The GAOTek Three-Channel Leakage Current Tester provides online measurement, monitoring, and recording of three channel AC leakage currents simultaneously by adopting the latest CT and magnetic shielding technology. This instrument provides highly accurate and reliable measurements. Additionally, it can locate insulation faults and repair electrical lines. It is composed of a special alloy and consists of a test monitoring software, current clamp, and communication cable. The instrument can store 3900 sets of data and enables online and real time monitoring, historical data inquiry, read, inquire storage, generation, and printing of a fitting curve. It is widely used in 380/220 power systems. It complies with IEC1010-1, IEC1010-2-032, Pollution Class 2, CAT Ⅲ (600 V), and IEC61326 (EMC standard) safety codes.
- Compliant with IEC1010-1, IEC1010-2-032, Pollution Class 2, CAT Ⅲ(600 V), IEC61326 (EMC standard)
- Highly convenient and accurate measurement
- Automatic storage of data with adjustable time interval ranging from 1 to 99 minutes
- Provides easy clamping and evacuation of the test wire with its special clamp leaker
- Up to 3900 sets of data can be stored
- Can operate continuously for 10 days in power saving mode
- Multiple additional functionalities
- Large LCD display
- Non-interference by external magnetic field
|Range||0 mA ~ 200 A|
|Test Method||Split core type CT, true RMS|
|Power Source||DC 6 V Alkaline Battery LR03 1.5 V × 4|
|Clamp Size||1.3 in × 1.5 in (35 mm×40 mm)|
|Accuracy||±2 %±5 dgt|
|Instrument Dimension||Tester (L × W × H): 2.9 in × 6.6 in × 1.1 in ( 75 mm × 170 mm × 30 mm)
Current Clamp (L × W × H): 4.8 in × 2.7 in ×1.2 in (122mm ×70mm ×33mm)
|LCD dimension||Display Field: 1.7 in × 1.0 in (44 mm×27 mm)|
|Sampling Speed||2 samples|
|Data Storage||3900 sets (No data loss even after power failure or battery replacement)|
|Line Voltage||Up to 600 V|
|Shield Type||Type B: Double shielding|
|Battery Voltage Indication||4.6 V to 4.8 V|
|Weight||Tester: 1.6 lbs (0.75 Kg) Including Battery
Current Clamp: 0.3 lbs × 3 Pcs (0.17 kg × 3 Pcs)
|Time setting||Auto Data Store with Internal Adjustable Time Ranging from 1 to 60 Min|
|Rated power||About 5 mA at the power-saving mode|
|Maximum current consumption||20 mA|
|Lead length||6.5 Ft (2 m)|
|Temperature and humidity||Working: -4 °F ~ 122 °F (-20 ℃ ~ 50 ℃), below 80 % RH
Storage: -4 °F ~ 122 °F (-20 ℃ ~ 50 ℃),below 70 % RH
|Insulation resistance||Higher than 100 MΩ, 1000 V|
- Pay special attention to safety when using this instrument
- Observe the text and symbols attached to the front and rear panels of the instrument
- Please replace the battery with a new one when the battery voltage is so low that the LCD display is dim
- This instrument cannot be turned off automatically. Please turn it off after use
- Don not use the instrument to measure a line with a voltage higher than 600 V
- It is forbidden to use the instrument when neither the rear cover of the instrument nor the battery cover is in place
- Never use the instrument when the instrument case or measuring wire is broken and therefore any metallic part is exposed
- Don not place the instrument in an environment with high temperature, high humidity, condensation and direct sunshine for a long time
- It is necessary to maintain the instrument and clamp periodically to keep them clean Do not wipe the clamp by using corrosive medium or abrasive object
- Avoid any impact on the current clamp, especially on the mating surface
- Please observe the correct polarity when replacing the battery. Remove the battery from the instrument if you expect not to use the instrument for a long time
- Operation, disassembly and repair of the instrument must be carried out only by a authorized and qualified person
- When there is an instrument fault, never use it because continual use may result in danger. In this case, isolate the instrument immediately and deliver it to an authorized agency
- The danger symbol ““on the meter is indicated to the user. The user most operate safely in this case
- The extremely dangerous symbol “ ” is indicated to the user. The user must operate safely in this case
|Extremely dangerous! Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise there would be dangers of electric shock which may cause personal injuries or casualties|
|Dangerous！Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise there would be dangers of electric shock which may cause personal injuries or casualties.|
|Warning！Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise personal injuries or equipment damages might be caused.|
|Alternating Current (AC)|
|Direct Current (DC)|
- Current clamp interface
- Up, down, left, right keys and MEM control key
- Instrument body
- Power Key (For turning on and off)
- RS-232 interface for data download
- Round end current clamp
- Current clamp signal output plug
1. Turning on and off
Turn on the instrument by pressing the POWER key. The LCD will light up. If the LCD display is dim, the battery voltage may be low. If so, replace the battery with a new one. Press the POWER key again to turn off the instrument. This instrument cannot be turned off automatically. Please turn it off after use.
2. Selecting Power-saving Mode
Press the DOWN arrow key at the measurement status to turn off the LCD back-light and enter the power-saving mode. Press the UP arrow key to turn on the backlight. The power consumption at the power-saving mode is only 20 percent of the one at the common mode (the backlight is turned on). It is recommended that the power-saving mode be adopted for long-time online measurement and recording.
3. Date and Time Setting
Press the MEM key to access the function menu. Press the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move the cursor to the Time Setting option. Press the MEM key again to enter the date& time setting mode. In the date& time setting mode, press the UP/DOWN arrow keys to change values. Press the LEFT or RIGHT keys to move the cursor. Press MEM key to “confirm” or “cancel” the setting.
After the recording interval has been set, return to the measurement state. The instrument will automatically store the measured values at the set interval. The instrument can store up to 3900 data sets. If the memory is full, FULL will be displayed on the LCD. The instrument can store new data only after some of the stored data is deleted.
4. Auto Record Internal Setting
Under the test mode, press UP and Down array to set the internal time to automatically record the data. The internal time can be set from 1 to 99 min. 00 min means auto record function is closed, which is a default setting after each boot up.
|The instrument doesn’t have automatic clock function. The date and time will be reset to the default each time the instrument is turned on|
|Press the MEM key to “Cancel” or maintain the previous setting|
|The storage interval is defaulted to “00” min each time the instrument is turned on, that is, no measured value is stored|
5. Data Inquiry
At the measurement state, press the MEM key to access the function menu. Press the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move the cursor to “Data Inquiry” option. Press the MEM key to enter the inquiry submenu. Inside the inquiry submenu, the first left line displays the current page number and total pages. The third line displays three sets of recorded values and the right side displays the page number increment. The user can navigate to the desired page number quickly. Press the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move the cursor and select the page number increment and then press the MEM key to confirm the selection.
Press the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys under the inquiry submenu to move the cursor. Press the MEM key with the cursor located at certain data set to display the detailed information about this data set, including the set number / stored data sets, current amplitude and recording time, etc.
Press the arrow keys to move the cursor and press MEM key to confirm the selection under the inquiry submenu. The relevant display is as shown in the following figure:
6. Data Deletion
At the measurement state, press the MEM key to access the function menu. Press the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move the cursor to “Deleting Data” option. Press the MEM key again, to view the data deleting tips pop up. Press the MEM key with the cursor located at “OK” to delete the stored data. Press the MEM key with the cursor at Cancel to cancel the deletion and return to the main menu.
|It is impossible to recover the deleted data. Take care before deleting any data|
|The deletion operation will delete all of the stored data|
7. Leakage/current measurement
|Electric shock, dangerous！The instrument can be operated only by a trained and authorized person. The operators must abide by the safety rules strictly; otherwise, electric shock will result in personal injury or damage to the equipment.|
|Don not use the instrument to measure the lines with a voltage higher than 600 V and current higher than 20 A, Otherwise, electric shock will result in personal injury or damage to the equipment.|
- Connect the current clamp with the instrument body properly. Turn on the instrument and enter the measurement mode
- Clamp the measured object with the current clamp (ensure that the clamp end is fully closed). Observe the reading. If an OL symbol is displayed on the instrument LCD, the measured current exceeds the upper measurement limit of the instrument.
- Reference legend:
|In order to measure the leakage current of an electrical equipment, clamp the phase line and neutral line (Take care to clamp the two lines)|
|In order to measure the leakage current of a ground conductor, clamp the ground conductor (Take care to clamp only one conductor)|
|In order to measure the total current of a main line, clamp the main line ( Take care to clamp only one line)|
|For safety, keep the instrument away from the conductor with high voltage and current after measurement has been completed correctly|
8. Real-time Monitoring
Turn on the instrument and enter the measurement state. Connect a PC with the instrument via a RS-232 communication cable supplied with the instrument. Run the software installed in the PC. If the communication is normal, the users can monitor current in real-time manner via the PC.
The software can display leakage current dynamically, display current waveform, maximum, minimum and average value. In addition, the users can read, inquire, store, analyze, process, sequence historical data and generate and print a fitting curve and report.
Historical data can be saved as .TXT file or .DOC file.
9. Data Download
Connect the instrument with the PC via the RS-232 communication cable (supplied with the instrument) and turn on the instrument. Run the software, select the Historical Inquiry and read the data. The more the data, the longer it takes to read them. If the instrument memory is full, it takes about 2min to read all data.
How to operate the monitor software
The Leakage/Current Monitoring software needs to be installed in Windows XP/2000 systems. The monitor software provides online and real-time monitoring and historical data inquiry. With the software, the instrument can display current dynamically, display current waveform, maximum value, minimum value and average value. The users can pre-set the alarm limit. The instrument will generate an alarm when the measured current exceeds the limit. In addition, the users can read, inquire, store, analyze, process, sequence historical data and generate and print a fitting curve and report.
|Observe the correct battery polarity , Otherwise, the instrument will be damaged|
|Replace the battery with a new one as soon as possible when the battery voltage is low|
|Do not use the new battery together with an old battery|
- When the battery voltage drops to 4.6V to 4.8V, a symbol will be displayed on the instrument, indicating the battery voltage is low. Replace the battery immediately
- Press the POWER key to turn off the instrument. After confirming that the instrument has been turned off, open the battery cover and replace with a new battery recommended by the manufacturer. Pay special attention to the correct battery polarity. Replace the battery cover, turn on the instrument and confirm that the instrument can operate properly (As shown in the following figure)
|Current clamp||3 PCS|
|RS-232 communication cable||1 PC|
|Monitor software (CD-ROM)||1 PC|
|Instrument bag||1 PC|
|User manual||1 Copy|
|Warranty card and quality certificate||1 Copy|