This 8.5Gigabit 1270 ~1330nm SFP+ CWDM Transceiver is used with single mode optical fiber to reach up to 24.85 miles (40km) transmission distance. This Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing enhanced small form-factor pluggable (SFP+ CWDM) has a CWDM DFB Laser type transmitter and a PIN type receiver. It provides a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface. It complies with Fiber Channel FC-PI-4 800-SM-LC-L, 8G, 4G and, 2G Fiber Channel, SFF-8472, SFF-8431 and RoHS standards.
- 1270 ~1330nm CWDM DFB Laser and PIN receiver.
- Up to 24.85 miles (40km) transmission.
- Up to 8.5 Gb/s Bi-Directional data links.
- Single 3.3V power supply.
- Compliant with SFP+ MSA with LC connector.
- Metal enclosure, for lower EMI.
- Hot-pluggable SFP+ footprint.
- 2-wire interface with integrated Digital Diagnostic monitoring.
- Management specifications compliant with SFF 8472.
- Class 1 laser product complies with EN 60825-1.
- Case operating temperature range from 23°F to 158°F (-5°C to +70°C).
|Protocol||2-Wire Serial communication Protocol|
|Working Range||Up to 24.85 miles (40km)|
|Memory||256-byte memory map in EEPROM|
|Standards||SFF-8472, SFF-8431 and SFF-8432. 8G, 4G and, 2G Fiber channel. Class1 laser product complies with EN 60825-1. Fiber Channel FC-PI-4 800-SM-LC-L. RoHS compliant.|
|Transmitter||CWDM DFB laser|
|Fiber optic cable||9/125 mm|
|Transmitter output optical Power||-1 dBm to +4 dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity||-15 dBm|
|Receiver Input Saturation Power||0.5 dBm|
|Transmitter Input Differential Impedance||100Ω|
|Dimensions||2.3in x 0.54in x 0.49in (L 58.4mm x W13.7mm x H 12.6mm)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to 85°C)|
|Case Operating Temperature||23 °F to 158 °F (-5°C to 70°C)|
Ideal to be used on applications such as
- Multi-rate 8x / 4x / 2x Fiber Channel
|Product ID||Media||Wavelength||Transmission Distance||Temperature Range||Supply Current|
|GAO- SFPPCW -108
|Single-mode fiber||Refer to Wavelength selection||24.85 miles (40km)||23 °F to 158 °F (-5°C to 70°C)||450mA|
|Wavelength||Clasp color code|
- Measured with conformance test signal for PRBS 231 -1 and BER<10-12 with data rate 8.5Gb/s.
PRBS31 test pattern represents a pseudorandom binary sequence with a repetition period of 231 -1. The sequence is defined in IEEE STD 802.3.ae
BER<10-12 test represents bit error rate testing provides a measurable and useful indication of the performance of the system.
- 20 – 80 % Measured with Module Compliance Test Board and OMA test pattern.
Digital Diagnostics Functions:
- GAOTek GAO-SFPPCW -108 transceiver support the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP MSA.
- Additionally, GAOTek SFP+ Transceivers provide a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transmitter optical power, receiver optical power, transceiver temperature, transceiver supply voltage and laser bias current. It defines an alarm system and warning flags, which alerts the end users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.
- Standard SFP+ Serial id provides access to identification information that describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
- SFP+ MSA defines a 256-byte memory map in EEPROM that is accessible over a 2 wire serial interface at the 8 bit address 1010000X (A0h).
- The operating and diagnostics information is monitored and reported by a Digital Diagnostics Transceiver Controller (DDTC) inside the transceiver, which is accessed through a 2-wire serial interface. The memories are organized as a series of 8-bit data words that can be addressed individually or sequentially
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||100||Ω|
|Single ended data input swing||Vin, pp||180||1200||mV|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||Vcc–1.3||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V|
|Transmit Disable Assert Time||10||us|
|Differential data output swing||Vout,pp||300||850||mV|
|Data output rise time||tr||38||ps|
|Data output fall time||tf||38||ps|
|LOS Fault||VLOS fault||Vcc–1.3||VccHOST||V||1|
|LOS Normal||VLOS norm||Vee||Vee+0.8||V||1|
|Power Supply Rejection||PSR||100||mVpp||2|
- Loss of Signal is LVTTL. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
- Receiver sensitivity is compliant with power supply sinusoidal modulation of 20 Hz to 1.5 MHz up to specified value applied through the recommended power supply filtering network.
|Output Optical Power||POUT||-1||+4||dBm|
|Optical Wavelength||λc||λc -6.5||λc +6.5||nm|
|Optical Extinction Ratio||ER||3.5||dB|
|Spectrum Band Width (-20dB)||σ||1||nm|
|Transmitter and Dispersion Penalty||TDP||3||dB|
|Transmitter Jitter (peak to peak)||FC-PI-4 rev 7.0 requirements|
|Side-mode Supression ratio||SMSR||30||dB|
|Input Saturation Power (Overload)||Psat||-1||dBm|
|LOS De -Assert||LOSD||-18||dBm|
|LOS Detect Hysteresis||0.5||dB|
PIN out Diagram:
|1||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with Receiver Ground)||1|
|4||SDA||2-wire Serial Interface Data Line||4|
|5||SCL||2-wire Serial Interface Clock Line||4|
|6||MOD_ABS||Module Absent. Grounded within the module||5|
|7||RS0||Rate Select 0||
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal indication. Logic 0 indicates normal operation||7|
|9||RS1||No connection required||1|
|10||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|11||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|12||RD-||Receiver Inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|13||RD+||Receiver Non-inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|14||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with transmitter Ground)||1|
|15||VCCR||Receiver power Supply|
|16||VCCT||Transmitter Power supply|
|17||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with receiver Ground)||1|
|18||TD+||Transmitter Non-Inverted DATA in. AC Coupled.|
|19||TD-||Transmitter Inverted DATA in.AC Coupled.|
- Circuit ground is internally isolated from ground.
- TFault is an open collector or drain output.
- It should be pulled up with a 4.7k -10k ohms resistor on the host board if intended for use.
- Pull up voltage should be between 2.0V to Vcc +0.3V.
- A High output indicates a transmitter fault caused by either the TX bias current or the TX output power exceeding the preset alarm thresholds.
- Low output indicates normal operation. In the low state output is pulled to <0.8V
- Laser output disabled when it is open or TDis > 2.0V, enabled on TDis < 0.8V.
- Should be pulled up with 4.7kΩ to 10kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V.
- MOD_ABS pulls the line low to indicate the module is plugged in.
- Internally pulled down as per SFF-8431.
- Loss of signal (LOS) is open collector output.
- It should be pulled up with 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V.
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
Improved Pluggable form factor specification Comply to SFF-8432
HOST-Transceiver Interface Block Diagram:
|Laser Eye Safety||FDA 21CFR 1040.10, 1040.11 IEC/EN 60825-1,2||Class 1 laser product|
|Component Recognition||IEC/EN 60950, UL||Compatible with standards|
|ROHS||2002/95/EC||Compatible with standards|
|Electrostatic discharge(ESD）||IEC/EN 61000-4-2||Compatible with standards|
|EMC||EN61000-3||Compatible with standards|
|Electromagnetic Interference(EMI)||FCC Part 15 Class B EN 55022 Class B (CISPR 22A)||Compatible with standards|