The GAOTek Infrared Thermometer with Wide Range (Storage, High Accuracy) is used for measuring the temperature range of -58 °F ~ 1652 °F (-50 °C ~ 900 °C) for various hot, hazardous, or hard to reach object’s surface, safely and quickly. The Optics collects the infrared energy emitted by object and focuses it on to the sensor. The sensor then translates the energy into an electricity signal which then turns the signal into a digital display on the LCD after passing through the signal amplifier and the processing circuit.
- Non-contact design
- Rugged design offers efficient use in industrial temperature test
- Data store recall function: There 12 groups of memory units available.
- High and low temperature alarm set-up function
- MAX/MIN/AVG/DIF function
- Celsius and Fahrenheit function
- Laser target point
- Backlight LCD for use in dim light condition
- Auto-shut OFF
- Low battery indication
|Temperature Range||-58 °F ~ 1652 °F (-50 °C ~ 900 °C)|
|Accuracy||32 °F ~ 1652 °F (0 °C ~ 900 °C) : 2.7 °F (1.5 °C)
or 1.5 %
-58 °F ~ 32 °F (-50 °C ~ 0 °C): 5 °F (3 °C)
Whichever is greater
|Resolution||0.1°C or 0.1°F|
|Repeatability||1% of reading or 35.6 °F (1 °C)|
|Response time||500 msec, 95 % response|
|Spectral response||8-14 um|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 1.00 adjustable (pre-set 0.95)|
|Distance to Spot size||12:1|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F~104 °F (0 °C~40 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 % to 95 % RH non-condensing, up to 86 °F (30°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-45 °F ~140 °F (-20 °C ~ 60 °C)|
|Power||9V Alkaline battery or NiCd Battery|
|Typical battery life||Non-laser mode: 22 hrs; Laser models: 12 hrs|
|Weight||0.48 lbs (220g)|
|Dimension||6.88 in ×3.93 in ×1.92 in (175mm × 100 mm × 49 mm)|
A. Distance to spot size
- When take measurement, pay attention to the Distance to Spot Size. As the Distance (D) from the target surface increases, the spot size (S) of the area measured by the unit becomes larger. The Distance to Spot size of the unit is 12:1. This unit is equipped with a laser, which is used for aiming
- Field of view:
Make sure the target is larger than the unit’s spot size. The smaller the target, the closer measured distance. When accuracy is critical, make sure the target is at least twice as large as the spot size.
Emissivity: Most organic materials and painted or oxidized surfaces have an emissivity of 0.95 (pre-set in the unit). Inaccurate readings will result from measuring shiny or polished metal surfaces. To compensate for this, adjust the units’ emissivity reading or cover the surface to be measured with masking tape or flat black paint. Measure the tape or painted surface when the tape or painted reach the same temperature as the material underneath.
- Operating the unit
1) Open the battery door and insert a 9V battery properly.
2) Pull the trigger to turn on the unit;
3) Aim at the target surface and pull the trigger, then temperature will be shown on the LCD.
This unit is equipped with a laser, which is only used for aiming.
- Locating a Hot Spot
To find a hot spot, aim the thermometer outside of interest, then scan across with an up and down motion until you locate the hot spot. (Figure 1)
- LCD display:
A: Measuring reading
B: Measuring unit
C: Laser on icon
D: Back light on icon
E: Battery power icon
F: Scanning icon
G: Data hold icon
H: Mode/emissivity indicator
I: Data storage/read icon
J: Low temperature alarm icon
K: High temperature alarm icon
- Trigger: When turn on LCD display VERXX software version for 1 sec. And turn to display reading with SCAN icon. Release the trigger, display reading with HOLD icon. Built-in auto power off in 30 sec.
- Laser / back light button: When back light turn on, any operations will remain back light for 10 sec. LCD indicate on/off status.
- (6) key functions: Press 3 key, LCD sub-display blinks MAX-MIN-DIF-AVG-HAL-LAL-STO-EMS segment (only main display means normal measuring mode) Press 4 key to enter.
- MAX: Measuring maximum temperature
- MIN: Measuring minimum temperature
- DIF: Basic on the reading before press 4 key, compute the difference of current reading.
- AVG: Measuring average temperature
- HAL: High temperature alarm–when selected HAL, press 5 keys to set high temperature alarm trigger and confirmed by pressing 4 key. When reading over trigger, LCD display HI icon with BiBi audio sounds.
- LAL: Low temperature alarm–when selected LAL, press 5 keys to set low temperature alarm trigger and confirmed by pressing 4 key. When reading over trigger, LCD display LOW icon with BiBi audio sounds
- STO: Data storage–when selected STO, lock & DATA & 1—indicator will be shown when we press 4 key. After temperature read out press 6 key to store, then 2—memory unit will be shown. There are 12 groups of memory units available. To recall the stored data in normal measuring mode by pressing 6 key, remove all data by pressing 6 keys for 3 seconds.
- h. EMS: Emissivity setup– Press 5 key for emissivity settings, press 4 key to save set-up and back to normal status.
- Celsius / Fahrenheit switch: Please open battery and push the slide switch for conversion.
- Lens Cleaning:
Blow off loose particles using clean compressed air. Gently brush remaining debris away with a moist cotton swab. The swab may be moistened with water.
- Case cleaning:
Clean the case with a damp sponge/cloth and mild soap.
1) Do not use solvent to clean plastic lens.
2) Do not submerge the unit in water.