Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge measuring with ultrasonic wave, is great for measuring the thickness of any material in which an ultrasonic wave can be transmitted and reflected. The gauge can provide quick and accurate measurement to various objects such as sheets of board and processing parts.
Another important feature for this instrument is to monitor various pipes and pressure vessels in production equipment, and monitor the thinning degree during using. It can be widely used in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, shipping, aerospace, aviation and other applicable fields.
- The device offers the following features:
- Capable of performing measurements on a wide range of material, including metals, plastic, ceramics, composites, epoxies, glass and other ultrasonic wave well-conductive materials.
- Transducer models are available for special application, including for coarse grain material and high temperature applications.
- Probe-Zero function, Sound-Veloctiy-Calibration function.
- Two-Point Calibration function.
- Coupling status Indicator showing the coupling status.
- Battery information indicates the rest capacity of the battery.
- Auto sleep and auto power off function to conserve battery life.
- Optional software to process the memory data on the PC.
- Optional thermal mini-printer to print the measured data via RS232 port.
|Technical parameter||Technical specification|
|Display||128×64 LCD with LED backlight|
|Measuring Range||0.03inch – 11.8 inch|
|Sound Velocity Range||1000m/s~9999m/s|
|Accuracy||±(0.5%Thickness +0.02)mm, depends on Materials
|Units||Metric and imperial units both available|
|Lower limit for steel pipes||5MHz probe: 20mm/3.0mm (0.8/ 0.12 inch)
10MHz probe: 20mm/3.0mm (0.6/ 0.08 inch)
|Communications||RS232 Serial Port|
How To Use
- Two-point calibration
- Select two standard samples of the same material with workpiece to be measured, among which, one has a thickness equal to or slightly higher than the tested piece, and the thickness of another test piece is slightly lower than the tested piece.
- Before carrying out 2-point calibration, please turn off Min. Capture function, perform the Erase CAL Data function in the Memory Manager, and erase the former calibration record.
- Set the 2-point calibration is ON.
- Press MENU key return main display.
- One can carry out 2-point calibration at any time during
- Press under thickness-measuring state to enter into 2-Point CAL, the screen will prompt to calibrate the thinner piece.
- Before measuring, please clean any dust, dirt and rust on the object, and remove any cover such as paint, etc. on it.
Improving requirement on roughness
- A surface that is too rough will cause error in measurement.
- Before measuring, smoothen the surface of object by grinding, polishing or filing.