GAOTek Optical Power Meter (Wide dynamic measurement and User self-calibration) has a wide dynamic measurement range (up to 80 dB) with six calibrated wavelength points: 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm and also includes a user self-calibration function. It can be used for linearity and non-linearity test, displaying both direct and relative test of optical power. This device an integrated optical power meter aimed at optical network operation, maintenance, equipment research and development. Its display resolution level and test accuracy are high. It can be widely used in the test of LAN, WAN, metropolitan network, CATV or long-distance fiber networks.
- Wide dynamic measurement range (up to 80 dB)
- User self-calibration function
- Absolute power measurement of dBm or xW and insertion loss in dB
- Used to test optical power within range of six calibrated wavelength range points 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm
- High display resolution level and test accuracy
- 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz frequency light identification and indication
- Reference power level storage
- 10 minutes Auto OFF function can be activated or deactivated.
- AA alkaline batteries can last more than 140 hours, AC adaptor also available
- Low voltage indication
- Applicable to versatile adapters (FC, ST, SC, LC)
- Handheld, easy to use with large LCD screen and backlight LCD
|Wavelength||800 nm – 1700 nm|
|Measurement Range||-70 dBm to 10 dBm, -50 dBm to 30 dBm|
|Calibrated Wavelength||850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm|
|Optical Connector||FC (interchangeable SC, ST)/as well as 0.09 in (2.5 mm) universal|
|Power Supply||Alkaline battery (3 AA 1.5 V batteries); AC Adaptor (9 V)|
|Battery Operating Time||140 h with 1.5 V battery (3 pcs)|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F to 140 °F (-10 °C to 60 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13 °F to 158 °F (-25°C to 70°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 % to 95 % RH (non-condensing)|
|Dimension||7.48 in x 3.9 in x 1.97 in (190 mm x 100 mm x 50 mm)|
|Weight||0.82 lb (370 g)|
- Turn ON/Turn OFF
You can use turn on/off function when pressing the key. Auto off function is available by default when you turn on the meter. When this meter is on, short pressing key can enable the Auto-off function after 10 minutes. Press key again to close this function. Pressing button for more than 2 seconds can turn off this meter.
- dBm key
Press this button to display absolute optical power measurement value.
- λ key
This is the wavelength choice key. You can choose one of the following six wavelengths, namely 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, by pressing λ key. The wave length which is chosen will be displayed on LCD screen. The default wavelength is 1310 nm; others are 1310 nm, 1490 nm, 1550 nm, 1625 nm, 850 nm, 1300 nm.
- REF key
Press this key for the LCD to display relative power value.
- key (Open/Off backlight)
Press this key to control the backlight On or Off.
- 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz frequency light identification
When the entering light is 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz modulated light, the meter can identify the frequency automatically and display it on the LCD. This function should be used with laser source.
- Please keep the sensor surface clean, do not use the dirty or non-standard adapter tie-in, do not insert into the port which is poorly polished, otherwise, it will damage the sensor end.
- Please operate carefully to replace adapter for different linkers. The spare adapter should be stored hermetically to avoid the dust.
- Please cover the dustproof cover to keep the interface clean when the optical power meter is not used. Please do not put the sensor in the air, or a test error will be caused because of the dust.
- Please clean the sensor end regularly.
- In order to make the service time of battery as long as possible. Please take out the battery if it is not used for long.
|LCD display is dark.||Low voltage.||Replace battery or charge.|
|Big error for test result.||Sensor’s surface is dirty.||Clean sensor, Replace battery or charge.|
|There is nothing displayed when the meter is switched on.||The battery is under voltage/ other reasons.||Replace battery.|