The GAOTek Optical Power Meter with Multiple Adapters is used for optical network testing and features multi-wavelength precise measurement (ranging from 800 nm – 1700 nm) with a large data storage capacity. It fulfills the functions of a steady optical source and optical power meter simultaneously and can carry out both absolute and relative power tests. Additionally, it performs functions in optical loss tests for fiber, optical cable, and optical passive devices automatically. It is widely used in LAN, WLAN, MAN, CATV, long distance fiber network system as well as many other fiber testing fields.
- Multi-wavelength precise measurement for a wavelength ranging from 800 nm-1700 nm
- Single end for dual wavelength output, free switch from 1310 nm and 1550 nm
- Multi adapters (FC, SC, ST, LC for power meter; FC, ST, SC for light source)
- Absolute power measurement of dBm
- Relative power measurement of dB
- 1000 groups of test data storage and management
- Wavelength identification (with the help of light modulation and identification of 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz and auto wavelength identification mode)
- USB communication function can upload the test result to management software by USB port.
- Handheld, easy to operate, large LCD display
- Real-time clock function can real-time display the current time and provide recording time for data storage.
- Auto power off in 10 minutes and Backlight auto off in 10 s
- LED backlight on/off function
- Battery voltage monitoring display
- Under voltage indication and under voltage auto off
|Optical power meter module parameters|
|Wavelength Range||800 nm – 1700 nm
(1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, 850 nm and 1300 nm)
|Automatic Frequency Identification||270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz|
|Power Range||-50 dBm to 26 dBm, -70 dBm to 10 dBm|
|Resolution||Linearity: 0.1 %
Logarithm: 0.01 dBm
|Light source module parameters|
|Dual Working Wavelength Switch||1310 nm ± 20 nm
1550 nm ± 20 nm
|Spectral Width||≤5 nm|
|Output Optical Power||≥ -7 dBm, ≥ 0 dBm (customized)|
|Power Stability (Short time)||≤± 0.05 dB/15 min|
|Power Stability (Long time)||≤± 0.1 dB/5 h|
|Light Output mode||CW continuous light and 330 Hz, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz modulation output|
|Battery||7.4 V/1000 mAh Li- rechargeable battery or AA battery|
|Battery Life||≥90 h (only optical power meter)
≥24 h (optical power meter & laser source)
|Working Temperature||14 °F to 104 °F (-10 ℃ to 40 ℃)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 °F to 158 °F (-20 ℃ to 70 ℃)|
|Dimension (L x W x H)||7.87 in x 3.54 in x 1.69 in (200 mm × 90 mm × 43 mm)|
|Weight||0.95 lbs (0.43 Kg)|
Light Source output interface (When the light is turned on, please don’t look directly into optical output or connected fiber optic connectors, in order not to damage eyes)
OPM Connector: Optical power test interface
USB Port: The instrument communicates with the management software by USB port
Press “ ” for over 3 seconds, to open the tester. When the instrument is power-on, it defaults as optical power meter module and 1310 nm wavelength. LCD shows the working wavelength, optical power, battery power, modulation frequency identification and so on. Pressing “” for over 3 seconds when the tester is open, will shut the tester down. System defaults automatic power off in 10 minutes and the LCD will show “Auto-OFF”
Open and close auto-off function:
In optical power meter module, short pressing “”, auto-off function logo will disappear in LCD. It means auto-off function is closed. Short pressing “” again, auto-off function logo will show in LCD. It means auto-off function is open and the tester will shut down in 10 minutes without any operations.
Pressing “” can open or close the backlight. If the backlight is closed, any operation can open 10 seconds backlight.
Introduction to Optical Power Meter module
- Switch the measuring wavelengths
You can choose between six kinds of wavelengths: 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm and 1625 nm through this key. The chosen wavelength will be displayed in LCD screen. When the instrument is switched-on, it defaults the wavelength of 1310 nm, and circulates in order of 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, 850 nm and 1300 nm.
- Show absolute power and relative power value.
The instrument defaults the absolute measurement of optical power. The value displayed by main display 2 means logarithmic power value (dBm). The value displayed by main display 3 means linear power value (*W). On short pressing “▲”, the instrument enters optical source output state; short pressing “” will quit the laser source module and return back to optical power test state.
If you set laser in working state, these two modules can work at the same time.
Introduction to Light Source module
- Open and close light source
If it is the first time to enter into the status of light source output state, there is no output signal. “1310 nm”, “1550 nm” or “Closing the light source” can be chosen circularly by pressing “λ”.
- The modulation output of light source
When any wavelength is chosen, press “▲” or “▼” to realize the modulation selection of CW, 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz or AU (auto wavelength identification).
- Display the working status information of stable light source
The on the upper left of the LCD blinks all the time when there is some working light source. It is forbidden to look at the output end of laser source or the connector of the optical fiber when the light source is under the power on status. The LCD displays the corresponding wavelength and modulation status when the tester is under the module of stable light source. When it is back to the module of optical power, the LCD displays the information of optical power, as well as the corresponding working light source, it will indicate 1310 nm or 1550 nm on the upper side of “Main display 1 “or “Main display 3”. It also shows the modulation frequency of the light source on the upper side of LCD. When the light source is under the modulation of “Auto”, its corresponding working light source (1310 nm or 1550 nm） will blink all the time.
Under voltage indication
When it is under voltage, the indicator will show “”, and it will be powered off automatically if the voltage is lower than the protected value. Please change battery or charge it in time when it is under voltage. Charging time is 4 h – 6 h and when the indicator turns from red to green, voltage is full.
- The laser can cause damage to the eyes; do not look directly at the optical output or the connected fiber optic connectors when the light turned on, so as to not damage the eyes.
- If you use batteries, it is forbidden to charge the dry batteries to avoid danger.
- Avoid subjecting the instrument to shock, hit, fall and other mechanical damage.
- All types of optical output port adapters should be strictly avoided from touching hard objects, dirty, acid, alkali and corrosive substances. You should cover the dust proof cap when the instrument is not working, beware of dust or other harmful chemical erosion.
- Clean the ceramic core regularly.
- Use alcohol to clean the ceramic core fiber jumper end. You cannot use it until the alcohol is dry.
- When the instrument is being operated, it is forbidden to look at the output end of the laser instrument directly as the eyes or skin is likely to be burnt by the laser.
- Take the battery out if it is not used for a long time to avoid any effect on the battery life.
- Use the charging adapter supported by the model of instrument
|Cannot turn on the tester||Low voltage of battery||Charge the battery|
|Big test error||Sensor interface is dirty||Clean the sensor interface|
|Open light source but no optical power outputs.||Connector ceramic core damage||Change connector|
|Light source power becomes smaller||Connectors, internal laser fiber ceramic core are dirty||Clean the ceramic core with cotton dipped in alcohol|