- Celsius/Fahrenheit switchable
- Equipped with a laser for aiming
- Temperature hold
- LCD backlight
- 20 seconds auto power off
- Light weight and easy operation
- Equipped with USB data export function: There are 12 groups memory unit available
|Temperature Range||-22 °F~3002 °F (-30 °C~1650 °C)|
|Accuracy||32 °F~3002 °F (0 °C~1650 °C) :± 2.7 °F
(±1.5 °C) or±1.5 %
-22 °F~32 °F (-30 °C~0 °C):± 5 °F (±3 °C) whichever is greater
|Resolution||0.1 °C or 0.1 °F|
|Repeatability||1 % of reading or 35.6 °F (1 °C)|
|Response time||0.5 – 0.8 Sec, 95 % response|
|Spectral response||8-14 um|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 1.00 adjustable (pre-set 0.95)|
|Distance to Spot size||50:1|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F~104 °F (0 °C~40 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 95 % RH non-condensing, up to 30 °C (86 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-45 °F ~ 140 °F (-20 °C~60 °C)|
|Power||9 V Alkaline battery or NiCd Battery|
|Typical battery life||Non-laser mode: 22 hrs; Laser mode: 12 hrs|
|Weight||0.59 lbs (270 g)|
|Dimension||5.55 in × 2.36 in × 7.87 in (141 mm × 60 mm × 200 mm)|
A. Distance to Spot Size
1. When taking measurement, pay attention to the Distance to Spot Size. As the Distance (D) from the target surface increases, the spot size (S) of the area measured by the unit becomes larger. The Distance to Spot size of the unit is 20:1. This unit is equipped with a laser, which is used for aiming.
2. Field of view:
Make sure the target is larger than the unit’s spot size. The smaller the target, the closer measured distance. When the accuracy is critical, make sure the target is at least twice as large as the spot size.
Emissivity: Most organic materials and painted or oxidized surfaces have an emissivity of 0.95 (pre-set in the unit). Inaccurate readings will result from measuring shiny or polished metal surfaces. To compensate for this, adjust the unit’s emissivity reading or cover the surface to be measured with masking tape or flat black paint. Measure the tape or painted surface when the tape or painted reach the same temperature as the material underneath.
a. Operating the unit
b. Locating a hot spot
D. LCD Display and Buttons
1. LCD display
A: Measuring reading
B: Measuring unit
C: Laser on icon
D: Back light on icon
E: Battery power icon
F: Scanning icon
G: Data hold icon
H: Mode/emissivity indicator
I: Data storage / read icon
J: Low temperature alarm icon
K: High temperature alarm icon
2. Diagram Description (Figure 2)
- Trigger: When turn on LCD display VERXX software version for 1 sec. And turn to display reading with SCAN icon. Release the trigger, display reading with HOLD icon. Built-in auto power off in 30 sec.
- Laser/back light button: When back light turn on, any operations will remain back light for 10 sec. LCD indicate on/off status.
- (6) Key functions: Press 3 key, LCD sub-display blinks MAX-MIN-DIF-AVG-HAL-LAL-STO-EMS segment (only main display means normal measuring mode) press 4 key to enter.
- MAX: Measuring maximum temperature
- MIN: Measuring minimum temperature
- DIF: Basic on the reading before press 4 key, compute the difference of current reading.
- AVG: Measuring average temperature
- HAL: High temperature alarm–When selected HAL, press 5 keys to set high temperature alarm trigger and confirmed by pressing 4 key. When reading over trigger, LCD display HI icon with BiBi audio sounds.
- LAL: Low temperature alarm–When selected LAL, press 5 keys to set low temperature alarm trigger and confirmed by pressing 4 key. When reading over trigger, LCD display LOW icon with BiBi audio sounds
- STO: Data storage–When selected STO, lock & DATA & 1—indicator will show when we press 4 key. After temperature read out press 6 key to store, then 2—memory unit will be shown. There are 12 groups memory unit available. To recall the stored data in normal measuring mode by pressing 6 key, remove all data by pressing 6 keys for 3 seconds.
- EMS: Emissivity setup– Press 5 key for emissivity settings, press 4 key to save setup and back to normal status.
4. (7) Celsius / Fahrenheit switch: Please open battery and push the slide switch for conversion.
- Lens Cleaning:
Blow off loose particles using clean compressed air. Gently brush remaining debris away with a moist cotton swab. The swab may be moistened with water.
- Case cleaning: Clean the case with a damp sponge/cloth and mild soap.
- Do not use solvent to clean plastic lens.
- Do not submerge the unit in water.
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Cable
- 1 x Thermometer
- 1 x CD
- 1 x Box