GAOTek OTDR with Wide Dynamic Range (Short Event Dead Zone) is a high performance measuring instrument with multifunction designed for testing FTTx network. It is used to measure the physical characteristics of optical fiber under test such as length, transmission loss, and splice loss. Additionally, it can locate the faults or breaks of optical fiber. It has wide application in the field of manufacturing, construction and maintenance of optical fiber communication system.
It is designed to be solid, durable while adopting a duplex operation mode of touch screen and key press. It is equipped with an advanced antireflection LCD display unit inside and the operating interface is visible outdoor as well. The device has 4 optical ports and it can be changed at random in convenience for cleaning the optical fiber end face. The instrument has multiple external ports and can be stored in SD card by SD port. The device can be used for up to 8 hours without charging.
- Handheld lightweight and convenience for carrying
- 45dB high dynamic range
- ≤1m extra-short event dead zone
- 05m high distance resolution,128k sampling points
- Fast auto measurement, one-button operating
- Test up to four wavelengths with a single unit
- Communication light check automatically
- Remote function via Ethernet
- Double USB interfaces, supporting USB stick and printer and direct cable download to PC via ActiveSync
- Supporting Bell core GR196 file format in writing or reading
- Built-in lithium battery with high capacity for over 8 hours of operating life
- Visible fault locating (VFL) and optical power meter
- Universal FC/PC, FC/SC, FC/ST connector type, it’s convenient for surface cleaning
- Unique function of updating application software on-line, returning to factory is unnecessary
- Extra-short event dead zone
- Due to its high resolution, the OTDR has 1m extra-short event dead zone, which is suitable for testing short optical fiber and pigtail optical fiber.
- High-speed auto analyzing
|Distance uncertainty||±(0.75m( 0.029°F) + sample space + measurement distance×0.003%)1|
0.4,0.8,1.6,3.2,6.4,16,32 (MMF of 850nm)
5,10,30,80,160,320,640,1280 (MMF of 850nm)
|Sampling points||Up to 128k|
|Memory capacity||≥800traces(build-in), ≥65500traces (2GB SD storage)|
|Group refractive index setting||1.00000 to 2.00000 (0.00001steps)|
|Distance unit||km, m, kft, ft|
|Display||25.19in x 18.89in (640mm × 480mm), 6.5 inch (165mm) TFT-LCD (touch screen)|
|Interface||USB, Min-USB, Ethernet, earphone, SD|
|Optical connector||FC/SC/ST (universal connector)|
|Optical Power Meter||Wavelength range: 1270nm to 1700nm Measurement range: -60 to +3dBm Measurement accuracy: 5% ( -10dBm, CW)|
|Power supply||AC adapter 100 to 240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A DC:19V±2V(2A) Built-in Lithium battery: 4400mAh, operating time ≥8 hours 2|
|Language||User selectable: simplified Chinese, English, Russian, Korean etc. (please contact CETC 41st for others)|
|Environment||Operating temperature: 14°F-122°F
(-10℃ to 50℃) (charging:5 to 40℃)
Storage temperature: -40°F – 140°F (-40℃ to 70℃) (Battery: -20 to 60℃)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
|Dimensions||11.6in x 7.3in × 2.9in (295mm × 186mm × 75mm)|
|Weight||5.5lbs (2.5kg) Approx.|
Cleaning Optical Output Port
- Always keep the optical output port clean by using absolute ethyl alcohol regularly.
- Please cover the dust cap after use, and the dust cap must be kept clean as well.
- Dust and particles may result in wear and tear of the fiber splice end at output port, which will reduce the test accuracy and repeatability of instrument.
- Make sure that you have disabled power supply of instrument when you are cleaning.
- Make sure the laser source is in non-operating state when cleaning any optical interface.
- Procedures for cleaning optical output interface and splices
- Turn off power supply of instrument.
- Fully unscrew the flange cap.
- Gently draw the flange outwards