GAOTek Flaw Detector with High Anti-jamming (Water Dust-Proof) is used to accurately evaluate, diagnose and inspect several defects (pinhole, inclusion, and crack) in a workpiece without destruction. It can be used both in a field as well as lab. Sturdy, durable, waterproof, dustproof, high anti-jamming capability and B scan function are some of its key features. This portable device can be widely used in any fields that require quality controlling and defect inspection e.g. chemical industry, metalworking, iron and steel metallurgical industry, manufacturing industry etc., also be broadly used in service-life evaluation and the active safety inspection in such fields as boiler pressure vessels, railway transportation and aerospace, etc.
- Angular sensor angle (K value) calculate automatically.
- B scan function, displays defect longitudinal section shape clearly.
- Free storage, playback wave and data.
- Analyses echo times.
- Repetition frequency set.
- Independent flaw detector channel (can expand according to user’s requirement).
- DAC, AVG curve automatic generation and can make in section, sampling point is not limited and can revise and compensate.
- Calibrate probe’s K value automatically leading edge zero point material sound velocity.
- Defect equivalent ɸ value automatic calculates.
|≥60 dB||≥62 dB||≥65 dB||≥65 dB|
|Measuring Range||0.09 in ~ 236.22 in
(2.5 mm ~ 6000 mm)
|0.09 in ~ 393.70 in (2.5 mm ~ 10000 mm)|
|Sound Velocity||1000 m/s- 9999 m/s||1000 m/s-15000 m/s|
|Vertical linearity Error||≤3%|
|Horizontal Linearity Error||≤0.1%|
|Battery||Li battery 7.4 V 4800 mAh|
|Power Adapter||Input 100 V ~ 240 V/50 Hz ~ 60 Hz Output 9 VDC/1.5 A|
|Overall Dimension||1.96 in × 6.29 in × 9.37 in (50 mm × 160 mm × 238 mm)|
|Weight||2.20 lbs (1.0 kg)|
|Working Temperature||-4 °F ~ 122 °F (-20 °C ~ 50 °C)|
|Working Humidity||20% ~ 90%|
- Sturdy and durable, waterproof and dustproof, high anti-jamming capability.
- Using PO port communication software can upgrade instrument system function.
- 26000 colours true color screen super bright display, height is adjustable, suitable for highlight and weak light environment.
- High performance and safety and environmental protection Li battery powered, can continuously work for 10 hours.
- Communicate with the computer, realize computer data management, and derive Excel format, A4 paper’s detection report.
- Built-in industry’s detection standard.
- Strobe sound-light alarm.
- Displays flaw echo location automatically (depth, level, distance, wave amplitude).
- Two input modes: angular probe angle and K value.
- Automatic gain, echo envelope, peak value memory function improves the efficiency of detect flaw.
- Switching four scale mode freely: depth, sonic path distance, projection, and curve.
|1.5 A/9 V Power Adapter||1|
|Probe Connecting Cable||2|
|Straight Probe||3/4” 2.5 MHz (One)|
|Angle Probe||8×9 60° 4 MHz (One)|
|Communication Software for PC||1 set|
Overview of the Instrument
Designation of the Instrument’s Components
Select setting——>select probe type——>auto calibrate probe and other
Settings——>make curve (DAC, AVG)——>save setting——>start flaw detecting
Using of Power Supply
The detector will switch the power supply to battery automatically when the power supply adapter is turned off. The batteries will be charged automatically when the device, which is equipped with the battery, is power supplied with the adapter.
Working with Battery
Indicator for charging
At the higher left corner of the device’s horizontal scale, there are symbols for battery voltage:
If it shows the symbol for low voltage, you must stop detection immediately and use the adapter or charge it.
Charging the Li-Battery
You can charge the Li battery by using an external battery charger. It is recommended to charge by using the power adapter in the standard kit of the instrument. Before using the charger, please read carefully the Operation Instructions for it. The continuous charging time for Li (4.8 Ah) battery is about 4 h~ 5 h. During the charging, Rapid Charging indicator lamp (green) will light up; when the charging completes, the Rapid Charging indicator lamp goes out.
Connecting the Probe
The proper probe shall be connected when using the device to inspect. So long that you have a proper cable, and the working frequency is within a proper range, any probe made by the company is suitable for the device. The probe connector for the instrument is BNC.
The probe shall be connected to the socket at top of the instrument casing. Both connector sockets, have a different function, sending socket at left (with T mark) and receiving socket at right (with R mark). With Single-Probe mode, the sending socket can be used only. When connecting a double-wafer (TR) probe (one wafer for sending, another for receiving) or two probes (one for sending, another for receiving), take care that the sending probe shall be connected to the sending socket and receiving probe to the receiving socket. Otherwise, it may result in loss or disorder echo waveform.
- Press to turn on/off the instrument.
- Press to initialize the channels, or to initialize the channels and files.
- Press to turn the pages and choose “select file”. To select. To exit.
- Press select the channel number, to confirm and enter the channel.
- Use move to “DELET L.P”. Press to delete the channel.
Straight Probe Calibration
- Turn on and choose a channel. Move to “RANGE” and adjust to “0250 mm”
- Set probe. Type: , FREQ: 02.5, P-SIZE: 0.79 in (20) mm.
- Press to adjust the Gain, make the echo 100 take over about 80% of the screen like the picture
- Press move to “P-DELAY”, press to enter.
- Adjust RANGE, move Gate to cover the echo, enter DATUM. Long Press to finish calibration.
- Under the straight probe type, input all the probe parameters (probe frequency, size), Calibrate the probe zero.
- Adjust RANGE and GAIN and display the large flat wave in the screen with the ratio of 80%.
- Turn the menu to the page of DAC, Move the select box to the option of AVG, press to enter it.
- Press to confirm the AVG reference point.
- Move the select box to the option of REF DIA, press and input the hole diameter which needs to be converted into.
- Move the select box to the option of FLAT WAY, press .
- Move the select box to the option of AVG, press , Produce the AVG curve of datum hole diameter (Φ 2.0)
Angle Probe Calibration 1
- After choosing a channel, turn to the menu BASE and set the RANGE as 4.92 in (125 mm). Set probe parameters (angle probe type, probe frequency, size).
- Press to adjust GAIN and display the highest echo of R100 in the screen with a ratio of 80%.
- Press Move the select box to the P-DELAY, long press to enter it. Adjust the detection RANGE, move the gate to cover this echo and input the reflective distance DATUM.
- Long press , Wait a moment to finish the calibration.
- Keep up the probe stabilized and measure the distance of L1, press to CAL. Input (100-L1) mm into X-VALUE.
Angle Probe Calibration 2
- After finishing the last step, Press to adjust GAIN and display the highest echo of datum hole in the screen with a ratio of 80%.
- Press , move the select box to the option of ANGLE. Long press to enter ANGEL calibration.
- Press , move the gate to cover the highest echo of this datum hole. Input the datum hole diameter REF DIA as 1.97 in (50 mm) and the DEPTH as 1.18 in (30 mm).
- Long press , enter into the probe angle automatic calibrating. Wait a moment to finish the calibration.
- After Zero, front distance and K value calibrating are finished, select appropriate detection range, start to search the highest echo of the reference point which depth is 0.39 in (10 mm).
- Press to adjust an appropriate gain and display the highest echo of the reference point which depth is 0.39 in (10 mm) in the screen with a ratio of about 90%.
- Press turn the page to DAC. Press , enter DAC 3C. Press move the gate to cover the highest echo of this reference point, Press Confirm the first point.
- Search the highest echo of the transversal wave of the second reference point which depth is 1.18 in (30 mm). Press , Move the gate to cover the highest echo of this reference point, Press Confirm the second point.
- Search the highest echo of the transversal wave of the third reference point which depth is 1.97 in (50 mm). Press .
- Move the gate to cover the highest echo of this reference point. Long press to open the Automatic Gain and the echo is promoted into 80%. Then long press again to close Automatic Gain.
- Press to confirm the third reference point. Press Produce the master curve and enter into the DAC Offset Set.
- If a reference point except the first reference point needs to be modified at this moment, please search the highest echo of the transversal wave of this reference point again. Press to modify and confirm the reference point again.
- Press to modify and confirm the master curve again. Press Input the offsets of RL, SL, EL, DAC compensating amount successively.
- Press Move the select box to the option of 3 POINT, press , Produce the DAC curve.
- If the DAC offset or DAC compensating parameter needs to be modified, press to DAC menu.
- Press Enter the DAC Parameter Set Menu. Press Input the RL, SL, EL (DAC offset) or DAC compensating amount again.
- Press , move the select box to the option of 3 POINT. Press to update DAC curve.
- Under the angle probe mode, input all the probe parameters (probe frequency, chip size), finish calibrating the probe zero, calibrating the probe front distance, and calibrating the K value.
- Press , Input the work piece thickness MTL THK, Search the highest echo of work piece weld defect. At this moment, move the gate to cover the highest echo of this defect. Input the weld parameter, move the select box to W DIST and press , to display the weld.
- Press first, Then press , Enter to Record. The screen is in the frozen state at this moment.
- Press , Move the select box to the option of File Name (F.NAME).
- Press modify the first character of the file name. Press to move the cursor under the character, Press to modify the character of the file name.
- Press Move the select box to the option of NO.020.
- Press , Execute the file record. After the record is finished, back to normal operation interface.
Data Recall and Copy
- Press to enter the RECALL. The last recorded file is replaying at this moment.
- Press Select the file number. Press to read the file.
- Press , Move the select box to the option of File UPLOAD, press to upload the current file to the computer.
- Press , Move the select box to the option of COPY, press Copy the parameters of current file into the current working channel (which is overriding the information of current channel).
- Press to enter the RECALL. The last recorded file is replaying at this moment.
- Press , Move the select box to the option of P DELET, press, Display the delete hint. If press , delete the last file and exit the RECALL. Press , delete all the files and exit the RECALL menu.
Communication for the Instrument
The instrument is equipped with USB interface, can achieve communication with PC at up level. Connect the instrument with PC USB interface, and enter into the special operation software Data View for the instrument at PC.
USB connecting way
One end of the standard USB cable connects with USB interface of the instrument, another end with USB port of PC. The instrument will upload the images and data saved through USB port to PC. The customer software installed on PC can edit, save or print the images and data.
Maintenance and Repairing
Requirement on Environment
- Avoid seriously bumping, heavy dust, damp, strong magnetic field, and greasy dirt, etc.
- It is strictly forbidden to wipe the casing with any solvent substance.
Charging the Battery
The status sign for battery on ELD reflects in real time the condition of battery voltage. When the battery voltage is too low, i.e. when the status sign for battery on ELD becomes the sign of under voltage in the following, you have to charge the instrument as soon as possible.
The charging way is as follows (you can charge either with the instrument on or off):
- Insert the power plug of the power adapter into the charging socket.
- Connect the power adapter with 220 V/50 Hz local power supply, both the charging indicator lamp (red) and rapid charging indicator lamp (green) light up.
- When the rapid charging indicator lamp (green) goes out, the battery is fully charged. In a normal case, you can charge full the battery in about 4.5 h.
- Pull off the charging plug, the charging ends.
If the following failures occur
- The instrument can’t turn off automatically
- Can’t measure
- The keys don’t work
- The measurements change frequently
The user shall not open the instrument and repair it by himself. After filling the Warranty Card, please send the instrument to the company.
The design of the instrument meets relative safety standard. During the operation, it shall meet the specified external ambient condition, and the operator shall be furnished with a concerned technology background, so as to guarantee safe operation. Before putting the instrument into operation, please read carefully the following tips on safety:
System Power Supply
The instrument can be supplied power either with external power adapter or Li-ion battery. When selecting power adapter and battery, please use the products recommended by the company.
Any software may have the error, but we have done our best to minimize the probability of this kind of error. The software of this instrument has passed an overall and strict test.
When the following abnormal situation happens, it means there is a fault in the instrument, please turn off it and take out the battery if necessary. And send the instrument to a specified service point for repairing.
- The instrument has suffered obvious mechanical damage (e.g. serious extrusion or collision during transportation).
- The instrument keyboard or screen display is abnormal.
- It is stored in an environment with high temperature, high humidity or that is corrosive.