automatically. Click Next to continue
- Click on Finish.
Warning: Be careful not to input excessive power voltage
- The input power capacity is fixed as shown below to prevent electric shock and/or Please DO NOT use voltage higher than that prescribed below.
Warning: Be sure to check the probe attenuation before measuring the voltage. The voltage that is higher than the maximum input voltage can cause damage to the device and you. In particular, there is the risk of an electric shock when measuring high voltage. So you need to pay extra attention not to have your hand touch the terminal.
- Please eliminate all unused probes or tester leads so that they do not come in contact with surrounding high voltage parts.
- Make sure that the PC’s power source is grounded.
- The probe ground lead is at ground potential. Do not connect the ground lead to an elevated voltage. Connect the ground lead of the probe to earth ground only.
If measuring the floating potential, we will recommend the measurement by the differential motion method using CH1 and CH2.
- Do not connect or disconnect the product with the probe or test lead which is connected to a voltage source.
- Do not attempt to operate the product at the situation that a risk of dysfunction or shock expected to happen.
- Stop using the product immediately when you notice something unusual about the smell, smoke or sound.
- And then remove the USB connection form your computer.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children or those who cannot be trusted with the use.
- Do not use the product with your hands wet. It can cause an electric shock.
- Do not try the product for the purposes other than those stated.
- If the products crevice is exposed to electric conductors (solids or liquids), the product will short circuit and possibly create dangers of electric shock or fire. Please keep this product away from humidity, water, or dust.
- DO NOT use this product near gas as well as other flammable and/or explosive materials.
- Store the product where direct sunlight can’t reach.
- DO NOT use the product where it’s dirty, other machines are operated, or there is a high level of electromagnetic waves.
- DO NOT place the product on an unstable cart, stand, or tripod. Such usage creates the dangers of accident and/or damage to product.
Maintenance and Storage
If not using it for a long term, remove the USB cable from the product.
The recommended temperature and humidity for equipment storage is 77 °F (25 ℃) at 50 % humidity.
- There are no parts that you can replace inside the product. Do not attempt replacing a part yourself. It can give you an electric shock.
- Do not attempt to open the case or repair yourself. It can cause an electric shock or other safety accidents.
- Once you open the case, you cannot have the privilege of an after-sales service.
Minimum System Requirements
To install and run the USB, you should have the following.
Microsoft Direct X supported
Screen resolution: 800 x 600
Colour depth: 16 bit
- When manufactured, the USB is calibrated manually to obtain maximum performance.
- You may calibrate the USB 5 or 6 months after purchase.
- You must use a probe with more than 100 MHz bandwidth to get undistorted signal.
- Probe should be compensated whenever it is connected for the first time.
- Connect calibration signal to channel 1, and then push AUTOSET.
- Check the shape of the displayed waveform.
- Adjust the probe until the displayed waveform is compensated.
There are no reviews yet.