GAOTek This Surface Roughness Tester with Anti-Electromagnetic (Memory) is designed in a new trend and anti-electromagnetic interference ability which can be used in production sites. It adopts a high speed DSP processor for calculation and data processing that gives high accuracy in measurement. The instrument has two parameters Ra and Rz with huge measuring range. It comes with the lithium ion rechargeable battery that has long life and provides less charging time. This portable device is applicable in testing surfaces of all types of non-metals and metals and is particularly suitable for use in production sites.
- Charging and communication using the common USB interface. Using a dedicated charger or computer USB port for charging, convenient and quick.
- Liquid crystal display wide temperature using OLED color display, popular high brightness, no visual angle, is suitable for various occasions.
- Dot matrix liquid crystal display, interface prompt information rich.
- Automatic shutdown function and low power design of software and hardware of the instrument with long working hours, suitable for field use.
- Shape used to pull aluminum mold design, durable, anti-electromagnetic interference ability significantly, in line with the design of the new trend.
- Using high-speed DSP processor for data processing and calculation, measurement and computation speed is greatly improved.
- Real-time monitoring of lithium battery power and display, and to remind users to charge with charging progress indication.
- The lithium ion rechargeable battery, can work for a long time, no memory effect, charging time is short, long battery life.
|Testing Parameters||Ra, Rz (μm)|
|Measuring Range||Ra: 0.05 μm ~ 10.0 μm
Rz: 0.1 μm ~ 50 μm
|Sample Length||0.0098 in (0.25 mm), 0.0314 in (0.80 mm), 0.098 in (2.50 mm)|
|Evaluation Length||0.049 in (1.25 mm), 0.157 in (4.0 mm)|
|Stroke Length||0.236 in (6 mm)|
|Error||± 15 %|
|Transducer Contacting Pin Round
Diameter and Angle
|Pin Tip arc radius：10 μm (±1 μm)|
|Sensor Needle Static Force and its Rate of Change||Static force ≤ 0.016 N
Rate of change：≤ 800 N/m
|Temperature||-4 °F ~104 °F (-20 °C~40°C)|
|Relative Humidity||<90 % No vibration and coercity around|
|Battery||3.7 V Lithium|
|Size||4.17 in × 2.75 in × 0.94 in (106 mm × 70 mm × 24 mm)|
|Weight||0.44 lbs (200 g)|
When the pickup driven by a driver is making a linear uniform motion along the test surface, the contact stylus in perpendicular with the work surface is moving up and down on the work surface. Its motion is converted into electric signals, which are amplified, filtered and transformed into digital signals through A/D. The signals are then processed by the DSP into Ra and Rz values before displayed on the screen.
Name of Each Components
Remove instrument, right now the sensors head protect door should be closed.
To the right to promote measuring head protect door switch, open the sensors head protect door, Show the sensors head prepare measurement.
Switch on, Switch off
Press this button for second boot, after a voice of di, the device goes into measurement state. Measuring parameters and sampling length will keep the last time before the shutdown of the state.
Press this button for second shutdown. The instrument will go into the low consumption status. In 3 minutes, without pressing, the operating instruments will be turned off.
Before measuring the user should set up these parameters such as Ra Rz Rq Rt, the appropriate sampling length and metric/ imperial conversion. Touch keys, choose the sampling length 0.0098 in (0.25 mm), 0.0314 in (0.80 mm), and 0.098 in (2.50 mm).
Long press key 2 seconds for metric/imperial conversion.
Touch keys, chose the measurement parameters Ra, Rz, Rq, Rt.
When the parameters are set up and the cut-off samples length is decided, it will come to measurement. Point the Stylus mark to the measured area stably and then press the Start Key on the top to start measurement, liquid crystal display as “Waiting”. At this time, it will be invalid to press the start button.
After the “Waiting “disappeared with two “d.d”, the measurement has been finished, and the screen will show the measured value.
Before use, calibration should be done with the standard sample plate. For example, there is a standard sample plate pointed to 3.14.
In shutdown condition, Press the start button boots, as shown below, release the start button. The tester will enter the status of Calibration.
Press the Up Key and Down Key to adjust the displaying value to the value 3.14.
Put the instrument in the scribed line area. Sensor taxiing direction perpendicular to the scribed line of texture direction. Press the Start Key to exit the status of Calibration. Repeating multiple times of calibration could evidently improve precision. After measuring, the new standard sample plate value will be stored to the memory instead of the old one. At the meantime, shutdown and restore, the instrument start work normally. If the user has multi-reticle sample plate, he can choose suitable sample plate to calibrate the tester against his measuring range in common use. By this way, the tester’s precision can be improved greatly.
Plug the charger into the tester’s recharge socket and have the tester recharged together with the battery symbol lighting (if no lighting, plug it again). Three hours recharging-time is enough. Filled animation end.
Even in shutdown condition may also start charging interface display.
- Protect the tester from collision, violent shock, heavy dust, dampness, oil stain, and strong magnetic field etc.
- Please switch off in time after each measurement to save the energy, and have the battery recharged promptly when necessary.
- The sensor is the precision part of the tester and particular care should be taken of After each use, put on the protective sheath gently to avoid violent shock to the sensor.
- Standard sample plate provided with the tester should be given special protection to avoid scratch that may make the calibration inaccurate.
If any trouble occurs, user should not try to dismantle and repair it. The device should be returned to the manufacturer for checking and repair, together with the warranty card and the specimen provided and a statement about the trouble.