GAOTek Portable Digital Sound Level Meter (Max Hold, Blister Card) is designed with 0.47 in (12.7) mm polarization capacitance microphone to meet the measurement requirement of Safety Engineers, Health, Industrial Safety offices and sound control in various environment. This meter indicates Low battery indicator and overload with over indicator and under indicator in the LCD display. It is used in factory, office, traffic, family and audio system. It has two equivalent weighted sound pressure levels A and C. It supports with fast and slow dynamic characteristic modes. It complies with IEC PUB 651 TYPE2 and ANSI S1.4 TYPE2 standards.
- Designed according to IEC PUB 651 TYPE2 and ANSI S1.4 TYPE2 standards.
- AC/DC output
- Max reading
- Barcode indicate the value
- Low battery indication
- Overload indication: over/under
|Measuring Range||30 dBA ~130 dBA; 35 dBC ~ 130 dBC|
|Accuracy||± 1.5 dB|
|Frequency response||31.5 Hz ~ 8.5 KHz|
|Measuring level||30 ~ 130, 40 ~ 90, 50 ~100, 60 ~ 110, 80 ~ 130|
|Frequency weighting||A and C|
|Sampling rate||2 times/second|
|Power Supply||1.5 V AA x 4 pcs or DC 6 V 100 mA adapter|
|Linearity range||50 dB/100 dB|
|Microphone||½ inch (12.7 mm) polarization capacitance microphone|
|Power supply||1.5 V AA alkaline cells or DC 6V 100 mA (maximum DC 9 V)|
|Power Life||About 30 hours ( alkaline battery)|
|Weight||0.66 lbs (178 g) (including battery)|
|Dimension||8.15 in x 2.75 in x 1.14 in (207 mm x 70 mmx 29 mm)|
|Humidity||10 % – 80 % RH|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F ~ 104 °F (0 °C ~40 °C)|
Please use a standard Acoustic Calibrator.
- Make the following settings
Equivalent Weight: A
Time Weight: FAST
Level Range: 60 to 110 dB
Measurement Mode: MAX function disable
- Insert the microphone carefully into the ½ inch hole of the Calibrator.
- Turn on the Calibrator and adjust the Protentiometer inside the battery compartment of the unit as shown below until the LCD display the desired level 94.0 dB.
The meter consists of:
- Electret Condenser Microphone
- LCD Display
- Power Switch
- Level range control switch :30 dB ~ 80 dB;50 dB ~ 100 dB;
60 dB ~ 110 dB;80 dB ~ 130 dB; 30 ~ 130 dB
- Maximum value hold switch (MAX)
- Equivalent weight switch
C: C weight for checking the frequency content of noise.
A: A weight for general sound level measurements
- Time Weight select switch
FAST: For normal measurements
SLOW: For checking average level of fluctuating noise
- AC output terminal:0.707 Vrms Corresponding to each range step
- DC output terminal :output 10 mv/dB
- Calibration control
- External DC 6 V power supply terminal
- Tripod mounting screw
- Open the battery door and insert 4 pieces AA battery into the battery compartment
- Cover the battery door
- When the battery voltage drops below the operating voltage mark appears. Please replace with new batteries
- When the DC adapter is used, insert the plugs (3.5Ø) of the adapter into the DC 6 V connector.
- Turn on the unit
- Select the desired measuring range until the LCD not display “Under “or “Over”
- If measure general noise sound level, please select dBA.
- If the sound source consists of the short brusts of only catching sound peak, set response to FAST. To measure average sound level, use the slow time weight.
- When the MAX mode is chosen the instrument catches and holds the maximum noise level.