GAOTek Ultraviolet Light Meter with UVA and UVB (LSI-Circuit) is a professional, high quality UV light meter which accurately measures UVA and UVB radiations in the 280 nm to 380 nm range. The LSI-circuit provides high reliability and durability and a separate UV LIGHT sensor allows users to measure the UV light at an optimum position. The illumination range of the meter allows users to conduct the most precise quantitative measurements of ultraviolet radiation for various industrial and laboratory applications including monitoring blue light radiation hazards in welding, photoresist exposure, and microbial genetics.
- Professional, high quality UV light meter
- Measures UVA & UVB radiations
- UV detector spectrum from 280 nm to 380 nm
- Three range selection switchable
- Exclusive UV sensor structure: UV photo diode & UV color correction filter
- LSI-circuit use provides high reliability and durability
- Separate UV LIGHT sensor allows user to measure the UV light at an optimum position
- LCD display, easy readout
- Over range indication
- Low battery indication
|Display||3 3/4 LCD display, maximum indication 3999|
|Measurement ranges & Resolution||0-40 mW/cm2 (3 ranges),
400 µW/cm2 range;
4000 μW/cm2 range;
40 mW/cm2 range
(1000 μW/cm2 = 1 mW/cm2)
|UV Sensor Spectrum||Band pass 280 nm–380 nm|
|Accuracy||±(4 % FS + 2 dgt)|
|Sample Time||Approx. 0.4 sec|
|Operating Temperature||32 ℉ to 104 ℉ (-10 ℃ to 40 ℃)
|Humidity||0～70 % RH|
|Storage Temperature Humidity||14 ℉ to 140 ℉ (-10 ℃ to 50 ℃) 0～80 % RH|
|Power Supply||DC 9 V battery, 006P, MN 1604 (PP3) or equivalent|
|Power Consumption||Approx. DC 2.7 mA|
|Dimensions||Photo detector: 4.17 in × 2.24 in × 1.02 in (106 mm × 57 mm × 26 mm)
Meter body: 9.05 in × 2.83 in × 1.18 in (230 mm × 72 mm × 30 mm)
- Monitoring blue light radiation hazards in welding
- UV sterilization
- Graphic arts
- Photochemical matching
- UV EPROM erasure
- Photoresist exposure
- Curing of inks, adhesives and coatings
- Weathering ‘degradation studies’
- UV sterilization
- Microbial genetics
- DNA research
- Biologic hoods
- General laboratory use
- LCD display
- Turn off, turn on, Peak value hold
- Range select button
- Photo detector
- Connect the battery, and then press the button to ‘ON’.
- Press the range selection switch to desired range.
- Remove the photo detector cap and face it to UV light source in a horizontal position, read the test value from the LCD display.
- If the instrument displays “OL” on the LCD, then a higher range should be selected to measure.
- Data-Peak mode: Press the ‘PEAK’ key to select PEAK Hold model, the instrument displays ‘PH’, the UV light meter shows the peak measuring value on the LCD. Press the button ‘PEAK’ to the ‘ON’, the peak value will be cancelled.
- When the measurement is completed, replace the photo detector cap and turn the power selector ‘OFF’.
- It is necessary to replace another one 9 V battery, when left corner of LCD display shows “”.
- After turning off the meter, slide the battery cover and push in the direction of the arrow to open. Disconnect the battery from the instrument and replace it with a standard 9 V transistor battery and reinstate the cover.
- Make sure that the battery cover is secured after changing the battery.
- Do not store the instrument where temperature or humidity is excessively high.
- The white plastic disc on the top of the detector should be cleaned with a damp cloth when necessary.
- The reference level, as marker on the face plate, is on the top of the sensor.
- The calibration interval for the sensor will vary according to operational conditions, but in general the sensitivity decreases in direct proportion to the product of luminous intensity by the operational time. In order to maintain the basic accuracy of the instrument, periodic calibration is recommended.