GAOTek Hand-held Adjustable Light Source provides quick and accurate testing solution on both single and multi-mode fibers and offers one to four wavelength options. This portable, hand-held light source can be used with GAOTek’s Handheld Optical power meter is useful in transmitting the wave ID information. This light source is designed for fiber network installation, fiber network engineering and network maintenance.
- Wave ID information can be transmitted when used with the GAOTek Optical Power Meter.
- Tone generation: 270 HZ, 330 HZ, 1 KHZ, 2 KHZ
- Output power can be adjustable
- Output power value is shown on LCD display
- Intelligent backlight control (light intensity can be adjusted properly according to ambient light, which greatly reduced power consumption)
- AA alkaline and AC adapter for power supply
- Low battery indication
- Large LCD screen
- High stable single or quad-wavelength output at CW or modulated mode
- Low power self-inspecting function
Single Mode and
|1310 nm/1490 nm/1550 nm||1310nm/1550 nm|
|Output Power（dBm）||,1310 dBm/1490 dBm/1550 dBm
|Modulation||CW / 2 Hz (650) / 270 Hz,1 KHz,2 KHz (1310 nm, 1550 nm)|
|Power Supply||AA 1.5 V(3 pcs batteries)
9 V AC Adapter
|Operating Temperature||(14 °F to 140 °F) -10 °C to 60 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F to 158°F (-25 °C to 70 °C)|
|Dimension||7.08 in x 3.54 in x 1.77 in
(185 mm x 84 mm x 48 mm)
|Weight||0.39 lbs (180 g)|
(1) Power Supply Switch: Press it to turn on or off the unit.
Auto Shut Off Selection: Press this key shortly to turn on or off the auto shut off function. Under this situation, the unit will automatically shut off after ten minutes idle time.
（2）“λ” Wavelength Selection: Press this key to switch the wavelength and display it in the middle of the LCD screen.
（3）“CW ” Switch the modulation: Press this key to switch modulation between the continuous light and modulated light. The frequency of modulated light is 650 nm (CW,2 HZ), 13/15（270 Hz，1 kHz, 2 kHz) and it will displayed on the top right corner of the LCD screen where will show 0 Hz under the continuous light mode.
Turn On/ Off Unit
Press key to turn it on, then the LCD screen display the following information.：
（1） When using the AC adapter, the AC adapter’s mark will be showed on the central left screen and lighted.
（2） The battery mark is showed on the left bottom screen and will be lighted when using the battery. The capacity in the mark will decrease with battery power. Please replace the battery when the mark is empty.
（3） The “Auto-off” mark is showed on the bottom screen. The auto off function is lighted and valid after the unit turned on. The unit will automatically shut off after ten minutes idle time.
（4） The wavelength is showed in the middle of the screen, the unit is nm.
（5） The frequency is showed on the top left screen, the unit is Hz.
Again press to turn off the light source.
- Clean the optical connector and adapter regularly.
- Use the regulated optical connector for the test.
- Shut off the power and cover the dust-proof cap after your test.
- Select the power supply within the required voltage range when using AC adapter.
- Please take out the battery when it is not in operation for a period of time.