GAOTek Thermometer with Auto Power Off (Light Weight) is a non-contact temperature tester to measure the object’s surface for the temperature ranges from 392 °F~3002 °F (200 °C~1650 °C).This device consists of optics system, temperature sensor signal amplifier, processing circuit and a LCD display. The optics collect the infrared energy emitted by object and focus onto the sensor. Then the sensor translates this energy into an electric signal which is displayed in digital format on the LCD by the signal amplifier and the processing circuit.
- Non-contact design
- Suitable for industrial temperature test
- Data store recall function
- High and low temperature alarm setup function
- Data hold function
- °C / °F selection
- Laser target point ON/OFF selection
- Backlight ON/OFF selection
- Auto power off
- Low battery indication
|Temperature Range||392 °F ~ 3002 °F (200 °C ~ 1650 °C)|
|Accuracy||±2.7 °F (±1.5 °C) or ±1.5 % whichever is greater|
|Resolution||0.1 °F or 0.1 °C|
|Repeatability||1% of reading or 1 °C|
|Response Time||500 ms, 95% response|
|Spectral Response||8 µm -14 µm|
|Emissivity||0.10~1.00 Adjustable (0.95 preset)|
|Distance to Spot Size||50:1|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F ~ 104 °F (0 °C ~ 40 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 % – 95 %RH non-condensing, up to 86 °F (30 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 °F ~ 140 °F (-20 °C ~ 60 °C)|
|Power||9 V Alkaline or NiCd battery|
|Battery Life (Alkaline)||Non-laser mode: 22 hrs;
Laser models: 12 hrs
|Dimension||5.55 in × 2.36 in × 7.87 in (141 mm × 60 mm × 200 mm)|
|Weight||0.59 lbs (270 g)|
LCD display & buttons
C.Laser on icon
D.Back light on icon
E.Battery power icon
G.Data hold icon
I.Data storage/read icon
J.Low temperature alarm icon
K.High temperature alarm icon
Operating the unit
- Open the battery door and insert a 9 V battery properly.
- Pull the trigger to turn on the
- Aim at the target surface and pull the trigger, then temperature will be shown on the LCD.
This unit is equipped with a laser, which is only used for aiming.
Locating a Hot Spot
To find a hot spot, aim the thermometer outside the area of interest, then scan across with an up and down motion until you locate the hot spot.
Distance to Spot size
- When taking measurement, pay attention to the Distance to Spot Size. As the Distance (D) from the target surface increases, the spot size (S) of the area measured by the unit becomes larger.The Distance to Spot size of the unit is 50:1.This unit is equipped with a laser, which is used for aiming.
- Field of view:
Make sure the target is larger than the unit’s spot size. The smaller the target the closer measure distance.When accuracy is critical, make sure the target is at least twice as large as the spot size.
(1) Trigger: Turn on LCD display VERXX software version for 1 sec. And turn to display reading with SCAN icon. Release the trigger, display reading with HOLD icon. Built in auto power off in 30 sec.
(2) Laser/back light button: When back light is turned on, back light will remain on for any operation for 10 sec. LCD indicate on/off status.
(3)-(6) Key functions: press 3 key, LCD sub display blinks MAX-MIN-DIF-AVG-HAL-LAL-STO-EMS segment (only main display means normal measuring mode), press 4 key to enter.
- MAX: measuring maximum temperature
- MIN: measuring minimum temperature
- DIF: Basic on the reading before press 4 key, compute the difference of current
- AVG: measuring average temperature
- HAL: high temperature alarm–when selected HAL, press 5 keys to set high temperature alarm trigger and confirm by pressing 4 key. When reading over trigger, LCD displays HI icon with BiBi audio
- LAL: low temperature alarm–when selected LAL, press 5 keys to set low temperature alarm trigger and confirm by pressing 4 When reading over trigger, LCD displays LOW icon with BiBi audio sounds.
- STO: data storage–when selected STO, lock & DATA & 1—indicator will show when press 4 key. After temperature read out, press 6 key to store, then 2— memory unit will be shown. There 12 groups memory unit available. To recall the stored data in normal measuring mode, press 6 key; remove all data by pressing 6 keys for 3
- EMS: Emissivity setup– press 5 key for emissivity settings, press 4 key to save setup and back to normal
(7) Celsius/ Fahrenheit switch: Please open battery and push the slide switch for conversion.
- Lens Cleaning:
Blow off loose particles using clean compressed air. Gently brush remaining debris away with a moist cotton swab. The swab may be moistened with water.
- Case cleaning:
Clean the case with a damp sponge/cloth and mild soap.
- Do not use solvent to clean plastic lens.
- Do not submerge the unit in water.