GAOTek Optical Light Source with Multi-Wavelength (One Switch) is designed to provide single to four- wavelength output including 650 nm visible light source and 850 nm/1300 nm wavelength for multi-mode fiber or 1310 nm/1550 nm dual-wavelengths for single mode fiber, as well as other wavelengths according to user’s needs. The wavelengths can be switched by using just one switch. Together with an optical power meter this device can be used to measure optical loss on both single mode and multimode fiber cable. This device gives high stability of the output power.
- Portable size and easy operation
- Provides 1~6 wavelengths according to need for single-mode and multi-mode fibers.
- High stable single or four-wavelength output at CW or modulated mode; CW, 2 Hz modulation output at 650 nm, and CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz modulation output at other wavelengths
- Large LCD screen
- Backlight LCD display supports night operation
- High stability of the output power
- Auto shut down function
- Low power self-inspecting function
|Wavelength||1310 nm/1490 nm/1550 nm||1310 nm/1550 nm|
|Output Power||@ 1310 nm/1490 nm/1550 nm (-6 dBm～-7 dBm)|
|Modulation||CW/2 Hz (650)/270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz (1310, 1550)|
|Fiber Type||single mode, multi-mode|
|Power Supply||AA 1.5 V (3 pcs batteries), 9 V AC Adapter|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F～140 °F (-10 °C～60 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F～158 °F (-25 °C～70 °C)|
|Battery Life||45 hours|
|Dimensions||7.28 in × 3.30 in × 1.88 in (185 mm × 84 mm × 48 mm)|
|Weight||0.39 lbs (180 g)|
Function Instructions of the device
- “” Power Supply Switch: Press it to turn on or off the unit. Auto Shut Off Selection: Press this key shortly to turn on or off the auto shut off function. Under this situation, the unit will automatically shut off after 10 minutes idle time.
- “λ” Wavelength Selection: Press this key to switch the wavelength and display it in the middle of the LCD screen.
- “CW” Switch the modulation: Press this key to switch modulation between the continuous light and modulated light. The frequency of modulated light is 650 nm (CW, 2 HZ) 1310 nm/1550 nm (270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz) and it will be displayed on the top right corner of the LCD screen where it will show 0 Hz under the continuous light mode.
Turn On/Off the unit
Press key to turn it on, then the LCD screen display the following information:
- When using the AC adapter, the AC adapter’s mark will be shown on the central left screen and lighted.
- The battery mark is shown on the left bottom screen and will be lighted when using the battery. The capacity in the mark will decrease with battery power. Please replace the battery when the mark is empty.
- The “auto-off” mark is shown on the bottom screen. The auto off function is lighted and valid after the unit is turned on. The unit will automatically shut off after ten minutes idle time.
- The wavelength is shown in the middle of the screen, the unit is nm.
- The frequency is shown on the top left screen, the unit is Hz.
Press again to turn off the light source.
- Clean the optical connector and adapter regularly.
- Use the regulated optical connector for the test.
- Shut off the power and cover the dust-proof cap after your test.
- Select the power supply within the required voltage range when using AC adapter.
- Please take out the battery when it is not in operation for a period of time.
|Faint display on the LCD screen||The battery power is low||Charge or replace the battery|
|Fail to turn the unit on||Low battery power or the battery is put wrongly||Replace the battery
Re-insert the battery
|Optical power is not stable after the unit turned off||Use it after 15 minutes warm-up|
- Ensure the connector is clean when tested.
- Do not plug in the power supply when install the battery.
- Do not look into the laser beam while testing.
- Please charge the battery before using and do not charge it in the unit.
- Please cover the dust-proof cap when it is not in operation.
- Maintenance in telecom
- Maintenance in CATV
- Fiber optic lab testing
- Other fiber optic measurements
|Power Supply Adapter||1|
|Soft Carrying Case||1|