GAOTek Infrared Thermometer with Dual Laser Target (Trigger Lock) is a non-contact Infrared thermometer which provides fast, easy and accurate readings for a wide measurement range of -58 °F to 1562 °F (-50 °C to 850 °C). It can measure the surface temperature for almost all objects under proper operation and protection and can be used for years. It has wide industrial applications as it comes with the automatic emissivity feature which is adjustable.
- Max, Min DIF, AVG record
- Works for a temperature range -58 °F to 1562 °F (-50 °C to 850 °C).
- High accuracy and sensitivity
- High optical resolution and LCD display with backlight
- Laser targeting, conversion and trigger lock
- Over range indication and adjustable emissivity
- Automatic power off and alarm when over-high/low
- Laser ON/OFF switch
- Automatic Data Hold
|Range||58 °F to 1562 °F (-50 °C to 850 °C)|
|Resolution||0.1 ° < 1000 °, 1 ° > 1000 °|
|Accuracy||±1.5% of reading|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 1.00 adjustable|
|Field of View||D/S = Approx,12:1 Ratio (D = Distance, S = Spot or target)|
|Laser Pointer||Dual, Class 2 laser <1 mW Power; Wavelength is 630 nm to 670 nm|
|IR Spectral Response||8 µm to 14 µm (wavelength)|
|Repeatability||± 0.5 % of reading or ± 1 °C (1.8 °F) whichever is greater|
|Display||Backlight LCD display with functional indicators|
|Response Time||150 ms|
|Over range Indication||“————-”|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 % to 90 % RH operating, <80 % RH storage|
|Storage Temperature||14 °F to 140 °F (-10 °C to 60 °C)|
|Power Supply||9 V Battery|
|Automatic Power Off||7 seconds, with LOCK to disable|
|Weight||0.33 lbs (150 g)|
|Dimensions||7.08 in × 4.21 in × 1.57 in (180 mm × 107 mm × 40 mm)|
1. Product Description
- Dual Laser Targeting
- LCD display
- Function Menu
- Measuring trigger
- Battery cover
- Scanning and measuring procedure
- Hold and keep the last measuring data
- Emissivity setting
- ‘F and ‘C swift
- Main temperature display
- Low voltage warning
- Function transformation zone
3. Operation Instruction
- Point the instrument to the surface of the object you want to measure and press the trigger.
- lt can display temperature, max temperature, min temperature, difference value, average value, max warning point, min warning point, external probe(not used in this product) measurement unit.
- The measuring result will stay on the screen for 7 sec after the trigger is loosen and it will be powered off if no operation is done.
Notice: Press the “MODE” button for 2 sec when the instrument is on to swift between ‘F and ‘C.
Dual laser spot
Dual laser distance is within 47.24 in (120 cm). And the temperature be measured is 3.93 in (10 cm) in diameter range in this distance.
Dual laser’s on and off
- Press and loose the trigger
- When “hold” is displayed, press the laser backlit button to power on and off the laser and to switch the backlit.
- Laser will be remained stored stage until it changes to another model.
Max Temperature Display
The max temperature is displayed in “MAX” after the temperature measurement is finished.
- Press and loose trigger.
- Press the backlit button when the screen shows “HOLD” to switch backlit.
- When the backlit is on, it will light up the screen.
- Backlit will be remained stored stage until it changes to another model.
Press up and down button to adjust emissivity when it shows “HOLD”. The emissivity of this instrument is between 0.1-1.0.
Remark: backlit will consume the power of battery. Turn it off when you need not.
MODE menu operation
- lt can enter max value, min value, average value, max alarm point, min alarm point, external probe(not be used).
- Press and loose the trigger when it shows “HOLD”. Press the “MODE” to enter the next program.
Only shows the max data when measuring
Only shows the min data when measuring
Shows the difference between the first and subsequent data.
Shows the average between the first and subsequent data.
To set the max alarm temperature, press the up and down menu.
To set the min alarm temperature, press the up and down menu.
Alarm when temperature is too high or too low
This product can alarm when the temperature is too high or too low.
It can release voice to remind users.
You can set the alarm temperature through the “MODE” menu. It can be remain the setting when it is power on until the setting is cancelled.
F or C can be set by the temperature unit switch menu, press the MODE menu for 2 sec.
Over Range Alarm Function
If the temperature is beyond the instrument can measured, it will shows “—-“on the screen.
When it shows low power signals “LOG”, please replace battery (QV). The battery is under the trigger.
Do not discard the used battery into the dustbin.
The object to be measured must larger than the vision field of the instrument. Keep the object surface clean and free from frost, oil and dirt etc. when measuring. If the object to be measured is easy to reflect, cover it by adhesive tape or black paint before measuring. The object to be measured is transparent such as glass may not have an accurate result. Steam, dust, smog etc can inﬂuence the measuring result. This instrument can adjust the environment temperature deviation. But if the deviation is huge it may cost about 30 minutes to adjust. To ﬁnd a hot spot, please point the object from top to bottom and from left to right until you ﬁnd it out.
Distance Co-efficient Ratio
The distance coefficient ratio of this product is 12:1. For example, if the object to be measured is 28.34 in (72 cm) far from the instrument, then the diameter of the object must bigger the 2.36 in (6 cm). It can measure proper distance but can be influenced by other light source.
Emissivity and Infrared Temperature Measurement Principle
Infrared thermometer is an instrument that measures the surface temperature. lt goes through infrared emission, reﬂection and is then converted into energy. Thermometer converts the electrical signals into temperature reading displayed on the LCD. The infrared energy object can release is in direct proportion with its temperature and emissive power. This is called emissivity and is related to the material and gloss of the object. The emissivity value ranges from 0.1 to 1.0. The emissivity of most organic material and paint and the surface be oxidized is 0.95. If there is any problem, please set the emissivity to be 0.95.
Emissivity values of common materials
|Material under test||Emissivity||Material under test||Emissivity|
|Asphalt||0.90 to 0.95||Cloth (black)||0.93|
|Cement||0.96||Leather||0.75 to 0.80|
|Soil||0.92 to 0.96||Lacquer||0.80 to 0.9|
|Water||0.92 to 0.96||Lacquer (matt)||0.97|
|Ice||0.95 to 0.98||Rubber (black)||0.94|
|Snow||0.83||Plastic||0.85 to 0.95|
|Glass||0.90 to 0.95||Timber||0.90|
|Ceramic||0.90 to 0.94||Paper||0.70 to 0.9|
|Plaster||0.80 to 0.90||Copper Oxides||0.78|
|Mortar||0.89 t0 0.91||Iron Oxides||0.78 to 0.82|
|Brick||0.93 to 0.96||Textiles||0.90|