GAOTek Surface Roughness Tester with H Speed (Large Capacity) is designed using DSP chip to work in high speed and used to evaluate surface texture with various parameters. It provides large capacity data storage which stores 100 item of raw data and waveforms. The measurements are displayed in 128 × 64 OLED dot matrix display either digitally or graphically. This Roughness tester offers reliable circuit and software design to prevent the struck in the motor. This device is used in various fields such as workshop testing station, laboratory and environmental detection.
- Large capacity data storage, can store 100 item of raw data and waveforms
- Electromechanical integration design, small size, light weight, easy to operate
- Compatible with ISO, DIN, ANSI, JIS multiple nationalstandards
- 128 × 64 OLED dot matrix display, digital or graphic highlight display
- Real-time clock setting for data recording and storage
- DSP chip control and data processing which ensures high speed, low power consumption
- Large measurement range
- 14 parameters: Ra, Rq, Rz, Rt, Rp, Rv, R3z, R3y, RzJIS, Rs, Rsk, Rku, Rsm, Rmr
- Reliable circuit and software design to prevent the motor
- Optional curved surface pickup sensor, holes sensors, measurement stand, sheath of sensor, extension rod,printer and analysis software
- Display full information, intuitive and graphical displays all parameters
- With automatic sleep, automatic shutdown and power-saving features
- Metal case design, rugged, compact, portable, high reliability
- Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery and control circuit, high capacity, no memory effect
- Can connect to the computer and printer and all parameters can be printed
- Work continuously more than 20 hours
|Detection Principle||Current Induction|
|Measuring Range||160 µm|
|Tip Radius||5 µm|
|Stylus Force||4 mN (0.4 gf)|
|Guide Head Vertical Radius||1.8 in (45 mm)|
|The Maximum Driving Trip||0.7 in/17.5 mm|
|The Sampling Length L||0.009 in, 0.03 in, 0.09 in (0.25 mm, 0.8 mm, 2.5 mm)|
|Variation of Indication||Not more than 6%|
|Evaluation Length L||(1-5) l|
|Indicating Error||Not more than ± 10%|
|The Measured Profile||Roughness, waviness, original contour|
|Parameter||Ra (0.005μm~16 μm)
Rz (0.02μm~160 μm)
Rq, Rt, Rp, Rv, R3z, R3y, RzJIS, Rsk, Rku, Rsm, Rmr, Rx
|Internal Storage Capacity||100 groups of original data|
|Filter||RC, PCRC, Gauss, ISO 13565|
|External Input/Output Interface||USB|
|Electric Source||Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery or external power adapter|
|Outline Dimension L×W×H||5.55 in×2.16 in×1.57 in (143 mm×55 mm×42 mm)|
|Weight||0.88 lbs (About 400 g)|
|Working Environment Humidity||< 90% RH|
|Storage and Transportation Humidity||< 90% RH|
|Storage and Transportation Temperature||-40 °F~140 °F (-40 °C~60 °C)|
|Working Environment Temperature||-4 °F~104 °F (-20 °C~40 °C)|
When measuring roughness of part surface, the pickup is placed on the surface of the part and the surface is traced at constant rate. The pickup acquires the surface roughness by the sharp stylus in pickup. The roughness causes displacement of pickup which results in change of inductive value of induction coils thus generating analogue signal which is in proportion to surface roughness at output end of phase-sensitive rectifier. This signal enters data collection system after amplification and level conversion. Those collected data are processed with digital filtering and parameter calculation by DSP chip and the measuring result can be read on OLED, printed through printer and communicated with PC.
|Ra Rq||0.005 μm~16 μm|
|Rz R3z Ry Rt Rp Rm||0.02 μm~160 μm|
|0.03 in (1 mm)|
Name of Each Part
When battery voltage is too low, the instrument should be charged as soon as possible. Use USB port of the instrument for charging. You can use the built-in power adapter for charging, you can also use computer’s USB port for charging. If you use the other power adapter for charging, the output voltage should be 5 V DC, the current should be greater than 800 mA.
Instrument displays charging animation when charging after full animation ends, the display is full of symbols. Charging time is of 2.5 hours.
This instrument adopts lithium ion chargeable battery without memory effect and charging can be fulfilled at any time without affecting normal operation of the instrument.
Connection Method of Sensor and Main Unit
Installation and Removing of sensor
For installation, hold the main body of sensor with hand, push it into connection adapter at the bottom of the instrument as shown in Figure and then slightly push it to the end of the sheath. To remove, hold the main body of pickup or the root of protective sheath with hand and slowly pull it out.
Preparation for Measurement
- Switch-on to check if battery voltage is normal;
- Clear the surface of part to be measured;
- Place the instrument correctly, stably and reliably on the surface to be measured;
- Trace of the pickup must be vertical to the direction of process line of the measured surface.
Press the key to hold 2 seconds. After the instrument automatically boots, it will display equipment type, name and manufacturer information. Then enter the basic measurement status main display interface, as shown.
First, use the stylus position to determine the location of the sensor. The stylus as measured in the middle position.
In the main interface mode, press the Start button to start measuring
The results of all the measurements can be observed, as seen in the figure
Print measurement results
The instrument can be connected to the printer. The measurement results will be printed. After measurement, Press key to display the measurement results.Press key to print the measured data to a serial printer. At this point, key is a print key to use.The instrument can be tested according to the actual requirements of arbitrary parameters choose to print or print all the parameters.
In the main display interface mode, press the key to save the measurement results stored in the instrument memory. Instrument built-in large capacity memory, can store 100 groups of raw data and waveform data.
Data storage recording date and time the file name automatically generated according to the last data record is always stored the most recent recording time, the last data record stored recording record number will be 001.
In the basic measurement mode, press thekey to enter the menu operation state, press the keys to select “Preferences” functionand then press the key to enter the parameter setting mode. In the parameter setting mode, you can modify all the measurement conditions.
In the basic measurement mode, press the key to enter the menu operation state, Press the keys to select “Recoder” function, Press the key to enter management projects.
Recoder management by the two project components
- View 2. format.
Selected item and press the Enter key to enter.
Select the appropriate records, press View log content. In view records content, data can be printed according to the specified printer, operate the following figure.
Data format is the deletion of data records, once formatted and all data will be cleared. In the data before formatting instrument has confirmation prompt information, user data will not be restored after confirmation.
Built-in real time clock calendar instrument used to record information about the test of time to adjust date and time as follows
Instruments software and hardware information can help users easily upgrade and maintain the product, unique serial number of the instrument software information items are displayed.
Before measuring instrument, standard calibration block is required. The instrument is configured with a standard calibration block, before measurement. Under normal circumstances, when the measured value and the block value of the difference in the acceptable range, the measurement value is valid, can be measured directly.
If the measured value and the block value of the difference is greater than an accuracy error range of the instrument, or the user requires higher accuracy, can be used to correct the indication calibration function and improve measurement accuracy. Showing the value of the calibration procedure as shown.
- Under normal circumstances, the instrument in the factory have been rigorously tested, showing error is much less than ±10 %, in this case, the user is not showing the value of the calibration frequently used functions.
- After setting the calibration value, you must press the key for a full measurement, instrument calibration to be valid.
- New parameters after calibration must be carried out once a complete measurement and press the key is stored in the instrument.
- Press “ESC”key to return the menu without saving calibration results.
The instrument can be tested according to the actual requirements of any parameter selection Print or Print All, the steps shown in Figure.
Options and Usage
When measured surface of part is smaller than the bottom surface of the instrument, sheath of pickup and adjustable supporter of instrument options can be used for auxiliary support to complete the measurement (as shown in Figure).
Measurement Stand can adjust the positions between tester and measured part conveniently with flexible and stable operation and wider application range. Roughness of complex shapes can also be measured. Measurement stand enables the adjustment of the position of stylus to be more precise and measurement to be more stable. If Ra value of measured surface is relatively low, using measurement platform is recommended.
Extending rod increases the depth for pickup to enter the part. Length of extending rod is 1.96 in (50 mm).
The standard sensor can measure most of the plane, inclined plane, cone surface, inner hole, groove and other surface roughness. In addition to the standard sensor, other special sensors are needed to measure the measuring platform.
Curved surface sensor is mainly used for measuring radius is larger than the smooth cylindrical 3mm surface roughness, for the larger radius smooth spherical surface and other surface also can obtain good approximation, the radius of curvature, the surface is smooth, the better the effect of measurement.
- Swap sensors should be handled careful Do not touch the guide head and a stylus, because this is a key part of the whole instrument.
- To complete the measurement work, keep the sensor into the box;
- Please pay attention to protect the needle part measuring
- The sensor’s precision components, knock, touch, fall off phenomenon may damage the sensor. You should try to avoid such
- Pay attention to maintaining the Main Unit surface clean. Use a soft dry cloth to clean its surface.
- The instrument is a precision measuring instrument. It should always be handled with care, to avoid the
- Always observe the battery prompt, when the low voltage, please
- The charging time is 3 hours. Do not try to charge for a long time .