- Uses piezoelectric acceleration transducer to convert vibration signal.
- In accordance with ISO 2954, GB13823.3 standards. Used for periodic measurements, to detect out-of-balance, misalignment and other mechanical faults in rotating machines.
- Specially designed for easy on-site vibration measurement of all rotating machinery for quality control, commissioning, and predictive maintenance purposes.
- 3 accelerators for 3-channel vibration measurement.
- 3 same parameters in one display for 3 position measurement or 1 position measurement specified, showing 3 different parameters of velocity, acceleration and displacement in 1 display.
- Individual high quality accelerometer for accurate and repeatable measurements.
- Bearing condition monitoring function.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Wide frequency range (10 Hz ~10 kHz).
- Automatic power shut off to conserve power.
- AC output socket for headphones and recording.
- Optional headphones for use as electronic stethoscope.
- Uses USB/RS-232 data output to connect with PC.
- Provides Bluetooth data output choice.
- Measure periodic motion, and check the imbalance and deflection of moving machinery
- Measure on site mechanical vibrations of all rotating machinery
|Vibration Sensor||3 Piezoelectric Transducers|
|Display||4-digit LCD backlit|
|Accuracy||5% of Reading +2 digits|
|Measurement Range||Displacement||0.001 mm – 4.000 mm; 0.04 mil-160.0 mil Equivalent Peak-Peak|
|Acceleration||0.1 m/s2 – 400.0 m/s2 (0.3 ft/s2 – 1312 ft/s2 or 0.0 g – 40 g) Equivalent Peak|
|Velocity||0.01 mm/s – 400.0 mm/s (0.0004 inch/s – 16.00 inch/s) True RMS|
|Displacement||10 Hz ~ 1 kHz|
|Acceleration||10 Hz ~ 10 kHz|
|Velocity||10 Hz ~1 kHz|
|Conversion||Metric and Imperial|
|Analogue Output||AC output 0 V~2.0 V peak full scale (load resistance: above 10k) With Max. value hold and low battery indication|
|PC interface||RS-232C (Cable and software is not included)|
|Power off||Manual off at any time or auto power off is enabled by user|
|Temperature||32 ℉ – 122 ℉ (0 ℃ – 50 ℃)|
|Humidity||below 90 % RH|
|Power Supply||4×1.5 V AAA (UM-4) Battery|
|Size||5.51 in × 2.87 in × 1.38 in (140 mm x 73 mm x 35 mm)|
|Weight||0.91 lbs (415 g) (Without Batteries)|
|2||Piezoelectric Transducers||3 pc|
|3||Powerful rare earth magnet||1|
|4||Probe (Cone) & Probe (Spherical)||Each 1|
|2||RS-232C Data Cable with Software||1|
|3||Bluetooth Data Adapter with Software||1|
According to different situations the transducers may be fixed in the probe or connected to the magnetic base.
- The testing position should show the vibration characters of the object to be tested
- The main axis of the transducers should be consistent with the direction of the object to be tested
- The sensor should be in close contact with the object to be tested.
|Method/Contrast||Install with Bolts||Install with Magnetic base||Install with Probe|
|Affection on the result||None||When roughness is worse than Ra 1.6,the result maybe not stable.||When caring about acceleration and the vibration frequency is higher than 1KHz, the result will be smaller.|
Installed with Bolt
Screw eye has no influence on the running of the object being tested. Usage: Drill a screw eye 5mm deep in the object being tested. Connect the sensor to the object by bolts . And this is the method that the frequency response is best.
Installed With Magnetic Base
Application range: Magnetic, flat surface, roughness less than Ra1.6, 2 acceleration less than 20m/s . Usage: connect the vibration sensor with magnetic base with the M5 bolt included. And then place the magnetic base to the object to be tested. Please refer the below:
Installed with Probe:
Applications Range: Frequency is less than 1 kHz and vibration energy is not small.
Usage: Connect the needle to the sensor directly by using probe groupware.
Connecting the Sensor:
- Note that this meter accepts only the supplied vibration sensor.
- Plug the connector side of the sensor into the plug at the top of the meter.
- The sensor can be connected to the machinery under test in three ways.
Please refer below:
- Press the POWER KEY to turn the meter ON or OFF.
- The meter is equipped with an automatic power off utility that conserves battery life. If the meter is left inactive for 30 minutes it will automatically turn off. The automatic power off utility is enabled or disabled by pressing and hold the VOLUME KEY for 5s. The symbol ‘SV’ showing on the display indicates auto power off utility is enabled. Otherwise disabled if not showing ‘SV’.
How to set channel
There are 4 choices of X, Y, Z, XYZ. Any one channel of X or Y or Z with 3 parameters of velocity, acceleration and displacement showing on one display can be selected. Or 3-channel of X-Y-Z with any one parameter of velocity or acceleration or displacement can be selected. The currently selected channel is shown on the meter’s LCD. Every time to press the X / Y/ Z / XYZ KEY, the selected channel is changed.
FUNCTION KEY is only valid in the 3-channel mode and used to select the parameter to be measured. The currently selected parameter is shown on the meter’s LCD. To change the parameter, just press and release the FUNCTION KEY. ACC means Acceleration measurement mode. VEL means Velocity measurement mode. DISP means Displacement measurement mode.
The currently selected unit of measure is shown on the meter’s LCD. To change the unit of measure, press the UNIT KEY.
|VEL||mm/s||millimetres per second|
|(RMS)||Inch/s||inch/s inches per second|
|ACC (Peak)||m/s 2||meter per second square|
|ft/s 2||feet per second square|
|(Peak- Peak)||mil||One thousand of an inch|
To freeze maximum values, just press the HOLD KEY ,a symbol Max shows on the display. The meter will hold the max value measured. To exit Max Hold Mode, press the HOLD KEY again.
Filter (only valid in acceleration mode)
To diagnose faulty bearings, the high frequency 10k mode (acceleration only) is used, and by using the optional headphones, the instrument can be used as an electronic stethoscope and noise from abnormal bearings can be monitored.
This AC signal can output to recorder or headphone to listen for any distinct patterns or noises. Listening method will help to locate the defective machinery or bearing quickly. Measure all machines at the same points and compare the results. The sound volume can be adjusted by VOLUME KEY. There are 8 levels from 1 to 8 to select. The level 1 is the lowest amplitude while the level 8 is the maximum amplitude of output signal. To exit volume setting, simply wait 5s for the meter to automatically switch to the normal measuring mode.
RS-232 Serial PC Interface
The meter is equipped with an RS-232 serial data port. This interface was designed to operate with the Data Acquisition Software and enables the user to capture, store and display readings on a PC. USB and Bluetooth can also be available via RS232C interface.
In general, vibration of anti-friction bearings is best monitored in the load zone of the bearing. Equipment design often limits the ability to collect data in this zone. Simply select the Measurement Point which gives the best signal. Avoid painted surfaces, unloaded bearing zones, housing splits, and structural gaps. When measuring vibration with a hand-held sensor, it is very important to collect consistent readings, paying close attention to the sensor’s position on the machinery, the sensor’s angle to the machinery, and the contact pressure with which the sensor is held on the machinery. . Location – always collect at the same point on the machine. Mark locations. . Position – Vibration should be measured in three directions: A axial direction; H horizontal direction; V vertical direction Please define A, H, V as X, Y, Z axes respectively. . Angle – Always perpendicular to the surface (90°±10°). . Pressure – Even, consistent hand pressure must be used (firm, but not so firm as to dampen the vibration signal). For best results ,use the magnetic base. If using the stinger/probe is the only method available to collect data, it is best to use a punch to mark the location for the probe-tip to ensure a consistent coupling to the housing.
|Vibration Amplitude||Machine sort|
|Vibration Velocity Vrms(mm/s)||I||II||III||IIII|
|0 ~ 0.28||A||A||A||A|
|0.28 ~ 0.45|
|0.45 ~ 0.71|
|0.71 ~ 1.12||B|
|1.12 ~ 1.8||B|
|1.8 ~ 2.8||C||B|
|2.8 ~ 4.5||C||B|
|4.5 ~ 7.1||D||C|
|7.1 ~ 11.2||D||C|
|11.2 ~ 18||D|
|ISO/IS2373 Motor quality standard according to vibration velocity|
|Quality Rank||Rev (rpm)||H: height of shaft (mm)
Maximum vibration velocity (rms)
Limit of rank “N” is suitable for common motor. When the request is higher than that in the table, limit can be gotten by dividing the limit of rank ‘S’ with 1.6 or multiples of 1.6.