The GAOTek Multifunction Handheld Optical Power Meter belongs to a new generation of optical test meters which can be used for maintenance and operation of LAN, WAN, metropolitan networks, measurement of fiber loss, checking fiber quality, evaluating the transmission quality of fiber chain. It can also be used for linearity and non-linearity tests with an ability to display both direct and relative tests of optical power.
- Multi wavelength precise measurement
- 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz frequency light identification and indication
- Absolute and relative power measurements
- Handheld and Easy to use
- Large LCD backlight display
- Auto Off function
- Indicates low voltage
- Applicable to versatile adapters (FC, ST, SC, LC)
|Wavelength range||800 nm to 1700 nm|
|Measurement Range||-50 dBm to +26 dBm, -70 dBm to 3 dBm|
|Resolution||Linearity Display: 0.1 %|
Logarithm Display: 0.01 dBm
|Auto off duration||10 Minutes|
|Battery||4 Pcs AA Batteries (Lithium Battery is Optional )|
|Battery hold duration||Not Less Than 75 Hours(According to the Battery Volume)|
|Operating Temperature||(14 °F to 122 °F) -10 °C to 50 °C|
|Storage Temperature||(-22 °F to 140 °F )-30 °C to 60 °C|
|Dimension||7.8 in × 3.5 in × 1.6 in (200 mm × 90 mm × 43 mm)|
|Weight||0.94 lbs (430 g without batteries)|
- Turn on/turn off
The device can be turned on/off by pressing the key. The meter switches on the Auto-off function mode by default.
When the meter is on, short press key to activate the 10 minutes Auto-off function. Press the key again to close this function.
Press the button for more than 2 seconds to turn off the meter.
- dBm key
Press this button to show absolute optical power measurement value.
- λ key: wave length choice key
Out of six wavelengths, one can be chosen, namely 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, by pressing the λ key and the wave length which is chosen will be displayed on LCD screen. The default wavelength is 1310 nm; others are 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, 850 nm, 1300 nm.
4. REF key
Press this key, LCD shows the relative power value.
5. Backlight key: open/off backlight
Press this key to control the backlight on or off
6. 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2KHz frequency light identification
When the entering light is the range of 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz , the meter can identify the frequency automatically and show it on the LCD. This function should be used with the laser source.
- Please keep the sensor surface clean. Do not use the dirty or nonstandard adapter tie-in. Do not insert into the port which is poorly polished, otherwise, it will damage the sensor end
- Please operate carefully to replace adapter for different linker. The spare adapter should be stored hermetically to avoid the dust
- Please cover the dust-proof cover to keep the interface clean when the optical power meter is not used. Please do not put the sensor in the air, or some test error will be caused because of the dust
- Please clean the sensor end regularly
- In order to increase the battery life, please take out the battery if it is not used for a long time
Faults and Solutions
|LCD display is dark||Low voltage||Replace battery or charge|
|Big error for test result||Sensor’s surface is dirty||Clean sensor, Replace battery or charge.|
|There is nothing displayed when switch on this meter||The battery is under voltage/other reasons||Replace battery|
Charge Battery (Only for Rechargeable Battery)
During the use of the meter, if batteries are out of power, please charge them using the charger provided. The indicator light on the charger is red when charging, when indicator light is green, it means that the battery is fully charged. Charging time is about 4-5 hours.