The GAOTek H/L Voltage Clamp Meter with Data Memory measures high and low voltage AC, current leakage, and on-line AC current by adopting the latest CT and integrated mask digital technology. It consists of a special high voltage detector, wireless receiver, and high voltage insulation rods. The integrated design of clamp and lead zone of H/L voltage clamp meter ensures uninterrupted year-round high precision, reliability, and stability tests. It can also be used as high and low voltage changing ratio tester, that is, respectively test the first and secondary loop high and low voltage currents (below 60 KV) and then obtain the voltage change through manual calculation. It is widely used in power plants, substations, industrial and mining enterprises, inspection stations, electrician maintenance departments for current sensing, and field work.
- Compliant with IEC1010-1, IEC1010-2-032, Pollution Class 2, CAT Ⅲ(600 V), IEC61326 (EMC standard)
- Highly convenient and time saving
- Wireless transmission up to 98 ft (30 m)
- Functions as high-precision low-voltage clamp meter and leakage current meter
- Multiple additional functionalities such as peak and data value maintenance
- Moisture, high temperature and impact resistant, flexible, high insulation and scalable insulation rod
- Date storage of up to 99 sets
- Four digit LCD display with backlight
- Automatic shutdown if idle time exceeds 15 minutes after booting
|Transmission Mode||Wireless Transmission. The maximum Distance of Straight Line Transmission is about 98 Ft (30 m)|
|Test Mode||Clamp CT, Integral Approach|
|Power Supply||DC 6 V Alkaline Dry Battery (1.5V AAA × 4)|
|Meter Dimension||LWH: 2.6 in × 9.6 in × 1.5 in (68 mm × 245 mm × 40 mm)|
|Clamp Dimension||Ф 1.2 in (Ф 33 mm)|
|Insulation rod Dimension||φ 1.2 in [φ32 mm, (3.2 ft) 1 m/piece (5 pieces)]|
|Shift||0.00 mA ~ 600 A automatic shift|
|Accuracy (73.4 °F ±5 °F, below 70 % RH)||0.00 mA～100.0 A: ±1 % ±5 dgt|
|100.0 A～600.0 A: ±2 % ±5dgt|
|Measurement Scope||0.00 mA ~ 600 A (50/60 Hz automatic)|
|LCD Dimension||Display Field: 1.8 in × 1.1 in (47 mm × 28.5 mm)|
|Sampling Rate||2 times/second|
|Line Voltage||below 60 KV Line Test (With 5 insulation rods operation)|
|Structure||Anti-Drip Type Ⅱ|
|Battery voltage indication||Below 4.8 V|
|Meter weight||Detector: 0.7 lbs (0.33 Kg) including battery
Total Mass of the meter: 5.5 lbs (2.5 Kg including insulation rod and battery)
|Insulation strength||AC 100 kV / rms (Between the 5th Insulation Rod and high Voltage Current Clamp Core)|
|Temperature and humidity||Working: -13 °F~104 °F (-25 ℃ ~ 40 ℃), below 80 % RH
Storage: 14 °F~140 °F (-10 ℃ ~ 60 ℃),below 70 % RH
- Special attention need to be paid while using this meter particularly while measuring circuits with more than 100 V AC and above voltages
- If the voltage of tested circuit has exceeded 600 V, it must be used by connecting the insulation rod
- As the high voltage transmission line is very dangerous, the operator must get strict training and the relevant certification on high-pressure operation before using this meter and making a field test
- It is strictly forbidden to use this meter to test the wire which is without any insulation or convergence generatrix
- Please pay attention to marked words and symbols on panel or backboard of this meter
- Please do not put or store this meter in place of high temperature, with moisture, with frozen dew or with direct daylight radiation for a long time
- Please note the battery polarity when replacing the battery and remove the battery if you expect not to use this meter for a long time
- It must be operated by qualified staff that has the authorization of tearing down or repairing this meter
- Please do not use it when there is any damage on the transducer clamp or other parts of this meter
- To avoid the impact of transducer clamp, the meter has to be maintained regularly. Do not use corrosive or coarse materials to clean, but use soft cloth. Dip the cloth in a clean anti-rust desiccant lubricant wipe it gently
- In case of any danger, stop using it and seal it before sending to the authorized agency
- The danger symbol ““on the meter is indicated to the user. The user most operate safely in this case
- The extremely dangerous symbol “” is indicated to the user. The user must operate safely in this case
- It is suggested to conduct an insulation intensity test at least once annually. (AC 100 kV / rms Between insulation pole and clamp core )
|Extremely dangerous! Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise there would be dangers of electric shock which may cause personal injuries or casualties|
|Dangerous！Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise there would be dangers of electric shock which may cause personal injuries or casualties.|
|Warning！Operators shall strictly observe safety rules; otherwise personal injuries or equipment damages might be caused.|
|Model||Range of measurement||Accuracy||Jaw Specification||Description|
|GT00YA00ZW||0.00 mA -600 A||0.01 mA||Φ 1.2 in||Wireless|
- Double Input Toroid
- Power indication
- Insulation Rod Connector
- Isolation Rods
1. LCD Display Screen
- AC Symbol
- Low battery symbol
- Date storage symbol
- Date access symbol
- 2-digit Storage Data Serial Number
- Unit Symbol
- Date Locked Symbol
- Decimal System Radix Point
- 4-Digit LCD Digital Display
2. Explanation for Special Symbols
- Low battery symbol, when the voltage of battery is lower than 4.8 V, this symbol will be displayed. Please replace the battery in time
- “OL A” This symbol indicates that the current on test has exceeded the maximum measurement limit of the meter
- “MEM” Memory mode, it will display during the data storage process
- “Full” symbol, when the storage memory has been filled with 99 groups of data. It will display “FULL” symbol by flash, which means it cannot continue to store any more data
- “MR” data access symbol, which is displayed during data lookup. It will display the serial number of data in storage
- “End” exit symbol, it will be displayed during the exit
- “dEL” data delete symbol, it will be displayed when data is deleted
- “no- –” None received signal instructions, dynamic display, it may not display in test mode, adjust the location and distance from receiver.
3. Display Demonstration
- The current on test is 0.002 A (2 mA)
- Locked display Data –
a. The data is automatic stored as group 3
b. The current on test is: 160.5 A
- The current on test is: 571 A
a. Low battery symbol. Please replace.
- Look up data of group 3 in storage
a. The current on test is: 160.5A
- “FULL” flash display
a. Storage is full of 99 groups
b. It can’t store more unless data is deleted from storage
- “dEL” Indication of data delete
- “End” Indication of exit
- “no- -”Dynamic display: no received signal
|Please check all parts of the meter carefully before usage to see if there is any damage. Make sure there is no damage before usage|
|Install the battery as per the instructions in the manual|
1. Power On/Off
- Press button to power on. The instrument will display the LCD screen in normal testing mode. If LCD display is relatively dark after power on, it is possible that battery voltage is a bit lower. Please replace the battery. 15 minutes after power on, if it remains idle, an auto-power off procedure starts to preserve the battery life and LCD will continue to flash until the device switches off completely after 30 seconds. In case the LCD flashes continuously, press button, then the meter will continue to work
- Under HOLD mode, press button for power off
- Under general test mode, press button to power off
- Under PEAK testing mode，press button to power off. Under data reference mode, firstly press button for more than 3 seconds to exit from data reference mode. Return to normal test mode, then press button to power off. During the exit from data access, it will display “End” symbol.
2. General Test
|High voltage, extremely dangerous! It must be operated by qualified staff that has acquired authority. The operator must strictly abide by the safety rules.|
|Dangerous! It cannot be used to measure the bare conductor over 1 KV voltage or convergence generatrix. Otherwise there are chances of personal damage or equipment damage to be caused|
- During the test, LCD will display the real time tested current value and LCD data will vary with the current change. When the tester is removed from the lead on test, it does not preserve the test result. LCD display will return to zero.
- Normal testing mode is suitable for close distance measurement and circuit test by direct read of LCD data
|Before the test, Connect the insulation rod in the right position, and then connect the tester. Avoid the impact of the meter to the ground surface|
|Make sure to use specially equipped insulation rod to connect with the meter|
|After the test, insulation rod should be inclined on drawing in. Firstly tear down the tester and then the insulation rod, avoiding any impact of the meter to the ground surface|
- After normal boot, place the lead in the middle of clamp transducer domain, as shown in Figure A
- With the meter transducer domain perpendicular to the lead, push the meter forward to clamp the lead on test, the result is displayed on the LCD
- If “OL A” is displayed, it means that the lead current on test has exceeded the maximum volume on the level. Please select a higher gear level or a meter with greater measurement limit
- To pull backwards, remove from the lead on test, as shown in Figure C. On removing, please try to keep the meter transducer domain perpendicular to the lead when moving away.
- Under HOLD mode, press button to cancel HOLD function and return to normal testing mode
- Under data reference mode, press button for more than 3 seconds to exit from data reference mode and return to normal test mode
- In PEAK testing mode, press POWER button to exit from PEAK testing mode and returning to normal test mode.
- After data deletion, it will return to normal test mode automatically.
|Attention! When test has been completed, please remove the meter away from the lead on test for safety|
3. PEAK Test
PEAK test is the maximum current test. The meter will make automatic comparison on the changes in the measured current, indicating the maximum value and maintains it. When the meter is removed away from the lead on test, the test result will be kept consistent, suitable for the circuit test on the LCD data which is hard to be read directly.
Under the normal test mode, press button, PEAK indication light will be bright and enters into PEAK testing mode. That means the meter will display and keeps the maximum value in the test automatically.
Under any other mode, it must be returned to normal testing mode and then make PEAK testing according to the above operation.
Press button to exit from PEAK testing mode and return to normal testing mode. It will display “End” symbol during the exit.
4. Data Maintenance
Under normal testing mode, press HOLD button until the LCD displays “HOLD” symbol. Press HOLD button again to release the data lock and return to normal testing mode. “HOLD” symbol disappears.
5. Data Memory
Under normal testing mode, press to switch to data storage. At the same time, meter will automatically form serial numbers and displays the current preserved data. During storage, “MEM” symbol will be flashed once. This meter can store 99 groups of data. In case the memory is full, “” symbol will be displayed continuously, and it cannot continue to store data until the previous memory is cleared.
6. Data Reference
Under normal test mode, press + button to enter data reference mode. “” symbol is displayed and meanwhile data saved in the group 01 is displayed automatically. Then press or button to read the stored data by turning upwards or downwards in cycle. It will return to the group 1’s data automatically after reaching the last group’s data in storage.
Press button to exit from data reference mode and returning to normal test mode. During the exit, it will display “End” symbol.
7. Data Deletion
Under data reference mode, press + button to delete all the data in storage and return to normal test mode. During the deletion of data, it will display “dEL” symbol.
8. Data Transmission
GT00YA00ZW has the function of wireless data transmission. The Meter in test mode can transfer the test result to the receiver by wireless transmission and the receiver will display test result in real time.
Only in test mode, the meter will transmit. If the receiver has not received emission signals, it will display “no – -” symbol dynamically.
B Type: Transferred
Wireless transmission test data can be transmitted along a straight-line at a distance of about 98 Ft (30 m) which can penetrate the floor to receive data.
Operation of Receiver
1. Power On/Off
Press button to power on. The instrument will display the LCD screen entering the normal testing mode. If LCD display is relatively dark after power on, it is possible that the battery voltage is a bit lower. Please replace the battery. 15 minutes after power on, if the meter remains idle, an auto-power off procedure starts to preserve the battery life and LCD will continue to flash until the complete instrument switches off after 30 seconds. In case the LCD flashes continuously, press button, then the meter will continue to work.
Under HOLD mode, press to power off.
Under data reference, first, press button (for 3 seconds) to exit data reference mode. Then come back to data receive mode, press button once again to power off. During exit from data reference, it will display the symbol of “End”.
2. Data Reception
After normal power on, the receiver will be in receiving mode. If there is emission data, the receiver will display the test result in real time. If it has not received any signal, the receiver will search signals constantly, and display “no- -”symbol dynamically.
3. Data Maintenance
In Data Reception mode, press button and the LCD will display “HOLD” symbol. Press button once again to release the data lock and return to data reception mode. “HOLD” symbol will be displayed.
4. Data Memory
In Date Reception mode, press button to maintain the data, meanwhile, the receiver will automatically form serial number and store the current preserved data.
During storage, “MEM” symbol will be flashed once. The receiver can store 99 groups of data. In case of full storage, “FULL” symbol will flash continuously and the instrument cannot continue to store until the previous memory is cleaned.
5. Data Reference
In Data Reception mode, press +button to enter Data Reference mode and “MR” symbol will display, meanwhile, it will automatically display data saved in the group 1. Then press button or button to read the stored data by turning upwards or downwards in cycle. It will return to the group 1’s data automatically after reaching the last group’s data in storage.
Press button for more than 3 seconds to exit from data reference mode and return to receiving data mode. During the exit, it will show “End” symbol.
6. Data Deletion
In data reference mode, press + button to delete all the data in storage and return to Data Reception mode. During the deletion of data, it will display “dEL” symbol.
|Warning! In case the battery’s cover board is not closed properly, it is forbidden to conduct the test as it is dangerous.|
|Pay attention to the polarity of the battery, in case of damage to the meter|
|Do not mix in the use of new and old batteries|
- When the battery voltage is below 4.8 V, the meter will display “” symbol, indicating that the batteries have no sufficient power. Please replace the batteries.
- Power off to make sure the meter is off. To loosen two screws of the battery cover board, open the cover board to replace brand-new qualified batteries on. It should Special attention should be paid to the battery specification and polarity. Cover the board well and fasten the two screws
- Press button to check whether the meter can be powered on normally. If not, please repeat the operation according to step 2.
|Insulation Rod (1M/Section)||1 Section|
|Battery (Alkaline Dry Battery AAA)||4 PCS (or 8 PCS)|
|User’s Manual/ Maintenance Card/ Conformity Certificate||1 SET|