GAOTek Infrared Thermometer with High Accuracy (Portable) is designed to read surface temperature ranges from 25.6 to 986 °F (-32 to 550 °C) in just less than a second.It is compact, rugged and safely to read hot, hazardous or hard-to-reach objects without contact. This is a professional digital IR thermometer with a larger than normal measurement range. A switch on the digital LCD display allows you to easily switch between degree C and degree F. The easy to read display has a white backlight, which can be turned on and off with another button on the display.
- Red laser point for precise aiming
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Auto Shut-Off
- Data Hold Function
- Low Battery Indicator
|Temperature Range||-25.6 °F to 986 °F (-32 °C to 550 °C)|
|Accuracy||+/- (2% + 35.6 °F (2°C))|
|Distance Spot Ratio||12:1|
|Repeatability||1 % of reading or 33.8 °F (1 °C)|
|Response Time||500 ms. 95 % response|
|Spectral Response||5 um ~ 14 um|
|Ambient Operating Range||32 °F ~ 120 °F (0 °C ~ 50 °C)|
|Relative Humidity||10 %~ 95 % RH|
|Storage Temperature||-4 °F ~ 140 °F (- 20 °C ~ 60 °C)|
|Weight||0.45 lbs (205 g)|
|Power||9 V Alkaline or NiCd battery|
|Battery Life||16 Hrs (Alkaline)|
|Dimension||5.98 in x 3.85 in x 1.496 in (152 x 98 x 38 mm)|
|Operating Humidity||0 %~ 70 % (R.H.)|
- GAOTek Thermometer with High Accuracy (Portable)
- User Manual
How it Works:
Infrared Thermometer measures the surface temperature of an object .The unit’s optics sense emitted, reflected and transmitted energy which is collected and focused onto a detector. The unit’s electronics translate the information into a temperature reading which is displayed on the unit. For increased ease and accuracy the laser pointer makes aiming even more precise.
- When taking measurement, point the thermometer towards the object to be measured and hold the yellow trigger .The object under test should be larger than the spot size calculated by the field of view diagram.
- Distance & spot size: As the distance from the object increases, the spot size of measuring area becomes larger.
- Field of view: Make sure the target is larger than the unit’s spot size. The smaller the target the closer measure distance. When accuracy is critical, make sure the target is at least twice as large as the spot size.
- Emissivity: The default value for this device is 0.95, the same as of most Organic Materials, paint and oxidizing material.
Quick Start Instruction:
- Press battery door clip,install battery correctly.Pull the trigger,LCD display reading & battery icon.Release the trigger.
LCD Display :
A.Laser spot open symbols.
B.Data measurement flag
C.Low battery voltage flag.
D.Celsius Temperature unit symbols
E.Farahenheit temperature unit symbols
F.Data hold symbol
G.Backlit open symbols
- Locating a hot spot:To find a hot spot aim the thermometer outside the area of interest,then scan across with up and down motions until you locate the hot spot.(Please turn on the laser for accurate measuring)
- Trigger:When pulling the trigger LCD display reading with SCAN icon.Release the trigger,display reading with HOLD icon.
- Battery door:When replace battery door please using the finger indents to pull open the battery door.
- Backlight on/off switch
- Laser on/off switch
- Celsius/Farahenheit switch button
- Lens Cleaning:
Blow off loose particles using clean compressed air. Gently brush remaining debris away with a moist cotton swab. The swab may be moistened with water.
- Case cleaning:
Clean the case with a damp sponge/cloth and mild soap.
- Do not use solvent to clean plastic lens.
- Do not submerge the unit in water.