The GAOTek Multi-Wavelength Single Laser Light Source is a handheld device that gives a high stability multi-wavelength output from a single laser source. It can provide 1 to 4 wavelength output according to the specific requirements including the 650 nm red source,1310 nm/1550 nm wavelength for the single mode fiber and 850 nm/1300 nm wavelength for the multimode fiber or other wavelengths as per the requirement. This device when combined with an optical power meter can be used for measuring optical loss on both single mode and multimode fiber cable.
- Provides 1~4 wavelengths output and wavelengths can be optional according to customer requirement
- CW, 2 Hz modulation output at 650 nm, and CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz modulation output at other wavelengths
- High stability of the output power
- Stable output wavelength
- Large LCD, easy operation
- Backlight LCD display supports night operation
- Alternative 10 minutes Auto-off function conserving battery life
- Compact size which can be carried easily
|Wavelengths||650 nm||1310 nm/1550 nm||850 nm/1300 nm||850 nm/1300 nm/1550 nm||850 nm/1300 nm/1310 nm/1550 nm|
|Emitter Type||FP-LD, LED or others|
|Typical Output Power||0 dBm||-7 dBm for LD, -20 dBm for LED|
|Spectral Width||≤10 nm|
|Output Stability||±0.05 dB/15 mins; ±0.1 dB/8 hours|
|Modulation Frequencies||CW, 2 Hz||CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz|
|Optical Connector||FC universal adaptor||FC/PC|
|Power Supply||Alkaline Battery (3 AA 1.5 V batteries)|
|Battery Operating Time||45 hours|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F～140 °F (-10 °C～60 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F～158 °F (-25 °C～70 °C)|
|Dimension||5.98 in × 2.91 in × 1.02 in (152 mm × 74 mm × 26 mm)|
|Weight||0.39 lbs (180 g)|
Keys and Functions
- Wavelengths output ports: FC/PC or other type connectors can be required.
- Liquid Crystal Display: For wavelength display; Modulation indicator.
- “ON/OFF” Key: Press to turn the Handheld Light Source Light On or Off.
- “Wave” key: For wavelength selection
- “Mode” key: Modulation control: CW light output and modulated light output can be selected by pushing “Mode” key. When modulated light output is selected, a dot appears in LCD.
- Press “ON/OFF” key for about one second to switch on Handheld Light Source, default wavelength is 1310 nm.
- To use Handheld Light Source light source:
- Connection: FC/PC connector.
- Wavelength selection: Press “Wave” key for wavelength selection.
- Modulation: Press the “MODE” key, choose the “CW”, “270 Hz”, “1 KHz” or “2 KHz” light output.
- Switch off: Press “ON/OFF” key to switch Handheld Light Source off.
- If the Handheld Light Source is not used for a long time, the light output port must be protected with the dustproof hat.
- When the Handheld Light Source is used for a period of time, the output port maybe polluted. It results in the output power decreasing. So the connector must be cleaned with alcohol cotton.
- If not using for a long time, please take out the battery.
- Don’t take apart the Handheld Light Source please. If there are any other troubles, please contact with the manufacturer.
- DO NOT look into Handheld Light Source adapters directly when light source is on, laser output does harm to your eyes.
|1||The output light is unstable or decreases rapidly while operation.||Change battery or re-charge battery.|
|2||Output power is fluctuating.||After warm-up for 15 minutes, then operate it.|
|3||The output port is polluted.||Clean the connector with alcohol smoothly or contact with supplier.|
- Telecommunication networks
- CATV networks
- Cabling systems engineering
- Research and education
|Handheld Light Source||1|
|Battery (1.5 V)||3|