GAOTek Digital Anemometer with Wind Speed (Auto Shut Down) is designed to measure the air temperature using internal K type sensor and the wind speed with 5 unit’s measurement. The 5 units measure of air velocity are feet per minute (ft/min), kilometers per hour (km/hr), miles per hour (MPH), nautical miles per hour (knots) and meters per second (m/sec). An internal Type K sensor is used to measure air temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius units. The temperature and air velocity can be easily measured using 16 in (406 mm) flexible gooseneck and can easily access not reachable places.
- Wind speed and temperature measurement multi-function display
- Data hold and max hold function
- Automatic shut down
- Low battery indication
- Provides Sensor structure of air velocity sensor:Conventional twisted vane arm with low-friction ball-bearing
- High sensitive and accurate
- Measurement units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph, CFM, Temperature: °C or °F
- Auto Power off: After 15 minutes with disable feature
|Air Velocity Range||Range||Resolution||Accuracy|
|196 ft./min to 5900 ft./min||1 ft/min||+/-(3%+40 ft/min)|
|1.00 m/s to 30.00 m/s||0.01 m/s||+/-(3%+0.20 m/s)|
|3.6 km/h to 108.0 km/h||0.1 km/s||+/-(3%+0.8 km/h)|
|2.24 mph to 67.0 mph||0.1 mph||+/-(3%+0.4 mph)|
|1.94 knots to 58.0 knots||0.1 knots||+/-(3%+0.4 knots)|
|Temperature Range||32 °F to 122 °F(0 °C to 50 °C||0.1 °F (0.1°C)||0.2 ± 4.0 °F (2 °C)|
|Circuit||Custom LSI microprocessor design|
|Data Hold||Freezes reading on the display|
|Display||Dual function 8888 count LCD display|
|Auto Power Off||After 15 minutes with disable feature|
|Memory Recall||Record and Recall Maximum/Minimum (MAX/MIN) readings|
|Power Supply||9 V battery|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 8.3 mA DC|
|Operating Humidity||Max. 80 % RH|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)|
- LCD display
- Vane sensor
- Hold/Backlight key
- Units/°F/°C key
- Max/Min key
- On/Off key
- MAX MIN Record mode
- Temperature display
- Temperature display
- Velocity units
- Hold mode
- MAX or MIN mode
- Velocity display
- Low battery indicator
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter on. If the display does not switch on, check that a fresh 9 V battery is
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter
- The meter is equipped with an AUTO POWER OFF feature. The meter automatically shuts off after 15 minutes to conserve battery
Measuring Air Velocity and Temperature
- Place the sensor in the air stream under
- Read the Air Velocity and Temperature measurements directly on the
- To calculate Air Volume in CFM (cubic feet per minute) or CMM (cubic meters per minute)
Selecting the Temperature Unit of Measure (oC/oF)
Press and hold the UNITS key for 3 seconds to select the temperature unit of measure. The meter will beep twice and the display will indicate the currently selected unit of measure.
Selecting the Air Velocity Unit of Measure
Press the UNITS key to change the unit of measure for Air Velocity measurements. The display will reflect the current selection.
To freeze the LCD display momentarily, press the HOLD key. The ‘HOLD’ icon will appear on the LCD and the reading will remain unchanged. Momentarily press the HOLD button again to return to normal operation (the ‘HOLD’ icon will switch off).
Press and hold the key for 3 seconds to turn the backlight on/off.
Record and Recall MAX / Min Function
- To begin capturing the Maximum (MAX) and Minimum (MIN) air velocity and temperature readings, press the MAX/MIN key and the ‘RECORD’ icon will appear in the display.
- Now, use the MAX/MIN key to toggle the view from MIN to MAX to RECORD. The ‘MAX’ or ‘MIN’ will appear along with the recalled reading for convenience. In RECORD mode, the meter will display the current reading but will continue to capture MAX and MIN readings.
- To return to normal operation, press and hold the MAX/MIN key for 3 seconds to clear and stop MAX/MIN recording. The meter will beep twice and the ‘MAX’/‘MIN’ and ‘RECORD’ icons will switch off.
When the battery power falls low, the low battery icon
will appear on the LCD. Replace the 9 V battery by removing the Phillips screw on the battery compartment door and accessing the battery compartment. Ensure that the compartment cover is securely fastened when finished.
Cleaning and Storage
Wipe the meter and vane with a damp cloth as needed. Do not apply abrasive, solvents, or other cleaners to the surface of the meter or vane. Store with the battery removed and avoid extreme temperature and humidity.
Useful Equations and Conversions
To determine CFM (cubic feet per minute) or CMM (cubic meters per minute) in a duct, the area of the duct must first be measured (use the equations below). Then multiply an air velocity measurement by the area measurement to obtain CFM or CMM.
Area equation for rectangular or square ducts
Unit of Measure Conversion Table
There are no reviews yet.