The GAOTek Multi-Wavelength Single Laser Light Source is a handheld device which provides a high stability multi-wavelength output from a single laser source. It can provide 1 to 4 wavelength outputs including a 650 nm red source, 1310 nm/1550 nm wavelengths for single-mode fiber, and 850 nm/1300 nm wavelengths for the multi-mode fiber. This device, when combined with an optical power meter, can be used for measuring optical loss on both single-mode and multi-mode fiber cables.
- Provides 1~4 wavelengths output and wavelengths can be optional according to customer requirement
- CW, 2 Hz modulation output at 650 nm, and CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz modulation output at other wavelengths
- High stability of the output power
- Stable output wavelength
- Large LCD, easy operation
- Backlight LCD display supports night operation
- Alternative 10 minutes Auto-off function conserving battery life
- Compact size which can be carried easily
|Wavelengths||650 nm||1310 nm/1550 nm||850 nm/1300 nm||850 nm/1300 nm/1550 nm||850 nm/1300 nm/1310 nm/1550 nm|
|Emitter Type||FP-LD, LED or others|
|Typical Output Power||0 dBm||-7 dBm for LD, -20 dBm for LED|
|Spectral Width||≤10 nm|
|Output Stability||±0.05 dB/15 mins; ±0.1 dB/8 hours|
|Modulation Frequencies||CW, 2 Hz||CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz|
|Optical Connector||FC universal adaptor||FC/PC|
|Power Supply||Alkaline Battery (3 AA 1.5 V batteries)|
|Battery Operating Time||45 hours|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F～140 °F (-10 °C～60 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F～158 °F (-25 °C～70 °C)|
|Dimension||5.98 in × 2.91 in × 1.02 in (152 mm × 74 mm × 26 mm)|
|Weight||0.39 lbs (180 g)|
Keys and Functions
- Wavelengths output ports: FC/PC or other type connectors can be required.
- Liquid Crystal Display: For wavelength display; Modulation indicator.
- “ON/OFF” Key: Press to turn the Handheld Light Source Light On or Off.
- “Wave” key: For wavelength selection
- “Mode” key: Modulation control: CW light output and modulated light output can be selected by pushing “Mode” key. When modulated light output is selected, a dot appears in LCD.
- Press “ON/OFF” key for about one second to switch on Handheld Light Source, default wavelength is 1310 nm.
- To use Handheld Light Source light source:
- Connection: FC/PC connector.
- Wavelength selection: Press “Wave” key for wavelength selection.
- Modulation: Press the “MODE” key, choose the “CW”, “270 Hz”, “1 KHz” or “2 KHz” light output.
- Switch off: Press “ON/OFF” key to switch Handheld Light Source off.
- If the Handheld Light Source is not used for a long time, the light output port must be protected with the dustproof hat.
- When the Handheld Light Source is used for a period of time, the output port maybe polluted. It results in the output power decreasing. So the connector must be cleaned with alcohol cotton.
- If not using for a long time, please take out the battery.
- Don’t take apart the Handheld Light Source please. If there are any other troubles, please contact with the manufacturer.
- DO NOT look into Handheld Light Source adapters directly when light source is on, laser output does harm to your eyes.
|1||The output light is unstable or decreases rapidly while operation.||Change battery or re-charge battery.|
|2||Output power is fluctuating.||After warm-up for 15 minutes, then operate it.|
|3||The output port is polluted.||Clean the connector with alcohol smoothly or contact with supplier.|
- Telecommunication networks
- CATV networks
- Cabling systems engineering
- Research and education
|Handheld Light Source||1|
|Battery (1.5 V)||3|