GAOTek Process Calibrator with OL Sign (Data Hold, Auto range) is designed with exact current, Voltage calibrator and digital multimeter function and can be used for detecting and debugging automatic control equipment in the industries. This process calibrator can self-calibrate and have a set of PC recording software to record measured data. Process Calibrator measures temperature, voltage, current, resistance and frequency with a built-in OL sign indicator, auto range and data hold functions. It complies with ICE1010_1 300V CAT III, CAT II 600V RoHS standards.
- Measures Voltage, Current, Frequency, Ohm and Temperature
- Display maximum 40000 counts
- Relative measurement
- Continuity buzzer: < 50 Ω
- MAX/MIN/AVG function
- Display backlight
- RS-232 Interface
- “OL” overload indication
- “H” read hold indication
- Windows OS operating system
- Source output of voltage, current and frequency
- Voltage and current can increase by degrees in 0 to 99 steps to output step voltage and step current
- Double display to show and control
- 32 function button and numeric button
- Source output can be set and modified directly by numeric button
- Output power is 15 V 25 mA
- ICE1010_1 300V CAT III, CAT II 600V RoHS standards
|DC Voltage||Range||400.00 mV||4.0000 V/40.000 V/300.00 V|
|Accuracy||± (0.025 % + 10)||± (0.025 % + 5)|
|AC Voltage||Range||400.00 mV||4.0000 V/40.000 V/300.00 V|
|Accuracy||± (0.7 % + 20)||± (0.8 % + 10)|
|DC Current||Range||400.00 mA|
|Accuracy||± (0.1 % + 10)|
|AC Current||Range||400.00 mA|
|Accuracy||± (0.7 % + 10)|
|Frequency||Range||4 Hz ~ 999.9 Hz||100 Hz ~ 5 kHz||5 kHz ~ 30 kHz|
|Accuracy||± 0.05 Hz||± 0.5 Hz||± 2 Hz|
|Resistance||Range||400 Ω/ 4 kΩ/40 kΩ/400 kΩ|
|Accuracy||± (0.1 % + 10)|
|Temperature||Range||-58 ˚F ~ 2372 ˚F (-50 ˚C ~ 1300 ˚C)|
|Accuracy||± (0.3 % + 33.8 ˚F (1 ˚C))|
|DC Voltage Output||Range||100.000 mV||5.0000 V/15.000 V|
|Accuracy||± (0.025 % + 0.03 %)||± (0.025 % + 0.02 %)|
|DC Current Output||Range||25.000 mA|
|Accuracy||± (0.02 % + 0.02 %)|
|Frequency Output||Range||20 Hz ~ 5000 Hz|
|Standards||ICE1010_1 300 V CAT III|
|Display||Maximum 40000 counts|
|Power Supply||AA 1.5 V,9 V alkaline type|
|Overload Indication||“OL” (indicates on the LCD)|
|Reading HOLD||“H” (indicates on the LCD)|
|Weight||38.80 oz. (1100 g)|
|Dimension||8.81 in × 6.77 in × 2.32 in (224 mm × 172 mm × 59 mm)|
|Working Temperature||-4 ˚F ~ 158 ˚F (-20 ˚C ~ +70 ˚C)|
|Storage Temperature||32 ˚F ~ 104 ˚F (0 ˚C ~ 40 ˚C)|
- Test leads
- RS-232 cable
- PC data record software
- Batteries 1.5V AA (8 pcs)
- Batteries 9V alkaline 1604A 6LR61 (1pc)
- User manual
- Carry case
- RS-232C Standard Interface
- AC Adaptor Plug
- LCD Display
- Menu Function Button
- Clear Button
- Measurement Function Button
- DMM Measurement /Source Output Selector Button
- Up/Down Selector Button
- Source Output Button
- Confirm Button
- Power Supply Button
- Numeric Button
- Backlight Button
- Common Input Terminal
- Volt, Frequency Input Terminal
- Temperature Input Terminal
- Volt Source Output Terminal
- Source Negative Output Terminal
- Amperes Source Output Terminal
Button Function Tour
- MENU FUNCTION BUTTON
- F1 MENU BUTTON
Press F1 button to select V Source setup mode
- F2 MENU BUTTON
Press F2 button to select mA Source setup mode.
- F3 MENU BUTTON
Press F3 button to setup CYCLE of step source.
- F4 MENU BUTTON
Press F4 button to select STEP SOURCE mode or Frequency mode.
- CLEAR BUTTON
To clear the wrong input of the user.
- MEASUREMENT FUNCTION BUTTONS
Measure V, mA, Ω, Hz, temperature and to change the range, switch AC to DC mode.
- HOLD BUTTON
Press the HOLD button to toggle in and out of the data Hold mode, except in the Min/Max Hold mode.
- VOLT MEASUREMENT BUTTON
Press the VOLT MEASUREMENT button to measure voltage.
- AC/DC SWITCH BUTTON
Toggle between AC and DC mode, DC is the standard configuration. Each press to switch one time.
- MILLIAMP MEASUREMENT BUTTON
Press the MILLIAMP MEASUREMENT button to measure Milliamp.
- MAX/MIN BUTTON
Press the MAX/MIN button to display the maximum (“Max”) readings, press again to display minimum (“Min”) readings.
- Ohms, CONTINUITY MEASUREMENT BUTTON
Press the button to measure Ohm, press it again to continuity test.
- RELATIVE MEASUREMENT BUTTON
Press the RELATIVE MEASUREMENT button to measure relative value.
- FREQUENCY MEASUREMENT BUTTON
Press the FREQUENCY MEASUREMENT to measure frequency.
- RANGE BUTTON
Press the RANGE button to select the Manual Range mode. RANGE button is inactive in other modes except in Volts, Ohms measurement mode. When the instrument is turned on, the LCD displays ”AUTO” symbol, and it is in auto range mode, now press the button in Volts or Ohms measurement mode, the LCD displays “MAN” symbol, and the instrument enter manual mode. In the Manual Range mode, the range switch one time by every pressing.
Press to measure temperature.
- DMM MEASUREMENT FUNCTION/ SOURCE OUTPUT FUNCTION SELECTOR BUTTON
Toggle between DMM Measurement Function and Source Output Function.
- SELECTOR BUTTON
Press the SELECTOR button to setup parameter of source.
- SOURCE OUTPUT BUTTON
Press the SOURCE OUTPUT button to export source that user has defined.
- CONFIRM BUTTON
Press the CONFIRM button to confirm the user’s input value.
- POWER BUTTON
Turn on or off the instrument.
- NUMERIC BUTTON
For user input the numerical value into the instrument.
- BACKLIGHT BUTTON
Turn ON or OFF the backlight. When the backlight is turned on over 5 seconds, it will auto turned off.
- Measurement symbol
- Buzzer symbol
- Calibration symbol
- Hold symbol
- Auto symbol
- Manual symbol
- Relative symbol
- 9V Battery symbol
- 12V Battery symbol
- Step unit (N), Temperature (℃), Time unit (S)
- Milliamps unit (mA), Volts unit (V, mV)
- Ohms unit (Ω, k Ω)
- Frequency unit (Hz, kHz)
- RS232 interface symbol
- Temperature (℃), Time unit (S)
- Milliamps unit (mA), Volts unit (V, mV)
- Ohms unit (Ω, kΩ)
- Frequency unit (Hz, kHz)
- Step Source menu
- Frequency menu
- Cycle menu
- Count Menu
- mA menu
- Export Source symbol
- Step of Milliamp menu
- Calibration symbol
- Volts menu
- Step of Volts menu
- Relative symbol
- Average symbol
- AC, DC symbol
- Source function symbol
- STEP symbol
- Minimum symbol
- Maximum symbol
- AC+DC symbol
- When the instrument is turned on, the instrument auto enter DMM Measurement and Source Output mode, the LCD display shown in figure 3.
- It can measure any circuit or set source parameter to export.
- Press the button and the LCD display respectively shows MEASURE+SOURCE, MEASURE and SOURCE three menus.
- Selecting MEASURE in DMM measurement mode, the instrument can measure DMM;
- Selecting SOURCE indicates source output mode, so the instrument can export source; MEASURE+SOURCE is in DMM measurement and source output mode, the instrument can measure any circuit and export source at the same time.
Source Output Map:
As volts source, the maximum output voltage is 15 V.
As Source output, the Maximum output Current is 25 mA.
Maximum source output is 5000 Hz in frequency.
- Insert the red lead into red output terminal and black lead into black output terminal.
- To select volt menu press “M” button, and to select frequency menu press “M” button twice. Volt value is set on the upside of the LCD and frequency value of the Volt is set on the downside of the LCD. The first bit of Volts value is set by pressing the input numeric key to desired value. For example, if we want to set 5V for Volt, then input is “5.0000” on the numeric key. Pressing the “C” button to clear wrong input.
Note: Volts can be set in 5 V, ± 5 V, ± 15 V, 15 V in Frequency output mode.
- If we set Volt of frequency above 5 V, the instrument will set 15 V automatically, and if setting Volt value less than 5 V, the Volt will be auto set in 5 V. For ±5 V or ±15 V, first press “+/” button.
- Press down key button , the first bit of frequency setting value is flashing on the downside of the LCD, press numeric key to input desired value of frequency. For example, setting value of output frequency is 60 Hz, then input “60.000” on numeric key. Setting value of Frequency must be standard industry frequency.
- Press “confirm” button to confirm the value, the LCD return to display “00.000 V”.
- Press the button to export, “60 Hz” and the “OUT” symbol is shown on the LCD. Start the current to export on. To stop the current Output, press the button again, and “OUT” symbol is disappeared.
- Set frequency value in the following 18 standard value: 5 kHz, 2500 Hz, 2000 Hz, 1250 Hz, 1000 Hz, 800 Hz, 500 Hz, 400 Hz, 250 Hz, 200 Hz, 160 Hz, 100 Hz, 80 Hz, 60 Hz, 50 Hz, 40 Hz, 25 Hz, 20 Hz. Setting an arbitrary value for frequency not above standard value, then the instrument will auto select a frequency value which your setting value is nearest to standard value.
- Insert red lead into V Ω mAHz terminal, and insert black lead into COM terminal as shown in the figure
- Press “V” button to enter Volts Measurement mode, the Volts reading and its unit is shown on the upside of the LCD.
- Press “AC/DC” button, the LCD displays “AC” symbol, the instrument is in AC mode now. Press this button again, the instrument displays “DC” symbol and enter DC measurement mode.
- In Milliamp measurement mode, press “max/min” button to measure maximum value in current circuit, press it again then the minimum value is shown.
- For relative measurement, press “rel” button to get relative measurement.
- Insert red lead into V Ω mAHz terminal, and insert black lead into COM terminal as shown in the figure. Press “mA” button to enter Milliamp Measurement mode, the current reading and unit is shown on the upside of the LCD.
- Press AC/DC button, the LCD displays “AC” symbol, the instrument is in AC mode now. Press this button again, the instrument displays “DC” symbol and enter DC measurement mode.
- In Milliamp measurement mode, press “MAX/MIN” button to measure maximum value in current circuit, press it again and the minimum value is shown.
- For relative measurement, press “rel” button to get the measurement.
Measuring Resistance, Continuity:
- Insert red lead into V Ω mAHz terminal, and insert black lead into COM terminal as shown in the figure. Press “res” button to enter Resistance Measurement mode, resistance reading and the unit are shown on the upside of the LCD.
- In Resistance mode, the Maximum, Minimum, Relative measurement function is available by pressing “Max/Min, rel”.
- Press “res” button again, the Resistance Measurement mode is switched into Continuity.
- Max measurement value is 400.00 Ω in Continuity mode.
- Insert red lead into V Ω mA Hz terminal, and insert black lead into COM terminals as shown in the figure.
- Press the frequency measuring button to enter frequency measurement mode, and the reading is shown on the upside of the LCD.
- Maximum, Minimum, Relative measurement function is not available in the frequency.
Insert leads of the thermocouple into temperature measurement terminal as shown in the figure below.
Press the temperature button to enter temperature measurement mode, and the reading of current temperature is shown on the upside of the LCD.
RS-232 Data Interface
The instrument can transmit data to PC computer by a RS-232 infrared photo electricity interface in real-time mode. Connect the RS-232 interface to a serial port of PC computer, then install the user data record software into the computer according to the README.TEXT file in the SETUP disk. Record and print the measured data of the instrument in real-time mode on the WINDOWS. The user data record special software can complete to record, collate, plot, print data in real-time mode.
Note: In all measurement mode, the measured data can be transmitted to the PC serial port automatically, but the instrument will stop transmitting in the SETUP mode.
The backlight is turn ON when pressing the backlight button. After about 8 seconds, the backlight turn OFF automatically.
Low Voltage Indication
When the batteries are exhausted and the LCD displays the “9 V” symbol, replace new 9 V alkaline battery; if the LCD displays the “12 V” symbol, replace new 8 piece AA 1.5V batteries.
Note: Exhausted batteries and new batteries can be not used at the same time
Replacing the Fuse
To avoid electrical shock, the instrument must be power off and disconnect the test leads or any input signals before replacing the fuses. Replace only with same type fuses. The input terminal is protected by a 100 mA 250 V fast blow ceramic fuse and 500 mA 250 V fast blow ceramic fuse.
Use the following procedure to replace the blown fuses of the instrument:
- Disconnect test leads from the measured circuit, turn off the instrument, and remove the test leads from input jacks.
- Unscrew the screw on the back cover, and remove the battery cover.
- Remove the blown fuse, replace with the same size and rating fuses.
- The input terminal is protected by 100 mA 250 V fast blow ceramic fuse and 500 mA 250 V fast blow ceramic fuse.
- Make sure the new fuse is centered in the fuse holder.
- Reinstall the batteries cover and the screw.
Replacing the Batteries
To avoid electrical shock, the instrument must be power off and disconnect the test leads or any input signals before replacing the batteries. Never use the instrument unless the back cover of the instrument is fastened completely. Replace only with same type or rating batteries.
When the LCD displays the “9 V” or “12” symbol, the batteries must be replaced to maintain proper operation.
Use the following procedure to replace the batteries:
- Remove the test leads from tested circuit, turn off the instrument. Remove the test leads from the input jacks.
- Unscrew the screw on the batteries cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the exhausted battery and replace with new the same type or rating batteries.
- Reinstall the battery cover and the screw.
Note: Exhausted batteries and new batteries can be not used at the same time.