GAOTek Infrared Thermometer with Drop Resistance (Cost-Effective)’ is designed to measure the various temperatures using thermal imaging camera with the detector of array size 160 × 120 and 384 × 288 and stores 1.3 million pixels CCD images. It supports 2X digital zoom. The images can be stored in thermal file and Visual file in JPEG format and H.264 with original thermal measurement data. It is designed with anti-shock, vibration resistance and drop resistance environment friendly features. It provides built-in microphone for voice annotation and has built-in visible light to manage the images. It complies with IP-54 standards.
- 37 in. (2 m) drop resistant
- Supports °C, °F or K measurement scale
- 3 million Pixels CCD images
- 7 in (6.86 cm) touch screen
- High cost effective
- Various temperature measurement functions
- Hot and cold spot storage measurement
- Supports text and audio annotation via image storage
- Built-in emissivity table list of common materials
- Supports 2X digital zoom
- JPEG storage with voice annotation
- Supports the video output-NTSC and PAL
- CMOS visible image and storage
- Image storage via TF Card
- 11 user selectable color palettes and 11 user selectable languages
- Supports 4 removable spot, 3 areas and 3 movable lines measurements
- Supports Isotherm measurement function
|Temperature Ranges||-4 °F to 662 °F (-20 °C to +350 °C)
(can expand to 1202 °F (650 °C))
|-4 °F to 1202 °F (-20 °C to +650 °C)
|Standards||IP54, IEC 68-2-29, IEC 68-2-6 grade, IEC 60 285|
|Detector||Uncooled FPA micro bolometer|
|Array Size/Format||160 × 120||384 × 288|
|Pixel Pitch||25 um|
|Field of View||25o × 19o|
|Focal Distance||3.93 in (0.1 m)|
|Spatial Resolutions (IFOV)||2.72 mrad||1.36 mrad|
|Thermal Sensitivity||32.11 °F @ 86 °F (≤ 0.06 °C @ 30 °C)||32.09 °F @ 86 °F (≤ 0.05 °C @ 30 °C)|
|Frame Rate||50 Hz/60 Hz|
|Spectral Range||8 um ~ 14 um|
|Built-in Visible Light||Yes|
|LCD Display||2.7 in (6.86 cm) TFT color LCD, 640 × 480 pixels|
|Color Palette||11 Palettes changeable|
|Image Adjustment||Auto / manual gain and brightness|
|Measurement Accuracy||± 35.6 °F (±2 °C) or ±2 % of reading|
|Measurement Mode||Up to 4 movable spots, 3 movable areas, 3 movable lines, Isotherms, temperature difference, Alarm (voice, color)|
|Emissivity Correction||Variable from 0.01 to 1.0|
|Background Temperature Correction||Automatic correction according to user input|
|Atmospheric Transmission Correction||Automatic correction according to user input, object distance, humidity and temperature|
|Storage Card||2 G SD card, max 16 G|
|Storage Mode||Automatic/manual single file saving, IR and Visual image link saving|
|Memory Card Slot||Micro SD (TF)|
|External DC Input||Yes|
|Thermal File Format||JPEG, H.264|
|Visual File Format||JPEG, H.264|
|Voice Annotation||Up to 60 seconds of digital voice clip with each cared thermal imaging.|
|Laser Pointer||1 mw / 635 nm (red)|
|Battery Type||Li-ion battery rechargeable|
|Battery Operating Time||3 hours (Continuously)|
|Power Saving||Auto dormancy and auto-shut down|
|Vibration Resistance||2 G|
|Drop Resistance||39.37 in (2 m)|
|Handrail||Can be installed on both sides|
|Tripod||¼” – 20 – UNC|
|Dimensions||9.05 in × 4.13 in × 9.65 in (230 mm × 105 mm × 245 mm)|
|Weight||2.16 lbs. (0.98 kg)|
|Humidity||≤ 90 % (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to +50 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F to 140 °F (-25 °C to +60 °C)|
|Product Number||Temperature Ranges||Array Size/Format||Thermal Sensitivity||Spatial Resolutions (IFOV)|
|GT00YT00ZJ-A||-4 °F to 662 °F (-20 °C to +350 °C)
(can expand to 1202 °F (650 °C))
|160 × 120||32.11 °F @ 86 °F (≤ 0.06 °C @ 30 °C)||2.72 mrad|
|GT00YT00ZJ-B||-4 °F to 1202 °F (-20 °C to +650 °C)
|384 × 288||32.09 °F @ 86 °F (≤ 0.05 °C @ 30 °C)||1.36 mrad|
- Power Industry
- Electrical System
- Mechanical System
- Moisture detection
- Iron and steel Industry
- Fire Fighting
- Infrared thermal image camera (with wrist strap)
- Carrying case
- Video out cable
- Lithium ion batteries – 2 pcs
- User manual
- Infrared report and analysis software system CD
- Lithium battery charger
- Lens cap
- TF card
- TF card reader
- USB cable
- External 0.5x wide-angle lens
- External 2x telescopic lens
- Eye patch
- Power adapter (with power cable and plug)
- European standard plug
- European standard charger
1. Power Key:
To power ON/OFF the camera press and hold the POWER key for greater than 3 seconds.
Note: If the Camera is switched OFF do not ON immediately. Wait for 10 seconds to Power ON the camera.
2. Select/ Auto key (Marked “A”)
The “A” attribute performs the following functions.
- Modification of selected parameters. It is obtained by quick press and release the “A” key less than 2 seconds.
- Force an internal calibration cycle. This is performed by pressing and holding the “A” key for 5 seconds or more. The camera will make automatic correction to get the most accurate measurement.
- Image transmission via Bluetooth. Open the Bluetooth, select image and press the “A” key. It will display the sending message.
3. Cancel/Camera key (marked “C):
The “C” key performs the following functions
- To cancel the ongoing operation, press and release the “C” key.
- When an image is frozen or being viewed from memory, press the “C” key to return to real- time measurement status.
- Pressing and releasing the “C” key will toggle between the thermal image and the visible CCD camera image.
- To delete the selected parameter press the “C” key.
4. Freeze/Save key (Marked “S”):
Used to freeze or saving the image.
5. Menu/Confirm key (bar):
Includes Up, Down, Left, Right and menu/Confirm (center) keys. Functions of each key varies in operations.
In Menu mode, it is used for menu selection.
- Up and down keys are for same level of menu operation.
- Left and Right keys are for different levels of menu operation.
- Confirm key (center) is to activate the menu and confirm the choice.
In image mode
Up or Down key to activate X2 digital zoom. Screen will display “X2” in the upper left corner.
To return to the original image press up or down key.
6. Trigger/Shortcut key
The trigger key serves as a shortcut to access the following functions:
Laser- Pressing the trigger key activates the laser sight and releasing deactivates it.
Spot, Area- Pressing and releasing the trigger key adds a spot or area. To remove the spot or area press and release again.
Video and Image Save – Press the key to initiate the save cycle.
Zoom- Press the key to zoom the infrared image
LCD brightness adjustment- Press the key to activate the LCD and adjust the brightness.
Used for recording a voice message with the saved message.
1. USB output:
Insert the USB cable to this port and connect to the computer for data transmission (only support USB2.0).
2. TF Card slot
To upgrade the device or image storage the standard size TF card is supplied with 2 GB capacity card.
3. Video port
It is a video output interface.
4. Power Interface:
It is used as external power input interface. Power source should be +12 V DC. Center pin is positive terminal.
Graphic interface description
Screen graphic Interface
- Company logo： GAOTek
- Operating status: displays the current operational status
- Spot temperature measurement: White crosshair
- Selected spot temperature: Yellow crosshair
- Emissivity: Indicates Imagers emissivity setting.
- Minimum temperature: Indicates minimum value of the palette.
- Palette: Palette bar. User can choose different palettes.
- Maximum temperature: Indicates maximum value of the palette.
- Battery status: Indicates the current battery status.
- Result: Indicates the temperature value of the target object. Black and yellow denotes the temperature value of the selected object.
- Temperature unit: Three options: °C, °F or K.
- External lens symbol: Displays “0.5x” for wide-angle or “2x” for telephoto lens.
- SD card symbol: Displays “SD” when TF card is installed.
- Digital zoom symbol: Displays “X2” when digital zoom is activated.
Main menu: Displays four options: Measurement, auto/manually, Setup, and File.
Low-level menu: > this key indicates a low-level menu is available, accessed by the right arrow key.
Used for adding or deleting a measurement. Press Menu key to activate the main menu. Select Measurement and press Confirm key. It will display the Measurement dialog box. Use the Left and Right arrows to scroll through the available measurement options. Options are:
- None – Deletes all measurements from the screen.
- Add Hot Spot – adds a moving cursor that automatically displays the hottest spot in the image. Designated by SH and +H.
- Add Cold Spot – adds a moving cursor that automatically displays the coldest spot in the image. Designated by SL and +L.
- Add Spot – Adds up to 2 fixed cursors, user adjustable by the cursor editing mode. Designated by S1, +1 and S2, +2.
- Horizontal – Adds horizontal line measurement to display profile of temperatures along the line. Designated by LH. Either Horizontal or Vertical can be enabled at one time, but not both.
- Vertical – Adds vertical line measurement to display profile of temperature along the vertical line. Designated by LV. Either Horizontal or Vertical can be enabled at one time, but not both.
- Area – adds up to 3 area boxes, with min, max or average detection within each box. Areas can be sized and moved by the user.
! NOTE: To delete a single object, press A key to select the object and then press C key to delete.
Press Menu key to activate the main menu. Select Setup->MeasureSet and press Confirm key to pop up the Measuring Setup dialog box. User can view or set temperature range, lens type, temperature unit, ambient temperature, reference type and reference temperature. Press Up and Down keys to choose different items, Left and Right keys to modify the item contents.
- Temp Range: Select Temp Range according to target temperature
- Low Temperature Range -4 °F/356 °F (-20 °C /180 °C) or high Temp Range 212 °F/1112 °F/(100 °C/600 °C) Low temperature -4 °F/662 °F (-20 °C/350 °C)
- Lens: Select Standard, Telephoto or Wide Angle. A mark will display when Telephoto or Wide Angle is selected.
- Temperature unit: Select between °C, °F and K scales.
- Ambient temperature: Camera will display internal ambient temperature automatically. Used for automatic calibration and is not user editable.
- Reference type: When Ref Type is “On”, the temperature of the measured object displayed by the cursor on the screen is the difference from the selected reference or the reference temperature set below.
- Reference temperature: When Ref Temp is enabled, this item is editable. A fixed temperature may be entered as the reference temperature, or select a measurement object in “Ref Temp”.
Press Menu key to activate the main menu. Select Setup->Adjustment and press Confirm key to pop up the Adjustment dialog box. User may set emissivity, temperature correct and ambient temperature. Press Up and Down keys to choose different items, Left and Right keys to modify the item contents.
- Emissivity: The emissivity of a given material will vary with temperature and surface finish. The system will take the default value if the settings are not set manually.
- Customize: Select material from pre-defined list via left and right keys.
- Correct: Temperature correction setup.
- Ambient temperature: when Ambient Temp is enabled, user can input the value of ambient temperature.
User can set temperature alarm, alarm temperature, alarm color, isotherm color, isotherm temperature and isotherm width. Press Up and Down keys to choose menu items, Left and Right keys to modify the item contents. An alarm is triggered when a measurement cursor’s measurement meets or exceeds the Set Alarm Temp setting. All pixels above this temperature will change to the color as set in Alarm Color. When the Alarm Color is set to “None1”, the audible alarm will sound. When using alarms with Area measurements, the selected measurement mode, Min, Max or Average will have to meet or exceed the temperature in order to trigger the alarm.
- Temp Alarm: OFF disables alarm function, ON enables alarm function and allows setting of Set Alarm Temp and Alarm Color.
- Alarming Temp: Set the alarm detection temperature. Temp Alarm is set to on when it is enabled.
- Alarming Color: Selects the color in which the alarming pixels are displayed. If set to “none”, no changes are made to the screen’s color. Temp Alarm is set to on when it is enabled.
- Isotherm Color: Activates the Isotherm display by displaying the image in the set temperature range by the specified color. Setting to OFF, disables the feature.
- Isotherm Temp: Set the center temperature of the isotherm.
- Isotherm Width: Set the width of the displayed Isotherm band. For example, if Isotherm Temp is set to 122 °F (50 °C) and Isotherm Width is set to 1 °C, the isotherm band will be from 121.5 F (49.5 °C) to 122.5 °F (50.5 °C).
Press the Menu key to activate the main menu. Select File->Open, press the Confirm key to open the saved images. Press Left and Right keys to change the images. Press C key to exit the opened image and return to measurement status. The image which is saved or opened at last will display first.
- Current file name, created by Imager.
- Current displayed image file number
- Total number of images currently stored
It is used for saving the image, performs the same functionality as the Save key. With Voice Save set in Save Settings menu, if Voice Save was On, Recording will start. Speak clearly into the microphone on the control panel. Record function allows up to 60 seconds of recording time and may be stopped at any time by pressing the Confirm key.
Link Save – With Link Save “On”, the imager will save an IR image and a CCD image with every save operation. With Link Save “off”, the imager will only save whichever image the camera is viewing at the time of the save.
NOTE: When Imager is in the visible camera mode, thermal detector calibration does not occur and may result in lower accuracy images when saved. Always save the thermal images with thermal camera active, when Link Save is ON.
NOTE: To add voice comment to an already existing uncommented image, enable Voice Save, open the image to be modified and select File>Save. The imager will prompt you to record the message and the new image will be assigned to a new image number while the old image will remain unchanged.
Auto Save allows the camera to automatically save images at a 37 user-specified interval. Voice annotation is inactive with Auto Save. The function is disabled with auto Save is set to 0. To enable, select 10 to 3600 seconds (1 hour), in 1-second increments. Press the Confirm key, the recording timer will start saving images at the selected interval.
Delete is used for deleting the image. When camera is in image replay mode, press Menu key to activate the main menu, select File->Delete, press Confirm key to pop out the below prompt box. Press Confirm key to delete the current opened image. If it has voice comment, it will be deleted together. Press C key to cancel the deletion.
Battery safety and usage:
Batteries should be stored in an ambient temperature of -4 °F (–20 °C) to 67.9 °F (+20 °C). Lithium batteries will self-discharge during storage, so they should be fully charged before storage. Self-discharge may affect long term battery performance. Furthermore, it is recommended that the battery should be charged in a set time, as below;
Ambient temperature of:
-4 °F (–20 °C) to 67.9 °F (+20 °C), once every 6 months
67.9 °F (+20 °C) to 113 °F (+45 °C), once every 3 months
113 °F (+45 °C) to 149 °F (+60 °C), once every month
Battery should have greater than 50% charge prior to recharge. The ambient temperature for charging should be 32 °F (0 °C) to 104 °F (+40 °C). If under 32 °F (0 °C), the battery capacity will be diminished; if over 104 °F (+40 °C), the battery may overheat, resulting in permanent damage.
Battery Installation and Replacement
Inserting or removing battery
Battery compartment is located inside the handle. Turn the cover counter-clockwise to remove. Remove battery for replacement.
Insert the battery (the battery contacts must face into the battery compartment).
Replace the cover and screw down.
|Problem||Cause and solution|
|Camera does not power on||Battery not installed or installed incorrectly →Install battery or re-install battery
Battery is out of power
“Power off” protection is enabled
→Wait for 5 seconds and reboot.
|Camera powers off automatically||Battery is out of power.
AutoOffTime option is enabled
→Set as None.
|Battery depletion is too fast||Environmental temperature is too low. Rechargeable battery is not charged completely.
→Recharge the battery.
Rechargeable battery is out of power completely and cannot be recharged.
→Change to new battery.
|No thermal Image||Lens cover is not removed.
→Remove lens cover.
image freeze status
→Press C key to exit.
|Thermal image is white-black||White-black palette is selected
→Select normal palette.