GAOTek Multi-Function Optical Talk Set combines in one set the functions of both a digital optical phone and a stabilized light source. It provides high quality digital communication with a dynamic range of 40 dB and a transmission distance of up to 49.7 mi (80 km). This instrument offers full duplex numeral pronunciation correspondence function and high-quality conversation with low background noise, therefore, longer distances will not affect the signal too much. It is highly reliable and easy to use with an optical clip-on coupler. It is widely used in installation, optical testing and maintenance and fiber attenuation value testing in data, CATV and telecommunication networks.
- Clear full duplex digital communication
- Large LCD display with backlight
- Optical clip-on coupler
- Low battery power indication
- Stabilized light source
- Full duplex numeral pronunciation correspondence function
- High quality conversation and low background noise
- Online display and online call
- Large LCD screen
- Seven colors background light
- Low power alarm
- Stabilized Light Source
|Transmission distance||49.7 mi (80 Km)|
|Dynamic range||40 dB|
|Wavelength||1310 nm/1550 nm|
|Output power(dBm)||-5 dBm～-7 dBm (9 um/125 um)|
|Modulation||CW, 270 Hz,1 KHz, 2 KHz|
|Output Stability||<=±0.05 dB|
|Operating Time||10 Hrs (Continuous)|
|Power supply||Alkaline Battery|
|Power adapter||8.4 V|
|Dimensions||7.5 in × 4.0 in × 3.5 in (192 mm ×102 mm × 90 mm)|
|Weight||0.74 lbs (0.338 Kg)|
- Telecommunication project maintenance
- CATV project maintenance
- Data network project maintenance
- Other optical fiber projects
- Optical communication teaching and research
- Light Output Port: GAO-OTS-101 uses the FC adapter for light output port.
- Large LCD Screen: Displays various menus, battery capacity and etc.
- Press “ENTER” key to access the main function or confirm an operation.
- Press “CANCEL” key to return to the upper menu or cancel an operation.
- Press “B_LIGHT” key to on/off the background light or change the background light color.
- Press “↓↑” key to browse the main menu.
- Press “ON/OFF” key to turn on/off the equipment. The equipment will automatically shut-down after 10 minutes of idle time.
- DC Port: Power source adapter connection, when battery indicator light up on the LCD screen, please charge the equipment.
- MIC Port: It is used to insert the microphone.
- PHONE Port: Connects with PHONE to establish a conversation.
- Press “ON/OFF” key to turn it on, a menu will appear as shown below:
- Press “ON/OFF” key to turn it off. The unit will turn itself off after ten minutes of idle time.
- The symbol on the bottom right corner. (“√” shows channel is established; “×” shows channel has not been established).
From the symbol, you can start a conversation or wait for the opposite party to turn its unit on.
- After turning on the unit, the main menu will appear on the screen. Press “↓↑” key to browse the menus and press “ENTER” key to access the sub-menu.
- GAO-OTS-101’s main menu has the following two working modes (from top to bottom): Talk set and Light source.
Talk Set Working mode: Press “ENTER” to access the Talk Set menu:
- There are four functions available in Talk Set menu: “Reset”, “Call”, “Local λ” and “Remote λ”. Press “↓↑” to browse the four functions. Press “ENTER” key to confirm the operation.
- Press “RESET” to re-establish the digital channel. If the digital channel is successfully established, the
LCD screen will be as below:
- 3. Press “Call” to call the opposite party and make its telephone ring. Then Press “Local λ” to display the unit’s laser wavelength.
“Light source” Working mode
- Press “ENTER” to access the Light Source menu
- In the menu, there are four functions available to choose from: “CW”, “270Hz”, “1kHz”, “2kHz”.
Press “↓↑” to browse the four functions. Press “ENTER” key to confirm the operation.
- Press “CW” to access the steady light source working mode.
There are seven background light colors in GAO-OTS-101; they are yellow, blue, purple, white, red and two types of green color. Press “B_LIGHT” key to turn on /off the background light. Then press “↓↑” to change the color within 3 seconds or directly press “ENTER”.
- When the battery indicator on bottom left corner is empty, please charge the battery as this indicates battery is flat.
- Please note the indicator lamp when charging.
- Please turn off the talk sets if the battery is low.
- Earphone Use the volume control on the earphone to increase or reduce the volume.
Please Note: In order to realize the long distance conversation over a single fiber, we must use one set of talk sets. Each of them must have different wavelength, the typical combination is 1310 nm and 1550 nm. GAO-OTS-101 has full duplex voice communication. Please do not connect it to the other brands of talk sets.
- Please clean the sensor’s surface regularly to keep it free of dust and oil. Do not use unclean and non-standard connectors. Do not insert the bad polished surface to avoid mangling the sensor’s surface and the whole system performance.
- Please use the same type of adapter only.
- Please screw back the dust protective cap if not in use for a period time.
- Please gently insert/pull out the connector to avoid scratching the surface.
- Please use a cotton bud to clean the sensor’s surface regularly.
- If the equipment will not be used for a period of time, remove the batteries to keep the battery from damping.
|LCD display is faint||Insufficient power||Replace the batteries or charge the rechargeable battery|
|No display after turning on||Insufficient power||Replace battery or Restart the unit|
|Readings on the LCD screen remain the same or fluctuant slightly after turning on||Problem with the connector or the display is locked||Inspect the connection of the connector or clean the sensor’s surface|
|GAO-OTS-101 Light Source/Talk Set Machine||1|
|Rechargeable Batteries+ Adapter||1|