GAOTek Optical Fiber Identifier with Signal Direction (Relative Core Power) is a portable and easy-to-use device which can quickly identify the direction of transmitted fiber and displays the relative core power without disrupting the traffic on that fiber. This device also recognizes modulations like, 270 Hz, 1 kHz and 2 kHz with continuous audible warning. When the traffic is present, the intermittently audible tone is activated. For this device, there are four adapter heads available: Ø0.25, Ø0.9, Ø2.0 and Ø3.0.
- Portable, compact size and easy-to-use with “One-Key” Operation
- Efficiently identifies the traffic direction and frequency tone (270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz) without any damage to the fibers
- Displays the relative core power of the tested fiber
- Durable metal housing and quality construction
- Low bending loss and high efficient output
- Easy to replace adaptors (Ø0.25, Ø0.9, Ø2.0, Ø3.0)
- Low battery indicator
|Identified Wavelength Range||800 nm -1700 nm|
|Identified Signal Type||CW, 270 Hz ±5 %, 1 kHz ±5 %, 2 kHz ±5 %|
|Detector Type||Ø1 mm InGaAs 2 pcs|
|Adapter Type||Ø0.25 (Applicable for Bare Fiber)
Ø0.9 (Applicable for Ø0.9 Cable)
Ø2.0 (Applicable for Ø2.0 Cable)
Ø3.0 (Applicable for Ø3.0 Cable)
|Signal Direction||left & right LED|
|Singal Direction Test Range
(dBm, CW/0.9 mm bare fiber)
|-46 dBm～10 dBm (1310 nm)|
|-50 dBm～10 dBm (1550 nm)|
|Signal Power Test Range
(dBm, CW/0.9 mm bare fiber)
|-50 dBm～10 dBm|
|Signal Frequency Display||270 Hz,1 KHz, 2 KHz|
|Frequency Test Range
(dBm, Average Value)
|Φ0.9，Φ2.0, Φ3.0||-30 dBm～0 dBm (270 Hz,1 KHz)|
|-25 dBm～0 dBm (2 KHz)|
|Φ0.25||-25 dBm～0 dBm (270 Hz,1 KHz)|
|-20 dBm～0 dBm (2 KHz)|
|Insertion Loss||0.8 dB (1310 nm)|
|2.5 dB (1550 nm)|
|Alkaline Battery||9 V|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F – 140 °F (-10 °C – 60 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F – 158 °F (-25 °C – 70 °C)|
|Dimension||7.71 in × 1.20 in × 1.06 in (196 mm × 30.5 mm × 27 mm)|
|Weight||0.44 lbs (200 g)|
Clamp and hold the fiber in a suitable location.
- Clamp Pushing Button
Push the button up and press downward to fix the adapter head.
Press the button again to loosen the adapter head.
- LED indicator
The LED indicator to show the signal direction, modulation and battery level.
How to use
Select the appropriate adaptor head according to the different types of fiber.
Clamp and loosen
- Please insert the fiber into the adapter head and then push the “clamp pushing button” up to clamp the fiber and test it.
- Please push forward slightly to loosen the adapter head.
- Push up the “clamp pushing button” to turn on the unit.
- Loosen the “clamp pushing button” to turn off the unit.
Optical Fiber Identification
- Insert the fiber to the adapter head, push the button up to lock clamp and cover sunshade.
- When optical signal passes the fiber, the LED illuminator will indicate the traffic’s direction with intermittently audible tone and the relative core power will also be displayed in digital format.
- If no optical signal passes the fiber, the LED illuminator is dead and the “LO” will be displayed in the relative core power position.
- Fiber identifier can also detect the presence of 2 KHz, 1 KHz and 270 Hz modulated tone with the continuously audible tone.
Battery Power Indication
- When the LED indicator is green, the battery power is full.
- When the LED indicator is yellow green, then the power is low but the instrument can still work and test result is still reliable.
- When the LED indicator is red, the power is too low and the instrument cannot work properly and you have to replace the battery.
- The fiber should be put in the groove according to the specific type.
- Please use the cotton swabs to clean the detector surface regularly to keep it from dust.
- Please take out the battery when it is not in use for a period of time.
- Optical Fiber Identifier
- User manual
- Portable Bag
- Adaptor Heads
- Cotton stick