GAOTek Optical Fiber Ranger with Pulse Width Control (Lightweight) is a portable, lightweight instrument which is used for accurate and easy identification of the fiber fault locations. It adopts the OTDR technical principles and integrates the powerful analysis software, which makes it an ideal instrument for fiber repair and maintenance.
- Detects up to eight fiber faults in each measurement
- Automatic Pulse Width Control design ensures a convenient operation
- Built-in visual fault locator (VFL) locates the faults in dead zone conveniently
- Easy to identify the faults location.
- Portable, rugged, lightweight and easy to use.
- More accurate testing results and better repeatability.
- Longer battery life, supports up to 5000 measurements operation
- Dust, water and shock proof, designed for outdoor use
|Operating Wavelength||1625 nm ( 1310 nm, 1550 nm Optional)|
|Fiber Type||0.000354 in/0.00492 in (9 um/125 um) Single Mode Fiber|
|Optical Connector Type||FC/PC|
|Peak Power of laser||≥60 mW|
|Max. Displaying Distance||Reflection Event||37.3 mi (60 km) (≥1 dB)|
|Non-reflection Event||12.4 mi (20 km) (≥2.5 dB)|
|Reflection Event Dead Zone||49.2 ft (15 m)|
|Distance Accuracy (Reflection Event)||±(6.56 ft (2 m) + 2 x 10 (-4) x Distance）|
|Wavelength of VFL Option||650 nm|
|Output Power of VFL Option||>=1 mW|
|Power Supply||Alkaline Battery (3 pcs AA 4.5 V Batteries)|
|Battery Operating Time||≥5000 measurements|
|Working Temperature||23 °F to 104 °F (-5 °C to 40 ℃)|
|Storage Temperature||14 °F to 140 °F (-10 °C to 60 ℃)|
|Humidity||0 % – 85 % (Non-condensation)|
|Dimensions||7.48 in x 3.94 in x 1.97 in (190 mm x 100 mm x 50 mm)|
|Weight||0.99 lbs (450 g)|
Applications of the Instrument
- Testing the distance of the fiber and identifying the faults location in the fiber link.
- Locating reflective and non-reflective breaks in the fiber network.
- Inspection of fiber repair and maintenance.
Fiber Ranger – 1 pc
1.5 V batteries – 3 pcs
User Manual – 1 pc
Cotton swabs – 1 pc
Soft carrying case – 1 pc