The GAOTek Laser Source with High Stability is a handheld device which provides convenience for optical network field work. This device provides high stability output power and stable output wavelength. This device can be widely used in various kinds of optical cable testing fields such as LAN, WAN, CAN, CATV, and long-distance fiber networks. Together with a optical power meter, this device can support stable light signals on many frequencies of wavelengths, test fiber loss and continuity accurately, and evaluate the transmission quality of fiber chains.
- Handheld, easy to operate
- Two to four wavelength optional
- Continuous light, modulated light output
- Output double wavelength or three wavelengths through single adapter
- Output three or four wavelength through double adapter
- High stabilization
- Auto shut off function without operation in 10 minutes
- Large LCD display, intuitive, easy to use
- LED backlight switch on/off
- Auto close back light in 8 seconds
- AA dry battery or Li battery
- Battery voltage display
- Low voltage checking and shut off design to save energy
- Automatic wavelength identification mode (with the help of corresponding power meter)
|Output Wavelength Switch||1310 nm±20 nm, 1550 nm±20 nm|
|Spectral Width||≤5 nm|
|Output Optical Power||≥-7 dBm, ≥0 dBm (customized), 650 nm ≥0 dBm|
|Light Output Mode||
|Power Stability (Short time)||≤±0.05 dB/15 min|
|Power Stability (Long time)||≤±0.1 dB/5 h|
|Working Temperature||32 °F～104 °F (0 °C～40 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||14 °F～158 °F (-10 °C～70 °C)|
|Relative Humidity||≤ 90 % RH|
|Battery Working Duration||15 hours|
|Battery||2 pieces AA dry battery or Li battery|
|Size||6.29 in × 2.99 in × 1.10 in (160 mm × 76 mm × 28 mm)|
|Weight||0.48 lbs (0.22 kg)|
Output Laser Source:
GAO-VLS-101: 1310 nm, 1550 nm
- Power On/Off
Press “On” key 2 seconds to start the equipment, LCD displays operating wavelength, battery voltage and modulation state. When you open the device, it works on 1310 nm wavelength and continuous light output state; press “off” key 2 seconds to close the equipment. The system defaults auto-shutdown, auto shutdown logo is displayed on the screen. Open and turn off the automatic shutdown function: Press “off” button on the screen, auto-off mark disappear, which shows the automatic shutdown function is closed; and then press “off” button, automatic shutdown logo is displayed on the screen at this time has indicated that the automatic shutdown feature open. If there is no operation for 10 minutes, the equipment will automatically shut-down.
- Wavelength switch function
Pressing “λ“ button with power on, you can switch different wavelengths, and LCD screen displays the different output wavelength.
- Modulation output
Press the “Mode” button, you can achieve the modulated light 270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 330 Hz, 650 nm red light 2 Hz, —AU automatic wavelength identification mode (It can be used with the help of corresponding power meter, red light doesn’t have automatic wavelength identification mode), continuous light output. At the same time, on the LCD screen the equipment will show the corresponding modulation frequency of the state.
Press “ ” button to turn the backlight on or off. When the backlight is on, the sign will display on the screen, otherwise this sign will disappear. If the backlight is in a closed state, the operation of any function key will open the 8 seconds’ backlight except pressing “on” button.
When the battery voltage is low, the power indicator shows , when the battery voltage is lower than warning voltage, the equipment will alarm “Low voltage” every 20 seconds. When the battery voltage is lower than protection voltage, it will be in auto turn-off state. The equipment should be charged in time, charging time is about 4 to 6 hours, please observe the charger, if the charging indicator light becomes from red to green, which means the battery is full.
When the equipment is not in use, the user should immediately cover the dust cap to keep the adapter clean.
Faults & Solutions
|The instrument cannot be switched on||The battery is under low voltage||Charge the battery at once|
|No optical power output||The earthen core of the connector is broken||Replace the connector|
|The optical power is decreased||Connector and the inner light caudal fiber earthen core are dirty||Clean the earthen core using absorbent cotton with alcohol|
Please pay attention to the followings in order to keep the performance of the instrument and prolong its service time.
- The instrument should be avoided of mechanical oscillation, collision, fall off and any other mechanical damage.
- The light output connectors should be avoided the touch of the hard objects, dirty objects, acid, alkali and other caustic objects. Please cover the dustproof cap to avoid the dust and other bad chemical objects.
- Please clean the fiber jumper earthen port using alcohol and operate it after the alcohol is air-dry.
- It is forbidden that the user looks at the light output end directly when you operate the instrument to avoid the light burn the eye and skin.
- Clean the ceramic core regularly.
- The battery should be taken out if the instrument is out of operation for a long while, otherwise, the service time of battery will be affected.
Attention: The light source may hurt eyes, so it is forbidden that the user looks at the light output end directly when operating the instrument in order to avoid the light burn the eyes!
Note: If you use dry battery, do not recharge the battery. That is dangerous!